TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

The Official "52" Thread

Skeets is more powerful than anything we’ve ever seen in the DC Universe before,” says Waid. The secret behind Skeets’ powers won’t be revealed until the finale in May 2’s #52, but savvy readers may be able to find out the answer early. “The clues have all been there,” Waid says.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.....;/003700304.cfm

Week 43 Recap

Week 43, Day 1

Osiris and Sobek journey to the entrance of the Rock of Eternity in Kahndaq where Black Adam and Isis had previously entered. On the way Sobek is concerned that he did not bring along enough snacks to which Osiris replies “You and your bottomless Stomach…” Upon reaching the statue Osiris does not know how to enter the Rock and which Sobek suggests that “Maybe you need to say the magic Word”? “Like what?” Sh-Sh-“

Osiris says “Shazam?” to which the door opens.

Osiris and Sobek make their way down the stairs and are met by the Marvel Family. Captain Marvel Jr. asks Osiris about his killing of the Persuader at which he admits to having killed the villain. Upon telling Osiris that "he does not like it here", Sobek is told that "this is my only hope". Captain Marvel tells Osiris that he let him enter the Rock because the Sins did not want him to because they know he has a good soul. Cap asks Osiris what it is he can do for him.

Captain Marvel: What can I do?

Osiris: The powers you share have made you into a family. Mine have only poisoned ours. I beg you to rid of this curse. I beg you to take away my powers.

Black Adam: Your powers were a gift. They were not a curse.

Black Adam and Isis arrive at the Rock and query as to how Osiris could leave Kahndaq when he is needed. Osiris tells them that “Kahndaq is suffering because of you. I am suffering because of you” to which Osiris hits Black Adam knocking him to one of the Sins. Adam gets up and starts to go for Osiris but is held back by the Marvel Family. Captain Marvel tells Adam that “you fight us and I’ll banish you to the Rock of Finality”.

52wk43-1.gif

Osiris yells at Adam again telling him that he is cursed. Captain Marvel Jr. goes to Osiris to get him to calm down as Isis approaches him from the back. Osiris in response throws his arms up telling them to let him go, which knocks Captain Marvel Jr. back and Isis down. Osiris goes to see if Isis is okay, which she says that she is not because of all the suffering going on in Kahndaq while they are all fighting and asks Osiris not to turn his back on his family.

Black Adam: Osiris, I know it is hard to accept what happened. It is hard to live with what you have done. But you have more than taken responsibility for it. And it was you who showed me how to do that. You who urged me to move on and make myself a better man. Now we are asking you to do the same…my brother.

Osiris: I’ll try.

Week 43, Day 4

Buddy is hooked up to a machine by the 2 Yellow Aliens.

Alien 1: Morphogenetic graft reset accomplished. Reassembly for template imminent. Reset personality parameters: Subset goals, motivations, fears, desires.

Alien 2: Reinsert subject into the Continuum

Buddy wakes up on the same asteroid he was left on.

Buddy: NO. Don’t send me back. Don’t leave me here! My supersenses don’t reach to the next planet…I…I can’t breathe…I’m about to lose the space dolphin powers I sampled…

One of the Aliens points out into space.

Buddy: Where? What? There’s nothing out there! There’s nothing alive I can use. Uhh…god..What do I do? Fuhh..uhhh…Seconds…you have seconds to live Buddy…unless you find an animal power out there somewhere…fnnnnn—one…One. Last. Shot.

Buddy looks at a picture of his family and extends his powers to make contact with and use the powers of…

Buddy: Sun-Eaters. Ha. Migration maps. Homing abilities. Oh yes…

52wk43-2.gif

Space: On a ship with a number of no activated zombies a pregnant purple alien is walking around when her stomach starts to hurt and stretch out. She continues to writhe in pain and the zombies wake up. The alien falls back and out bursts Lady Styx.

52wk43-3.gif

Week 43, Day 5

Kahndaq: It’s nighttime and outside the palace a truck is being loaded with more bodies as while Osiris looks on and is approached by Sobek.

Sobek: Osiris? What are you doing up here? I thought you were meeting Black Adam and Isis. They’re going to dig a new river through town. They keep drying up, but…

Osiris: I’m not going. I’m leaving Kahndaq.

Sobek: What? What about what you said? At the Rock of Eternity?

Osiris: I said what they wanted to here. That’s all. Adam may be able to live with what he did but I can’t. As long as I have these powers I need to be far away from anyone.

