TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SWF Smarkdown Card - May 8th!

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...
SWF SMARKDOWN!
Live, Monday, May 8th, from the GREEN ZONE in Baghdad, Iraq!
(6pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)

In%20the%20Green%20Zone%20of%20Baghdad_jpg.jpg

RUDOS Y TECHNICOS! Ariba la raza! Odelea! Why am I using Spanish on a card booked in the middle east? I don't know! But the main event simply demands it! The world tour continues along as we make our next stop in one of the most ancient cities in the world, the capital of Iraq, Baghdad! The heavily fortified Green Zone is the locale for this show, which houses most of the important administrative buildings in Baghdad. An outdoor ring has been set up and an audience should consist mostly of GI's and dignitaries. And, if we're lucky, the occasional infidel hating extremist still upset over Ramadomination...

OPENING PROMO: Landon Maddix

MAIN EVENT
LUCHA LIBRE TRIOS MATCH
JJ Johnson, Manson and "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs Zyon, Wildchild and "The Divine Wind" Akira Kaibatsu

->A tantalizing tag team throw-down! I could do better alliteration, but I don't really care enough to. The result of me booking the main event through chat is actually not that bad for a change, as six of the best cruiserweights in the SWF throw down for a shot at Grendel's gold. Former cruiserweight champions Akira and Zyon team up with the greatest high flier in federation history, while two-time champ Spike Jenkins, the new International champ JJ Johnson, and one half of the tag team champions, Manson, do BIG BATTEL! Hey, wait, Manson isn't a crusierweight!
Rules: RUDOS Y TECHNICOS! Let's see if I remember this correctly. Tag team cruiserweight rules. The ring for this matchup is octagonal in shape, and there are two referees, one heel and one face. Additionally, Team Rudo and Team Technicos need to have a team captain! Wildchild and Spike Jenkins for each respective squad! If Team Rudo wins, JJ Johnson and Spike Jenkins face Grendel in a triple threat for the title. If Team Technicos wins, all three of them face Grendel in a fatal four way for the title. Masks are optional, but reccomended.
Word Limit: 6000
Send To: janusd

SINGLES BOUT
Aecas vs Sean Davis

->Aecas, the rather large Briton, returned after a long haitus from SWF action on the last show, wiping out Manson along the way. A former hardcore champion, tag team champion, and JL world (I believe) champion, Aecas was a force in the midcard before his exodus, including a frightening tag team run with fellow behemoth Janus. Just to keep a sense of continuity with the description, Aecas takes on Sean Davis here in his second match back.
Rules: Standard singles match.
Word Limit: 5000
Send To: chirs3

HOUSE RULES
"6th ENGINEERS" SWEEP AND CLEAR MATCH
Jimmy the Doom vs Austin Sly

->The Doomtopian and the recently returned Austin Sly face off against each other in the requisite House Match as the SWF World Tour '06 continues. In the US Army, they call it "sweep and clear." It's more popularly known as "search and destroy." But in the SWF, hide and seek is hide and seek no matter what the name is - even if the army version has more high explosives. In Baghdad, even in the Green Zone, there's always a danger of mortar attacks, suicide bombings and other uncouth kinds of warfare. We've co-opted the daily security work by US forces with a classic SWF matchup, and the end result should be fun for the whole family!
Rules: Within the Green Zone reside a number of large "bombs" filled with enviromentally friendly, bio-degradable Gak. We'll say there's like 25 in all, placed in conspicuous areas. The winner is whoever disarms as many as possible within the time limit (15:00). If you accidentally set one off, it doesn't count. Additionally, while the Green Zone is the safest part of Baghdad, that isn't really saying too much...
Word Limit: 5750
Send To: Evolution

SINGLES BOUT, NON-TITLE
Grendel© vs Bloodshed

->The mysterious Grendel, SWF Cruiserweight champion, has seen his stock rise rapidly in the last few weeks. In the opening bout of this show, he takes on the recently returned Bloodshed in what should be a ripper. (Z note: This match is a rebooking because of a Bruce Blank request)
Rules: Standard singles match.
Word Limit: 4500
Send To: The Superstar

(Send all promos/marked matches to chirs3)
Edited by realitycheck

Opening promo, right here!

EDIT: Also, if the main event is traditional Lucha rules, tags can be automatically made when one member of a team falls to the floor. If it's not, please ignore me and carry on with your lives as normal. Thank you.

Holy hell, Zed mistook Aecas' first opponent as Austin instead of reading it was Manson~!

Holy HELL, I'm marking that main event~!

Ye cannae break me, Zeddybuck~!

Edited by janusd

Nah. But thanks for the invitation. :)

I'm not gonna screw Zyon and Akira over just because *I* don't want to be in a four-way... But that doesn't mean I won't bitch about it...

Can 13th Hour be in Switzerland... ya know, because of all the clocks? An entranceway set up like the opening scene in BTTF would rock.

Also...I no-showed the vodka match, mainly because of a tough work week. I won't be no-showing this.

Also in Lucha Rules: the match is won by eliminating the other team's two non-captains, or eliminating the captain. Piledrivers in any form are illegal.

The road agents will create makeshift corridors by standing on ladders and holding sheets over walking superstars.

Hm. I wish I had known about the captain/teammate elimination rules beforehand, or I could've come up with a more preferable, if slightly convulted, title shot stipulation.

If you guys don't mind me changing it this late, let me know, I'll try to make something better.

-Z

How about if Spike/Manson/JJJ win, Stryke gets a title shot, while if WC/Akira/Zyon win, Stryke gets a title shot. Nice and uncomplicated, everybody wins.

I can't believe we missed the perfectly obvious opportunity of having us referee the main event. I mean, we're heel AND face referees at once! It's genius!

Oh yeah, and Aecas was JL Champ for a little while, and I believe there was a good two week span where there were constantly booked "Swimming Pool" Matches, or something, that nobody was showing for. I think he ended up losing it to Todd Royal on the same show I beat Maddix for the Euro Title, but I could be wrong there.

EDIT: A quick check of the JL title histories confirms... 11/23/03 ...probably one of (if not the only) day in JL history where every title changed hands (though with only two belts at the time, that isn't saying much.

"Live" is a rather fluid term. Let's just assume it takes place early evening there.