TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

Happy International Workers' Day

Guest Felonies!

I like the interpretation of May Day with the Maypole better than your communist shit.

Curry: not yet! Oh fucking fuck, Cinco De Mayo falls on a Friday. Dumbshit college kids are really gonna co-opt it this year.

"Let's have Coronas for Mexican Independence Day!" [sic]

Serially.

Fuck this workers shite, this is a spring festival, and it will stay one.

*does a Morris Dance*

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...0030430-26.html

Loyalty Day, 2003

By the President of the United States of America

A Proclamation

To be an American is not a matter of blood or birth. Our citizens are bound by ideals that represent the hope of all mankind: that all men are created equal, endowed with unalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. On Loyalty Day, we reaffirm our allegiance to our country and resolve to uphold the vision of our Forefathers.

Our founding principles have endured, guiding our Nation toward progress and prosperity and allowing the United States to be a leader among nations of the world. Throughout our history, honorable men and women have demonstrated their loyalty to America by making remarkable sacrifices to preserve and protect these values.

Today, America's men and women in uniform are protecting our Nation, defending the peace of the world, and advancing the cause of liberty. The world has seen again the fine character of our Nation through our military as they fought to protect the innocent and liberate the oppressed in Operation Iraqi Freedom. We are honored by the service of foreign nationals in our Armed Services whose willingness to risk their lives for a country they cannot yet call their own is proof of the loyalty this country inspires. Their service and sacrifice are a testament to their love for America, and our soldiers' honor on and off the battlefield reaffirms our Nation's most deeply held beliefs: that every life counts, and that all humans have an unalienable right to live as free people.

These values must be imparted to each new generation. Our children need to know that our Nation is a force for good in the world, extending hope and freedom to others. By learning about America's history, achievements, ideas, and heroes, our young citizens will come to understand even more why freedom is worth protecting.

Last September, I announced several initiatives that will help improve students' knowledge of American history, increase their civic involvement, and deepen their love for our great country. The We the People initiative will encourage the teaching of American history and civic education by providing grants for curriculum development and training seminars. The Our Documents initiative will use the Internet to bring infor-mation about and the text of 100 of America's most important documents from the National Archives to classrooms and com-munities across the country. These initiatives are important, for it is only when our children have an understanding of our past that they will be able to lead the future.

This Loyalty Day, as we express allegiance to our Nation and its founding ideals, we resolve to ensure that the blessings of liberty endure and extend for generations to come.

The Congress, by Public Law 85-529, as amended, has designated May 1 of each year as "Loyalty Day," and I ask all Americans to join me in this day of celebration and in reaffirming our allegiance to our Nation.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2003, as Loyalty Day. I call upon all the people of the United States to join in support of this national observance. I also call upon government officials to display the flag of the United States on all government buildings on Loyalty Day.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirtieth day of April, in the year of our Lord two thousand three, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and twenty-seventh.

GEORGE W. BUSH

Gee, wonder why this never caught on. I found it while looking up pictures for the above post.

NO!!!

That utter BASTARD!!

No, no, fuck YOU bush.

He will NOT coopt this holiday.

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but it scares the fuck out of me that any official body in this country would declare a "Loyalty Day."

Well... like, that's IMPLIED.

The distrust and loyalty shit and all.

But it's ALREADY a HOLIDAY.

Do may 2nd or 3rd or 4th...

NO!!!

That utter BASTARD!!

No, no, fuck YOU bush.

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but it scares the fuck out of me that any official body in this country would declare a "Loyalty Day."

I bet you said the pledge of allegiance every day before school though. Same thing..

NO!!!

That utter BASTARD!!

No, no, fuck YOU bush.

I bet you said the pledge of allegiance every day before school though. Same thing..

That's a little different to me, but point taken.

but it scares the fuck out of me that any official body in this country would declare a "Loyalty Day."

I "2nd" the fuck outta this statement.

Guest Felonies!

Eisenhower proclaimed today to be Loyalty Day 45 years before Bush did, by the way. (Not that it makes the whole concept any better.)

Then it's a foul on him also. Shit, dude put "under God" in the Pledge of Alliegance already. Sound like something the current powers that be in the economic, political, and social worlds would do.

Guest Felonies!

That foul is just on the social climate of the time. Eisenhower was a reasonable man. Guy understood the value of alliances better than Mr. Go It Alone here.

I think it was on the Ron and Fez show last week, someone called in and suggested that all the white people take a day off and see how that works out..

McDonalds and Taco Bell would be the only places open.

Guest guerillagenius

No they wouldn't, because the managers aren't mexican.