TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Felonies!

TWIB #5: 1 May - 7 May

Johan Santana had a good outing today.

His Stats

7.0IP 4Hits 2runs 2ER 1BB 11K 1HR

He had a no hitter through 6 innings to go along with 10 k's.

Hmm, Cubs finally put up a crooked number (first time in 80 innings they'd scored more than one) to take the lead and Angel Guzman quickly gives it up and is threatening to give up the go-ahead run.

Hell of a game to miss in Scranton today. Cole Hamels pitches seven innings, gives up five hits and a run, and strikes out ten. Dusty Wathan hits a two out home run in the bottom of the tenth to win the game.

Damn 'Stros just got swept by the Rockies. The Rockies look like they have a good club this year. I'll make an out of the blue pick and say the Rockies take the West. Oh well, Everett once again sparkled on defense, making a "play of the year" candidate to save a run, and DAVE~! Borkowski pitched great again. He's pitched 9 innings, struck out 10, given up 4 hits, walked 2 and surrendered no runs. Dave Borkowski-the new Houston Astros closer. Oh well, the trek through the West continues tomorrow with Roy O getting the start against Noah Lowry, and without Alou and Bonds not likely to play, hopefully we can get out of this skid.

Phillies need to blow this game open already against the gray-haired pitching unit of the Giants.

Yeah, I'm started to get worried. We've only won seven games this week.

Al,

I'm very optimistic about the Phillies this year. I think Rowand, Utley, and Rollins have definately taken charge of the team, and its made Burrell and Abreu push themselves hard and contibute more.

Abreu, as much as I think he was overrated in seasons past, has been really impressive this year and I've found myself rooting for him.

And Big Sal's my hero.

They left the bases loaded to end the inning in two straight innings. That's what I was commenting about. The Giants SUCK and this shoulda been over already. I don't think they can afford to leave 6 stranded in 2 innings time against the Mets.

Guest Princess Leena

Oh crap, Bonds is one behind Babe now.

ESPN is going to cut away from the 1000th rerun of poker to show all his at-bats.

Gammons and company made a big fuss about poor Barry having to stand in the outfield and his knee getting "weak" by the 6th inning.

I also saw a Phils fan, with a Phils hat and Yankees jersey (?!?!?) talk smack to Barry as he got up from the dugout to take some swings. Only problem was: Barry's mom was aproximately 8 feet from the fan. She looked at him and shook his head. Aww.

Does anyone have a photo of the rumored "kid dressed as a syringe" from the first game of the series?

Guest Smues

Whenever Barry hits 714 and 715 I'm sure it'll be during PTI so ESPN can cut away from PTI to show it just to make me oh so happy.

Smues, your avatar is the every definiton of old school.

I have a few questions re: saves.

What exacly is the criterium? Isnt it no more than 1-2/3 innings pitched, no earned runs, lead of less than three runs preserved?

Smues, your avatar is the every definiton of old school.

I have a few questions re: saves.

What exacly is the criterium? Isnt it no more than 1-2/3 innings pitched, no earned runs, lead of less than three runs preserved?

Save criteria/the 11 ways to get to first shamelessly stolen from the internet

The pitcher fulfills at least one of the following three conditions:

1. He comes into the game with a lead of no more than three runs, and pitches at least one full inning.

2. He comes into the game with the potential tying run being either on base, at bat, or on deck. In other words, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batters he faces.

3. He pitches at least three "effective" innings (this is the only subjective criterion and is judged by the official scorer).

----------

1. Hit

2. Base on balls

3. Hit by pitch

4. Catcher interference

5. Dropped third strike

6. Error

7. Fielder's choice

8. Hitting a baserunner with the batted ball

9. A ball, pitched to the batter or thrown by the pitcher from his position on the pitcher's plate to a base to catch a runner, goes into a stand, or player's bench, or over or through a field fence or backstop, or is touched by a spectator. (Obscure rule 7.05(h))

10. The third strike becomes lodged in the umpires equipment (not touched by the catcher). (Obscure rule 7.05(i))

11. Pinch Runner

Phillies need to blow this game open already against the gray-haired pitching unit of the Giants.

Yeah, I'm started to get worried. We've only won seven games this week.

Man, it's depressing to think the Cubs barely scored more runs this week than games the Phillies won.

10. The third strike becomes lodged in the umpires equipment (not touched by the catcher). (Obscure rule 7.05(i))

That reminds me of a bizzarre incident that occured a few years back ago when the Astros played...I'm pretty sure it was the White Sox. There were runners on 1st and 3rd with two outs and the 'Stros pitcher threw a pitch that bounced on homeplate while the batter swung through it for strike three and the ball somehow bounced up and landed right in the umpire's front pocket. Brad Ausmus popped up and ran around looking for it and nobody could find it. Meanwhile, the runner on third waltzed home, followed by the runner on first, and then the batter made it all the way to second before the ball was found.

As far as Bonds, I'm hoping very much that he doesn't play tomorrow against the 'Stros. He's 4-4 against Oswalt with a homerun, and I just really, really, really don't wanna see him tie/break the record against the Astros in San Fransisco. However, if he were to tie/break the record, the 'Stros would finally get on Baseball Tonite and Sportscenter, so that would be good.

The game's been over for a good while, but I just got home, so I'll post about it now. It's feels weird to say this, but I'm actually concerned about Sidney Ponson. He left the game after three innings while pitching a gem. He was about to go 4-0, too. Come back soon, Sidney!