TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The WWE Backlash '06 Thread...

Guest Birdman37
I can guarantee RVD will not be walking out with the IC belt but will keep the MitB by DQ. There's no sense in WWE taking the IC belt off Shelton yet, and there would be no point to ONS if RVD wasnt challenging for the gold after all the hints he's been dropping, and the now-confirmed ONS poster.

nice guarantee there. lmao

Yeah, that'll teach him for using his brain and thinking of the only logical booking strategy.

The WWE writers sure showed him, though.

I can guarantee RVD will not be walking out with the IC belt but will keep the MitB by DQ. There's no sense in WWE taking the IC belt off Shelton yet, and there would be no point to ONS if RVD wasnt challenging for the gold after all the hints he's been dropping, and the now-confirmed ONS poster.

Not everybody can be as confident with their guarantees as Jingus when he says there is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY no way that WWE would EVER put Cena against RVD at One Night Stand.

The people here are clairvoyant.

And oh yeah, HHH is kept from the title for a little while longer. Huzzah! Once the cool anti-hero feelings die down, you guys'll start loving Cena again.

Wow this show sounds awful. Glad i went to class today instead of ordering it.

Just like GAB from last year, it had a good looking card going in, but once again, shitty results ruined another PPV.

Not everybody can be as confident with their guarantees as Jingus when he says there is ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY no way that WWE would EVER put Cena against RVD at One Night Stand.

Yeah. Whoops. Shocked the hell out of me. I don't like it, cuz it will hurt both guys. RVD doesn't need the crappy match that Cena is almost guaranteed to provide, and Cena doesn't need to have yet another nail put in the coffin for his babyface career by jobbing to another face.

The people here are clairvoyant.

Hey, I do what I can :P

So, did John Cena get his usual crowd response (kids and girls cheering, and guys shitting all over him)?

Just for the record, I live in England so I got the PPV for free, maybe thats why I didn't think it was so bad. I kinda got into it and it all went really quickly. Maybe you're all too quick to shit on the product nowadays.

Maybe it's because i reached rock bottom with WWE a few months back, i don't think it can get much worse, so i'm enjoying it for what it is. I'm actually finding it interesting that Cena can beat anyone and everyone... I'm wondering where they are going with this, because it seems like a HUGE inside joke at all of us, and we're just feeding Vince with exactly what he wants. He doesn't want smarks, smarks do not buy spinner belts, we are not worth a shit.

This PPV was OK. Not as bad as it could've been. I also watched it for free on Sky Sports 1. Carlito/Masters and RVD/Shelton, along with the 2 main events made it watchable.

Guest Big Chris Studd
Carlito/Masters was ok, but Masters totally screwed up a two count somewhere in there.

Ughh... that was awful! Ref smacks the mat 1.... 2... 3??? Ooops he had a shoulder up, only a 2 count. WTF?!?

We felt pretty bad for the ref. "Apple-lock" was kind of funny though.

Okay guys, I was too tired from driving back to Louisville last night from the PPV, but here are my Backlash thoughts:

--HHH isn't really THAT over as a face or tweener or whatever the hell he is. His segment of the match vs. Edge had pretty much no heat and the crowd was puzzled by it. You guys might not want to hear this, but Cena was easily the most over guy in that match. Crowd popped big for his win actually. In fact it almost makes me think Cena getting booed is more of a put on than anything.

--The biggest reactions of the night were by far Michaels and Van Dam. I'd say HBK had the slight edge there, but then his feud with Vince has gotten an insane amount of TV time, so he should be over. As far as RVD goes, I finally got to see him win a match in person. Yay! He now has his SIXTH IC title. I don't know whether to cheer or cry. There were some goofy non finishes on the PPV, yet this was the one match where such a finish was warranted. I think they'll just give the IC back to Shelton in a 3 way soon, thus RVD doesn't have to take a pin before the ECW PPV.

--From that match I couldn't help but think though....Shelton lacks focus at times. I mean he hits that insane powerbomb to the floor on RVD and then gets him back in the ring--and does chokes and chinlocks? That stuff slowed what was an otherwise killer matchup.

--The Kane/Big Show match may well have been the worst shit I've ever seen in person. It was that bad.

--I was puzzled by the women's match and the finish, but I believe Trish got hurt so maybe that was the reason. Dunno.

--Carlito is getting somewhat over, but dear god Masters has zero heat. I mean seriously, he was the one guy who got virtually no reaction the entire night. It was amusing to see Carlito put him in the Masterlock and the match overall was pretty decent.

