TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Tino Standard

The OAO Raw Thread 5/1/06

The Champ's Still Here

May 1, 2006

The Champ is still here as Monday Night RAW heads into Columbus, Ohio tonight.

As first reported on WWE's new Mobile Alert system, The Cutting Edge will return tonight on RAW, and Edge has invited none other than Mick Foley to be his guest. At WrestleMania 22, Edge and Foley had one of the most brutal Hardcore Matches ever, ending when the Rated R Superstar speared the Hardcore Legend through a flaming table. With their bloody war at WrestleMania 22 still fresh on both men's minds, why has Edge invited Foley to be on The Cutting Edge?

Last night at Backlash, Edge had a chance to become WWE Champion, but John Cena pinned Triple H to win the Triple Threat Match and retain the gold. However, when the match was over, The Game grabbed his sledgehammer, attacking Cena, Edge and even referee Mickie Hensen. A bloodied Cerebral Assassin stood tall as Cena and Edge lay in the ring; will The Champ have anything to say about the attack tonight?

Mr. McMahon is also coming off a huge victory at Backlash, as The Spirit Squad helped the WWE Chairman and his son Shane defeat Shawn Michaels and "God" in a No-Disqualification Match. As also first reported on WWE's new Mobile Alert system, Mr. McMahon will make a huge announcement tonight on RAW. What will it be?

Also last night, Rob Van Dam defeated Shelton Benjamin to become the Intercontinental Champion. With both Intercontinental gold and the Money in the Bank briefcase in his possession, what’s next on the agenda for Mr. Monday Night?

Plus, Trish Stratus defeated Mickie James by disqualification, but suffered a dislocated shoulder during the match. Will there be any further update on her injury?

Find out all this and more on RAW tonight at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

My bet is that Vince's "big announcement" will be that he is either resuming his search for a permanent Raw GM or he will introduce the new GM tonight. The angle with HBK was the only thing keeping him on Raw, and now that he has his win, that's probably done.

MINOR SPOILER

Meltzer says - On Raw tonight will be the return of Mick Foley. I don't know what's planned, but do know of some ideas batted around and don't be surprised to be surprised.

Sounds like it wil be a good show.

Meltzer says - On Raw tonight will be the return of Mick Foley. I don't know what's planned, but do know of some ideas batted around and don't be surprised to be surprised.

So, Dave's getting his info from the official Raw preview now?

I'm not excited for anything about Raw tonight, after that disappointing excuse of a ppv last night. Foley returning doesn't add to my interest at all. The one good storyline this show had going is on hiatus now because Trish is hurt.

Foley is ok I just don't want to see him shrill another book, use socko, or wear the damn shirt with the spray painted ref stripes ever again. Cactus Jack is the god of hardcore NOT Doink the F'N Clown.

Foley, apparently pitched what he considered his most important meeting every. I'm guessing it was a creative meeting, I like to think Foley has a creative gem left in him but the last 2 go arounds have been carbon copies of the Orton angle.

If Foley is "nervous" about pitching a storyline, he must really like it. Maybe he will finally pull the trigger on the storyline he wanted to do with CM Punk and Samoa Joe (obviously with someone else playing Joe's part).

Big announcement, he has reinstated JR as Announcer, or announcing the ECW PPV, both which are not huge announcements, but whatever he says won't be huge /opinion

I'm with Leena, just let Foley stay the hell away. He no longer serves any purpose. None. Hacksaw Jim Duggan serves more of a purpose than Mick Foley.

Ugh, can't Foley just ever go the fuck away.

Amen to that. I'm sick of Foley. I don't even want him to come around once or twice a year for a legends match. I just want him to fall off the face of the earth.

Hawk, do tell. Where did you find out this info?

Oh, and what was the Punk/Joe stuff all about with Foley? I'm assuming it was in ROH.

Foley, mentioned in his blog about a meeting with Vince McMahon the next morning that he said was "very important" and alluded that it was a creative meeting. Foley, in fall of 2004 wanted to bring Punk and Joe into WWE as the "future". Foley was in talks to do a program with McMahon and the idea was that Foley would retract his statement that Orton was the future of the business but it was in fact Joe and Punk.

Foley has confirmed various times he wanted to use Joe and work a program with him(in ROH or WWE but his injury prevented that and Joe signing with TNA and Foley signing with WWE prevented that as well).

I'm assuming that because of how hard Foley pushed that angle, he still wants to deliver on it in some fashion.

Wouldn't be suprised if it's the annual Draft announcement.

NO ONE IS SAFE~!

Itd be funny if Vince was like "Anyone not drafted by RAW/Smackdown is FIRED!" and then all the guys that aren't drafted can then go to ECW.

I have no problem with Foley so long as he isn't being used to put over someone worthless.

Prepare to be dissapointed.

If I am entertained, then I'm disapointed. I expect a bad show loaded with absurd stupidity. If I don't get that, I won't be pleased.

I have no problem with Foley so long as he isn't being used to put over someone worthless.

Be prepared for HBK and Foley vs Spirit Squad.