TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

HD-TV Question...

I was looking at eBay for HDTVs and I came across this TV. My girlfriend has the same exact TV, but I don't think it's HD. Is there something one needs to buy to make it a HDTV, is the guy wrong or is the TV all ready to go and be HD?

Unless my GF has a different TV than this one and there is no point to this.

Thanks in advance.

First of all..15 inches is too small for an HD TV regardless..the whole point to HD is the increased level of detail which you won't be able to even notice on that small of a TV.

This is technically an HD Ready TV which means its capable of displaying HD resolutions (in this case 1080i), but good luck finding an HD capable set top box with VGA output. Most boxes will only output HD material via either Component (less common because its not secure and its analog) or either DVI or HDMI. There may be an adapter for the VGA to HDMI/DVI but thats gonna cost some cash...

If price is an issue, you can get nice CRT HD sets for less than $500 these days (27 inch and 30 inches even) just about anywhere, but they are huge. If the size is the issue, I dont think I'd be concerned about whether its HD or not.