Sobek: But that’s it Osiris. You can rid yourself of your powers. You can speak Black Adam’s name and rid yourself of the curse. But them oh, Osiris…you will not be able to walk.

Osiris: That’s it, Sobek. That must be my penance. Maybe then Kahndaq will be free from death and disease and hunger.

Sobek: Say it my friend.

Osiris: Step back. BLACK ADAM!

And with a flash Osiris is back in his human form.

Osiris: The Gods…Adam’s gods…they’re gone. I don’t hear the voices anymore. You’re right again Sobek! Perhaps my life will return to normal now. Perhaps I will be happy again and all Kahndaq will be as well. Sobek?

Sobek’s eyes begin to glow and then he takes a big bite out of Osiris’s stomach.

52wk43-4.jpg

Osiris starts to call out Black Adam’s name but is stopped by Sobek biting him again and again.

52wk43-5.gif

A bloody Sobek raises his head “I’m not so hungry anymore”.

52_Cv44_ds.jpg

52__44_p9.jpg

52__44_p10.jpg

52__44_p11.jpg

A little off topic but here is the AWESOME cover to Justice League of America #7

JLA07_CVR.jpg

Great cover, but the actual stars of the book are the guys in the back row, unfortunately.

A little off topic but here is the AWESOME cover to Justice League of America #7

JLA07_CVR.jpg

Great cover, but the actual stars of the book are the guys in the back row, unfortunately.

Well the other set each have their own books...

Not to mention, it's still in the first few issues, and is best served introducing the characters we don't already know back and forth.

Not to mention, it's still in the first few issues, and is best served introducing the characters we don't already know back and forth.

Hawkgirl has her own book. The other four are C-list characters.

So they should only focus on the A-list characters? Rather then the C, raising them to B, and eventually A, if you get what I mean. (And I'm mainly referring to Roy as I'm just a fan of him >_>)

Point is, if they never focus on the C-list characters, that's all they'll ever be...and I guess technically you could only focus on the same few characters forever, but character development is just so much fun.

So they should only focus on the A-list characters? Rather then the C, raising them to B, and eventually A, if you get what I mean. (And I'm mainly referring to Roy as I'm just a fan of him >_>)

Point is, if they never focus on the C-list characters, that's all they'll ever be...and I guess technically you could only focus on the same few characters forever, but character development is just so much fun.

The problem is that these are really, really old C-list characters who've already had multiple chances to get over. Red Arrow/Arsenal/Speedy has been around since...? Not counting Hawkgirl (who is the reincarnation of Shiera Sanders, a character from 1941) I think the newest character on that cover is Vixen, who has been around for over 25 years. If they want to push new characters, how about some new characters who are actually new? Or even new characters who have assumed old identities, like they do in JSA or they did with Kyle Rayner in the 1990s? Like maybe the new Firestorm, Flash, Aquaman or Atom? What was great about the last incarnation of the JLA was that it made the team the A-list club, and a must-read comic.

When's the most recent character that was created that was really, marketably successful? Probably Wolverine. Created 5 years before I was even born. Just putting it out there. Since then? Constantine, maybe, and a lot of revamps. Just Saying.

Week 44 Recap:

Week 44, Day 1

Kahndaq: While flying above Kahndaq, Isis is mention to Black Adam about how here powers have been affect, “As soon as I ask the clouds to form…they dissipate…” Black Adam tells Isis that they “will journey to the Rock of Eternity tomorrow” and is then struck by lightning knocking him to the ground.

Adam: I feel…stronger. They have returned to me.

Isis: What has?

Adam: The powers of Osiris. Something is wrong.

Both Adam and Isis return back home to find the remains of Amon on the palace grounds. Isis is upset and runs toward the body but is held back by Adam. Adam takes off his cape and covers the body of Amon/Osiris. Adam returns to Isis who is starts crying on his shoulder…

Isis: Why did he change? Why did he change back?

Sobek: Osiris believed his powers were the cause of Kahndaq’s misery. What a fool.

Isis: Sobek?

Sobek: For all he tried to do to sweeten his soul, his flesh tasted like rotting chicken. He was stringy. He’s still stuck between my teeth.

Isis: It was you Sobek? How could you?

Sobek: I was so awfully hungry. I’m always hungry and only the flesh of a Marvel can satisfy me. That’s the way they made me. I am not only Sobek the Crocodile Man—I am Yurrd the Unknown. I am Famine.

Sobek explains that he was sent to the Sivana House before they arrived and infiltrated their family by posing as a confused and scared talking animal.