Anyway, I have no idea where they go with any of this from here. They seriously need to get the belt of fucking Cena though, if they keep this up for much longer he's going to just start drawing X-Pac heat rather than his current heated reaction. I can't see how HHH can justify being in the title scene at this point considering he tapped at WM and got pinned at Backlash.

To be honest, RVD is really the only guy on Raw that Cena hasn't steamrolled. I don't know if they'll do that match or go with the JBL option at ONS, but if it's Cena they really need to job him there. If anything the loss might help him. I think half the reason people boo him is that they're simply sick of seeing him with the title. If he lost it and had to do a prolonged chase people would get behind him again.

I don't know if they'll do that match or go with the JBL option at ONS, but if it's Cena they really need to job him there. If anything the loss might help him. I think half the reason people boo him is that they're simply sick of seeing him with the title. If he lost it and had to do a prolonged chase people would get behind him again.

If nobody wants to see John Cena with the title now, why will people suddenly rally behind the idea of him going on a drawn-out chase trying to win it back?

Cabbageboy, cool you got to see the show, but I disagree with you about Cena.

The crowd loudly boo'd everytime Cena made an offensive maneuver. A punch was BOO'd. In contrast, the crowd loudly cheered everytime Triple H made an offensive maneuever. A punch, spinebuster, facebuster, clothesline, etc. were cheered.

The crowd booed heavily when Cena was on the mic backstage. The crowd popped huge when Cena mentioned Triple H possibly winning the title.

Edge had absolutely no heat in the match. Edge IS a great heel, and gets heat in his other bouts, but he was in a weird situation of being the odd man out in the bout. Edge spent a ton of time on the floor or being double-teamed. Honestly, the only reason Edge was in the match was to make the WM rematch appear more fresh.

The reason they cheered for Cena pinning Triple H was because it was a surprising, hot finish to a good match. They're begging Cena to get crushed. Don't believe me? When Cena had Edge up for the FU during the finish, Triple H low-blows him to a HUGE POP. He then loads him up for the Pedigree and the FANS POP. The roll-up by Cena then gets a BIG POP. It's exciting! The Cena girls/teens were excited.

The crowd was very vocal for Cena positively, but also very negative. I'd say the arena was split 65/35 in favor of Triple H, with Cena putting it best, "That silence is the sound of no one wanting to see Edge win the WWE Title."

Watch when Cena and Triple H play pinball with Edge's head throwing punches. BOO...YAY...BOO...YAY...BOO...YAY.

And watch when Cena and Triple H take turns bouncing Edge's head (like 12 times) off the announcer's table. BOO...YAY...BOO...YAY.

Well-worked, exciting, gory, fun match. With Triple H, Cena, and Edge of all people...3 guys who last year at different points were totally shitted on by the internet. The PPV may have blown, but the main event delivered.

Candice Michelle came to see Vince due to a chest cold and wanted Vince, because he's God to heal here. It ended with Vince grabbing her breasts and her orgasming practically. Unfortunately, the match is now up and Vince couldn't complete the job. And I'm not making this up.

That's just really creepy. :(

Don't worry, Ginger Snaps, Vince never "grabbed Candice's breasts". Whoever said that is doing more bad reportin'. He placed his hands on her shoulders, and she told him it was a chest cold and to go lower, and he placed his hands on her hips and sides, obviously somewhat intimidated. She moaned and screamed as he screamed "HEAL!!!! HEAL THIS WOMAN DAMNIT!", it was actually quite funny, unlike the match. ShaneO got him out of there and Candice fell off the couch and rolled around.

Having experienced this "Cena reaction" live in person now, I can safely tell you the whole thing is a put on. It's mostly people amusing themselves by fucking with Cena. I mean he got a huge pop for winning, so quite a few of the people booing his offense ended up cheering for his actual win.

I don't know what Edge does from here. Maybe nothing. I thought they should trade him to SD since that show is desperate for top heels.

Evander, I do think they'll put the title back on Shelton. The only point of RVD winning is because they booked themselves into a corner where he couldn't job before the ECW PPV. So he gets another IC title. I'd just do a 3 way soon with RVD/Haas/Shelton and have Shelton pin Haas or vice versa.

Evander, I do think they'll put the title back on Shelton. The only point of RVD winning is because they booked themselves into a corner where he couldn't job before the ECW PPV. So he gets another IC title. I'd just do a 3 way soon with RVD/Haas/Shelton and have Shelton pin Haas or vice versa.

RVD can do another job and still be over.

If Shelton wins by pulling the tights, or puting his feet on the ropes, RVD will still be over.

I mean the WWE had RVD jobbed to everyone and their mother, and he still remained over. Him losing to the IC back to Shelton via cheating, will not hurt RVD's overness.

