TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

A helpful idea or two

How about all the "comments which...." threads get pinned at the top of each board, then all the crap threads can have their home seen at all times.

Also, here is an idea for list topics in the WWE folder

*Win/Loss standings

*Comments...

*Helpful links

*OAO John Cena thread

*OAO Randy Orton Thread

*OAO WON thread

Guest Felonies!

We should just stop doing Comments.... completely. I mean, rarely do any of them foster any discussion, which is supposed to be why we're here. If they do, then they must warrant a thread. What's the point of hundreds of unassociated comments in one place? It's getting especially bad in Music, where in addition to Comments Which Don't Warrant A Thread, you also have Post Pictures Of Albums That You Listened To Today, Name Albums You Bought Today, Name Songs You're Listening To Right Now, Name Bands That You Like, and on and on. As long as most posts elicit some sort of discussion, it's cool, but when you just have a page of 30 straight posts in which people post JPEGs of album covers, what's the point? It's just everybody talking to themselves. I guess I'm as guilty as anyone, but it's worth pointing out that the premise has kind of worn thin.

We should just stop doing Comments.... completely. I mean, rarely do any of them foster any discussion, which is supposed to be why we're here. If they do, then they must warrant a thread.

Behold the beauty of the almighty circular argument.

Comments works for wrestling folders, because there's lots of things which don't warrant a topic but do warrent a short converation (decent matches, Trish's ass etc). These topice are gonna get less that 20 replies at the bestof times, so why clog a folder up with them.

Elsewhere, fuck it.