Isis: We treated you like family. We loved you.

Sobek: What does a reptile need love for? My blood is cold! Intergang offered you everything they could for safe passage through Kahndaq. You said no. And now you and your family are a threat to Intergang’s ever growing Religion of Crime. That is why we were brought here.

Adam: We?

Sobek: Me and my siblings, War, Pestilence and Death. Some call us the “Monster Society” but we are the “Four Ages of Dread of Apokolips in its Anguished Bloody Morning”. Our influence over the last several weeks is the true cause of Kahndaq’s misery and it will be the cause of yours.

Death, War and Pestilence arrive at the palace. Adam goes after Death and grabs hold of his scythe causing both to tumble down to the palace roof and through it causing Isis and Sobek to fall down with them. Sobek then goes after Adam. Adam grabs Sobek by the top and bottom jaw and forces it wide open killing him. Adam them goes after War and starts to get beat down. Meanwhile Pestilence arrives down on the floor and goes after Isis. Isis is able to keep Pestilence at bay with vine and wind when Death returns.

WAR: You have been marked by the stare of Aszrauez the Silent King. He has chosen you both for death and you will suffer through it.

War grabs Adam by the head and throws him into a statue of a lady knocking her head off. Adam is grabbed and forced to the ground before being picked up and knocked through the two statues of the boys that are behind the statue if the lady.

During this Pestilence comes up behind Isis and sprays her with his poison which immediately starts to take affect. Death reaches down and grabs Isis by the hair and places his scythe to her neck.

War starts to reach down for Adam…

War: Will you beg for your life as well?

Adam: No. Will you? A being who embodies all the War in the World does not impress me.

Adam punches his way into War’s chest and pulls out his wiring and then rips off one of War’s arms and blows Pestilence’s head off. Death quickly turns his attention towards Adam and grabs him by the face. Isis takes notice and creates a volcanic blast underneath Death to save Adam.

Isis: Earth…bring forth your lava…send Death into the sky…send him away from my husband…

Adam: You have done it Isis. Death flees.

Isis: All we tried to do…my brother tried to do.

Adam: I will take you to the Rock of Eternity. Billy will be able to--

Isis: I see it now. Why your way…kept Kahndaq and its people safe.

Adam: Do not give up hope. You taught me never to give up --

Isis: I was wrong.

Adam: I believed in you.

Isis: I was wrong, Adam…it was never you that needed redemption. It was the rest of the world. The world of men that made such horrible creatures. The evil needs to die. I thought we could be above them but for the pain they have put our family through…avenge us.

Adam is struck again by lightning and Isis is transformed back into Adrianna as it starts to rain. Adam looks up at the sky and then looks angry.

Nanda Parbat: The rose that Isis gave Renee suddenly dies and turns to dust in Renee’s hand. Renee looks towards Tot and Richard Dragon.

Renee: She’s dead. Isis is dead. Whatever happened…it can’t be good. Adam and Osiris…what will they do, now? How will they cope?

Tot: Find out.

Renee: What?

Richard: Go and find out. There are a lot of answers to be found in Nanda Parbat, no question about it. None of them are going to satisfy you, not one of them is the one you’re looking for.

Tot informs Renee that he has treated here clothes with the same treatment as used for the coat and hat.

Richard: You’re going to find, like Sage did, that some questions can only be answered by wearing a mask. Just as there are some that can only be asked when you remove one. So start in Kahndaq and see where it leads you.

Richard places Charlie’s hat on Renee and she starts to cry.

52-Cv45-ds_t.jpg

5245p1.jpg

5245p2.jpg

5245p3.jpg

52-45.p8_t.jpg

52-45.p9_t.jpg

52-45.p12_t.jpg

The problem is that these are really, really old C-list characters who've already had multiple chances to get over. Red Arrow/Arsenal/Speedy has been around since...? Not counting Hawkgirl (who is the reincarnation of Shiera Sanders, a character from 1941) I think the newest character on that cover is Vixen, who has been around for over 25 years. If they want to push new characters, how about some new characters who are actually new? Or even new characters who have assumed old identities, like they do in JSA or they did with Kyle Rayner in the 1990s? Like maybe the new Firestorm, Flash, Aquaman or Atom? What was great about the last incarnation of the JLA was that it made the team the A-list club, and a must-read comic.

