TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Playoffs 2006: Conference Semifinals

Guest Smues
When was the last time a road team won a game 7?? When was the last time a road team won a game 7 in overtime? Has a number 1 seed ever lost a game 7 at home? Goodbye Boring Duncan and Homo Parker and Ginoboli.

Detroit beat #1 Miami last year in game 7 in Miami. As for OT I dunno. Western Finals in 02 are all that comes to mind.

Exel and Horry for sure. Horry has other stuff to tend to that is more important than basketball.

Wow. A revelation hit me.

DaSagna Diop is not the most worthless high school to pros player ever.

Who was that guy that was drafted in 99 or 00 that had depression/attitude problems. I think he is the most worthless.

Leon Smith.

EDIT X2 - Okay fine, I'll take it back...

Look up.

How many people retire from this Spurs team, and how many do they keep?

To retire: Exel, Finley, Horry? Any more?

Finley is going to retire? Seemed to be like he has a season or two left in him. Van Exel might go, Horry should go because he really has nothing left to prove and I can't think of anyone else either.

Spurs will be back next season.

The beauty of the Suns is while they may have an early 8-10 point lead, because their team defense is poor, you are always still in the game if you can make runs and the Clips can make runs.

Diop actually got a clutch series clinching rebound, calling him the black Bradley is an insult to Diop.

Not to me, I thought Bradley was effective when he wanted to be. I like Diop, I liked Bradley, therefore it's not an insult.

Not only would that ball have gone right through Bradley's hands, he also would have then fouled Parker or Ginobili leading to a critical 3 point play down the stretch. He was about as useless as one can be when standing 7'6 in a game where the rim is only 2'6 above his head.

Raja Bell needs to be suspended again, he's going to kill someone if the Suns get to the NBA Finals.

Guest NYankees

When was the last time a road team won a game 7?? When was the last time a road team won a game 7 in overtime? Has a number 1 seed ever lost a game 7 at home?

Go eat a dick.

:gas:

I am a knicks fan so no need to get angry with me. I have felt your pain plenty of times. Especially game 7 at home in the 1995 semi's against the Pacers. Ewing missed a fingerroll at the end of the game.

Guest NYankees
The beauty of the Suns is while they may have an early 8-10 point lead, because their team defense is poor, you are always still in the game if you can make runs and the Clips can make runs.

Very True!!!!!

It's a tied game now.

That was a terrible non-flagrant call.

Had Ron Artest done that he'd have been tossed, suspended for the rest of the postseason, the entire preseason and 3 games into next year.

When was the last time a road team won a game 7?? When was the last time a road team won a game 7 in overtime? Has a number 1 seed ever lost a game 7 at home?

Go eat a dick.

I am a knicks fan so no need to get angry with me. I have felt your pain plenty of times. Especially game 7 at home in the 1995 semi's against the Pacers. Ewing missed a fingerroll at the end of the game.

Alright, I take it back; I just don't like being reminded of that series, is all, and every playoffs ABC and TNT make sure to roll that shot from Game 4... They'll probably continue to replay it until well after Horry retires...

:angry:

That wasn't a flagrant, you guys. Livingston was totally out of control, all Bell did was swipe at the ball.

Go eat a dick.

Alright, I take it back; I just don't like being reminded of that series, is all, and every playoffs ABC and TNT make sure to roll that shot from Game 4... They'll probably continue to replay it until well after Horry retires...

:angry:

They need to replay 0.4 more.

When was the last time a road team won a game 7?? When was the last time a road team won a game 7 in overtime? Has a number 1 seed ever lost a game 7 at home? Goodbye Boring Duncan and Homo Parker and Ginoboli.

:throwup: I swear this will haunt me the rest of my life until they actually win a championship.

Look up.

How many people retire from this Spurs team, and how many do they keep?

To retire: Exel, Finley, Horry? Any more?

Finley is going to retire? Seemed to be like he has a season or two left in him. Van Exel might go, Horry should go because he really has nothing left to prove and I can't think of anyone else either.

Spurs will be back next season.

Those were all just guesses... except I think I heard an announcer say Exel was going to go. The Spurs will be fine next year anyways... they'll probably get Peja or someone for the cost of a dollar and be back. They just don't win back-to-back titles though.

Thank god the Mavs won. I really thought they were going to piss it away. And what was up with that foul at the end at gave the Spurs a free point. Kind of fishy.

Nah, it was the right call. I was pissed the Mavs would do something that stupid on an inbounds play. But thank goodness they made up for it with some solid D at the end.

... they'll probably get Peja or someone for the cost of a dollar and be back. They just don't win back-to-back titles though.
Good god, anybody but BP; that's my third least-favorite player in the whole league, and if he wins a title before Webber, I'll fucking be sick.

I don't even know why I am watching this game, it doesn't matter to me who wins, I'd be content with either team. I don't think I should stay up til 2 am because of two teams I'm not devoted to are playing a game 7. Won't I get the same feeling when I wake up and see the score, as I would if I was up at 2 am to witness one of the teams pull ahead by 15 with 3 to go?

That being said, I'm getting some energy beverages and taking it all in.

This is nothing but jumpers. I used to like watching this, but now I find it quite boring.

I think with the Spurs, everybody thought Oberto was going to be a pretty big factor for the Spurs this year, leading towards the repeat. While it is good to have Horry, Van Exel, & Finley off the bench, the bottom line is that you need some youth too. I also think the Spurs should have used Mohammed more. I know he couldn't guard many of Dallas's lineup on D, but what happened to imposing your will on other teams?

I got distracted from posting for a while (WOO HOO, Mavs are in the Finals!), but I just want to say that Dallas played a perfect game there and they needed it. It's almost miraculous that they were able to win Game 7 on the road despite San Antonio getting every single call possible. That was about as impressive of a clutch performance as you could come up with by Nowitzki, Terry and the entire team.

Iggy, I wanted Dallas to win, I thought the refs were screwing them over most of the game, but it is really IGNORANT to say they played a perfect game. Did you watch the last 6 minutes? They were playing afraid to lose, they were lucky to get it to OT.

That was just a great game by two evenly matched teams. I do kinda like the fact that the myth of the Spurs being a good defensive team got exposed in this series though.

I was mostly suprised by the amount of bitching that Duncan was doing in this series. I mean he went to Rasheed/Iverson/Kobe levels of complaining about every single call against him or everytime he touched the ball. Jesus dude...play some ball.

I want to say that If I turn away now and go to sleep, that I won't be surprised when I wake up and find out that LAC came back. That is why you can't always leave a Suns game early, you just never know.

I want to say that If I turn away now and go to sleep, that I won't be surprised when I wake up and find out that LAC came back. That is why you can't always leave a Suns game early, you just never know.

If they win, that Mavs-Suns series is going to make the NBA Finals look so secondary. Those two teams will run the life out of each other.

Yeaaaaahhhh....its about that time to go to bed.

Ripper- hoping he didn't just jinx his team