It's a matter of weighing your options. Which do they need more right now: Shelton getting a bit of cred by beating RVD or a strong RVD going into the ECW relaunch?

It's a matter of weighing your options. Which do they need more right now: Shelton getting a bit of cred by beating RVD or a strong RVD going into the ECW relaunch?

I really don't understand this logic.

RVD can still look strong if he gets beat, via Shelton cheating.

What *should* have happened:

Shelton def. RVD by DQ when RVD is caught using a chair Shelton brought into the ring.

Shelton says "titles can't change hands ona DQ...but your briefcase isn't a title", claims MITB briefcase.

RVD wins rematch because of dubious outcome on Raw.

_____

Now they've got the IC Title on RVD and jobbed Shelton for no reason.

Cabbageboy, cool you got to see the show, but I disagree with you about Cena.

The crowd loudly boo'd everytime Cena made an offensive maneuver. A punch was BOO'd. In contrast, the crowd loudly cheered everytime Triple H made an offensive maneuever. A punch, spinebuster, facebuster, clothesline, etc. were cheered.

The crowd booed heavily when Cena was on the mic backstage. The crowd popped huge when Cena mentioned Triple H possibly winning the title.

Edge had absolutely no heat in the match. Edge IS a great heel, and gets heat in his other bouts, but he was in a weird situation of being the odd man out in the bout. Edge spent a ton of time on the floor or being double-teamed. Honestly, the only reason Edge was in the match was to make the WM rematch appear more fresh.

The reason they cheered for Cena pinning Triple H was because it was a surprising, hot finish to a good match. They're begging Cena to get crushed. Don't believe me? When Cena had Edge up for the FU during the finish, Triple H low-blows him to a HUGE POP. He then loads him up for the Pedigree and the FANS POP. The roll-up by Cena then gets a BIG POP. It's exciting! The Cena girls/teens were excited.

The crowd was very vocal for Cena positively, but also very negative. I'd say the arena was split 65/35 in favor of Triple H, with Cena putting it best, "That silence is the sound of no one wanting to see Edge win the WWE Title."

Watch when Cena and Triple H play pinball with Edge's head throwing punches. BOO...YAY...BOO...YAY...BOO...YAY.

And watch when Cena and Triple H take turns bouncing Edge's head (like 12 times) off the announcer's table. BOO...YAY...BOO...YAY.

Well-worked, exciting, gory, fun match. With Triple H, Cena, and Edge of all people...3 guys who last year at different points were totally shitted on by the internet. The PPV may have blown, but the main event delivered.

Proving once again Edge is the best Heel on RAW. He REALLY IS a Heel because they just simply dont cheer him. They cheer HHH when he's up against Cena but not Edge. Edge should say HHH doesnt know how to be a Heel.

RVD would look stronger if he didn't lose to Shelton by cheating. Their priorities are with RVD right now.

Like I said, RVD jobbing to Shelton via cheating wont hurt RVD at all.

They already jobbed RVD to everyone and their grandmother, and it still couldn't hurt RVD's overness.

Right before they gave Angle the title, they had him been the 1st person eliminated in the Elimnation Chamber(in a match he still looked strong) and had him job to Chris Masters back to back, and he still looked strong and was still over when he won the title.

I don't know what Edge does from here. Maybe nothing. I thought they should trade him to SD since that show is desperate for top heels.

I agree, especially since Edge has a history with Mysterio they could use to build heat for a feud.

They're probably not even considering this, though, because of the Matt Hardy/Lita situation.

I'd like to see an Edge/RVD mini-feud.

Tonight, Edge has Foley on the Cutting Edge. I suspect some ECW stuff will come up. Perfect time to bring RVD to the table do some RVD/Edge mic work.

Edge's "kinda shoot" promos would rock if he brought up "flippy floppy moves" and marijuana smoking. Who knows, JR *did* mention the 4:20 thing last night.

I've wanted an Edge/RVD feud forever. In fact how many guys on relatively the same level and been there as long as these guys have never worked a program? I can count a grand total of 3 RVD/Edge matches over the past 5 years. One I saw in person was after No Mercy 2001 and Edge beat RVD clean (IC title match). That really baffled me at the time considering RVD was coming off main eventing the PPV. I think they also had a couple of TV matches during the Invasion, one on Raw and the other on SD. They split there.

If they do this Edge/RVD mini feud that'd be a decent way of having Edge screw RVD out of the IC belt vs. Shelton. Then RVD could kick Edge's ass and then focus on the MITB.

Basically any scenario not involving Edge going to SD involves him getting buried.