While I do agree with you about the new characters, it just so much more logical for the old C listers to get booted up...eventually, while the new guys stay that, 'The new guys'. Especially for something like the Justice League. I mean, to this day, Kyle Rayner is still my favorite Hero of all, but take a moment to look at this in "kayfabe" for example.

For the Justice League in paticular, would you rather have Jaime Reyes (The new Blue Beetle)..who is obviously more powerful, or Roy (Red Arrow/Arsenal) who even with all his problems has been there from the beginning, has been consistently loyal to the 'good guys', and for lack of a better term, has proven that he's a hero.

Rather then just "filling a spot" Sort of how they did when Kyle joined the JLa..even though in the end that all worked out obviously, but I've just always looked at the JLA as something 'earned' So yea, while it might be...I guess cooler, to have just the 'Powerhouses' and some new guys on the team, I think in the DCU it makes more sense and in the end makes the JLA look better, to have people who've been working at this for a while (whether they've been C-listers or not) eventually joining the team, then just "Hey, youre powerful, welcome to the JLA."

Did Vixen and Black Lightning earn their spots? How...by being in the Detroit JLA and on Pres. Luthor's cabinet? And Red Tornado is kind of the catalyst that brought this storyline together, and I'm not a fan of that character being in this JLA, but at least he has a long history with the team.

As a Dick Grayson fan, I wish I knew what was going on in that Robin pic.

At least I thought it was Grayson at first because of the Nightwing costume, but I think it's Jason Todd, as I see what I think is the Red Hood helmet in his other hand...although it's not really shaped like it. (Plus the whole Todd is Nightwing storyline to start of OYL) Pretty cool nonethless.

I like the Starfield Wonder Woman/Donna.

PRetty great covers all around, with Troy/WW, Robin, and Black Adam being standouts.

Question: Who's tiger guy? And I just have no idea what's going on in the very bottom-right panel. Sorta has an egyptian theme, BA's enforcers?

Overall, I gotta say, Black Adam has been getting almost universal love from comic fans,(myself most definitely included) and is by far the most well-developed character in 52. And I'm pleased to see personal favorites Dibney, Booster, and Animal Man getting time.

Another question: Have we heard anything from Booster and Skeets after the big reveal issue? Is Ralph now presumes dead? I bought all of 52 up to the Booster reveal, and have just picked up a few every here and there since. Great series or not, it's an investment. Especially since i was trying to follow crummy Civil War.

The "Tiger Guy" is Bronze Tiger, top-class martial artist. He's a perennial Suicide Squad member (Appearing in a recent Checkmate comic to save Rick Flagg from some God-forsaken foreign prison), has beaten Batman one-on-one, trained Cassandra Cain, and is a close friend of Richard Dragon (The top martial artist in DC). Actually, if you look at the screen Waller shows Atom Smasher for him to choose his team from, he's actually on it in the middle. Him being on one of the covers probably means Waller is making a move during World War III.

Oh, and that isn't Dick Grayson. That's Jason Todd. That must be where he got the Nightwing uniform that he had One Year Later, and you can see him also holding his Red Hood helmet. If you hadn't heard,

Didio revealed (by accident) that he's the guy in the Red Robin picture, and also that Barry Allen is the Flash in the picture.

Week 45 recap

Week 45, Day 3

Shiruta, Kahndaq:

Black Adam and Captain Marvel carry the casket of Isis/Adrianna through the streets of Shiruta in the pouring rain while Mary Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr carry the casket of Osiris/Amon while the public looks on in sadness, Renee Montoya being one of them. Captain Marvel places his hand on Adam’s shoulder to console him but his hand is brushed away. Adam and the Marvels part way each flying off in a different direction.

Renee later meets up with Adam at the palace where she informs Adam that Sage is dead and that she came to see if there was anything that she could do.

Renee: I know about guilt and self-loathing at being the one who survived. I know rage at not having been able to prevent what happened. And I know the shame that comes from believing you’ve failed those most important to you…

***Adam quickly grabs Renee by the face***

Adam: You have always presumed too much. Now you presume a friendship that does not exist.

Renee: Isis was my friend.

Adam: And it is in her memory that I will allow you to leave here alive. I do not require your help, and I do not want your pity. Look to your own affairs, and leave me to attend mine. The last of the Four Horsemen who murdered my wife and brother fled to Bialya and was given aid and comfort by the government. A government bought by Intergang, much as they tried to buy their way into Kahndaq. But Intergang has other targets. Don’t they? Isn’t it time you went home, Renee Montoya?

***And Adam flies out the window into the rain leaving Renee alone.

Week 45, Day 4

Bialya: The President of Bialya is upset and the betrayal of Mannheim in regards to Death showing up in his country knowing that Black Adam will soon follow.

President: The Oolong Complex is refusing all incoming communications. They appear to be in Lockdown.

Mannheim: Then it looks like we’ve both got problems to deal with.

Me, well, I got a double-agent at the Oolong Complex…and you…the funeral in Kahndaq just ended so…

President: --then Black Adam is on his way here! You must help! My army won’t be enough—

Mannheim: That’s what I’m trying to say El Presidento. Nice knowin’ ya.

Adam then breaks threw the wall and grabs the President.

President: The Four Horsemen did not come from Bialya! I beg you for mercy!

Adam: This is mercy. It will be quick.

Adam then knocks the President’s head off and breaks threw another wall while the President’s guards fire at him. Adam then starts smashing tanks and flattening the army with tanks

Washington D.C:

Adam’s actions in Bialya are starting to be noticed as the President of the US is being informed:

Secretary Trevor: The images positively confirm Black Adam’s presence in-country, but whether he’s responsible—

Army Dude: Mr. President! The Chinese have their military and super-functionaries on high alert, half the Middle East are mobilizing troops—

President: I want our embassy closed. All American personnel are to be evacuated immediately. What are our options for containment?

Sasha: Containment? Are they out of their minds?

Mr. Terrific: We’re told that the Security Council will have a further decision within the hour.

Sasha: There won’t be a Bialya in an hour.

Alan/Green Lantern: Believe me Sasha we know that better than anyone.

***Look there is Sasha on the left, Mr. Terrific in the middle and Alan Scott on the right in panel five and Sasha on the left, Fire in the middle and Alan Scott turning into Green Lantern on the right***

Belle Reve:

Waller tells Atom Smasher that the Suicide Squad needs to be 100 strong if they have any chance against Black Adam. Atom tells her that he will not be a part of it but he will go after Black Adam.

Waller: You can’t just leave. You’re still an inmate of Belle Reve.

Atom Smasher: You’re going to give me that pardon you gave Boomerang or I’m going to let Alan Scott and Checkmate in on your “new” Suicide Squad.

Waller: You idiot! You can’t possibly do this alone.

Atom Smasher: I’m not going to.

Week 45, Day 5

Bialya: Adam continues to tear up the country looking for Death. Upon the carnage he notices a flower in a puddle of blood and picks it up and starts to cry. Adam is then hit in the head with a brick and a bottle from an angry crowd and remembers Isis’ request to “avenger us”. Adam smashes the flower and flies towards the crowd yelling “Where is the Horseman? Where is Death?”

Week 45, Day 6

The Great Wall of China: The Great Ten are called together in regards to the Black Adam situation in Bialya.

General-In-Iron: …he reduced an entire sovereign nation to ashes over a thirty-six hour period. The first reports suggest casualties in the millions. AS of now, we must be alert for any unexpected development which may threaten the security of our nation and it’s people.

Accomplished Perfect Physician: Unexpected. His family has been murdered, August General-In-Iron. We know how volatile he is and yet he’s been provoked intentionally.

It is also mentioned that Chinese Government intended for Black Adam to die.

After further discussion General-In-Iron tells the group that we must “prepare ourselves for a battle like no other in history."

Bialya: Black Adam continues to smash down walls looking for death in an already torn down and burning city. Adam hears the “kaw” of bird and looks up to see Death

Death informs Adam that he has grown stronger due to the death of all the men, women and child. Adam is then knocked back to the ground and then sliced across the chest by Death. Just as Death is about to make his killing blow, Adam punches the scythe, breaking it off in is hand and then running it threw Death while saying saying " I am here to tell you..you are Death no longer. I am". Adam quickly grabs Death around the neck and yells “Shazam” sending the lightning bolt threw death and turning him human. Adam yells “Shazam” once more turning back into his Black Adam form and sending another bolt threw Death. Black Adam picks up a fallen pillar, ramming it threw Death’s back and then grabs Death by the top of his head and starts squeezing his fingers into Death’s scalp.

Adam: Now, Monster. You are going to answer every question I ask. You are going to tell me where you came from. You are going to tell me who sent you. And them almighty “Death” I am going to spend the rest of the night slowly ending your life.

Week 45, Day 7

Oolong Island: News reports of Black Adam’s rampage are being watched by the scientists.

Sivana: I told you so.

Dr. Cale: Think what he’ll do to us! Well? What happens when he finds out who sent the Four Horsemen into Kahndaq, you tell me that.

Sivana: Ha! Don’t you think he already knows? You think he won’t make the Four Horsemen tell him everything about us…

***the alarms start going off on the Island***

Sivana: What did I say? Oh, I’ve been waiting for this a long, long time. The Black Marvel himself, at my mercy. Stations Gentlemen!

***The island goes on red alert***

52-Cv46.jpg

52-46.p1.jpg

52-46.p10.jpg

Comments from the Editor: It’s Black Adam vs the Mad Scientists of Oolong Island, and it’s gonna be good! Plus, we get a visit from Clark Kent and the JSA, and the Origin of Batman from Andy Kubert! You don’t want to miss next week, gang.

But in case you want a little more, let me leave you with these parting words: “We thought you died, you murdering waste of carbon!” Huh. Guess someone’s back from the dead next week. Until next week, “try to enjoy the daylight.”

Geoff Johns on the new Booster Gold Series

“I won't say much right now, but I loved writing Booster Gold in 52,†wrote Johns, “Absolutely loved him. Especially in 52 - week 52, where he's extremely prominent. Dan Jurgens created a brilliant character way ahead of his time. So I had ideas for a Booster Gold book. In the same vein as the Power Girl arc in JSA: Classified and Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. or Quantum Leap and Doctor Who. We need more time travel!! And the idea made Booster Gold the link between 52 and Countdown. The first arc is called "52 Pick-Up!" and deals with the ramifications of the ending of 52. What new things appear, how and why, etc.

“So who's Jeff Katz? Do a quick Google search and you'll see. He wrote for Image Comics and he's a film producer and executive. His background speaks for himself. I met him in L.A. Jeff's mom and mine knew each other in Detroit before we were even born. His instincts are great. His humor is contagious. He loves the DC Universe as much as I do. And Jeff's favorite character is Booster Gold. Ever since the >b>Justice League International days. So against all of Dan Didio's wishes, we're giving a JLI member their own monthly book.

“What else can I say? A bar fight with Jonah Hex, the world's greatest Green Lantern Guy Gardner's first day on the job, the Justice League International, Rip Hunter, a last page that will rival Justice Society of America’s and...Supernova?

“I co-wrote the proposal with Jeff Katz and am co-writing for at least the first few issues, but this will really be Jeff's book.

“And I can't say more about Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund. We wouldn't have a Booster Gold without Dan and Norm is the icing on the cake. More from all of us next week!!â€

Also Peter Milligan will be writing an Infinity Inc. series with Steel as leader of the group

June Solicitation for Countdown

CTDW_Cv47_solicit.jpg

COUNTDOWN #47-44

Story by Paul Dini

47 written by Sean McKeever; art by Al Barrionuevo

46 written by Jimmy Palmiotti& Justin Gray; art by Jesus Saiz

45 written by Tony Bedard; art by Jim Calafiore

44 written by Adam Beechen; art by Carlos Magno

Breakdowns by Keith Giffen

Covers by Ed Benes

This year-long weekly series featuring a cast of hundreds kicks into high gear in its second month, under the watchful eye of head writer Paul Dini! See Mary Marvel undergo a surprising transformation! Learn why Donna Troy and Jason Todd are integral players in a cosmic chess game! And see Jimmy Olsen as you’ve never seen him before!

Week 46 recap

Week 46, Day 1

Oolong Island: While Black Adam approaches the Island all of the Scientist appear to be panicking except for Dr. Morrow who is more concerned with an Online Auction to get Red Tornado back and Sivana who is sitting back and enjoying everything. Dr. Mortis is the first one to throw a defense up by unleashing his Super-Hood Mark 2 android upon Black Adam outside of the island. The android rises out of the ocean and covers Adam with a super flammable liquid plastic and then breaths fire on him. Meanwhile, Baron Bug then runs to a control panel and let’s loose his Insectrons. While still on fire Adam rips an arm off of the Supper-Hood and throws it out into the ocean just before getting attacked by the Insectrons which gather around him. Adam falls into the ocean where he his attacked underwater by a robotic scorpion. Adam easily beats the scorpion and heads for land.

Dr. Cale: Black Adam killed Death, the Pale Horseman! What does that make him? The forces of evil are gathering, don’t you understand? The final crisis is coming. Servants of Death and Despair. Apostles of Anti-Life. Their goal is eternal slavery and the destruction of human free will. Oh, Will—Doesn’t that turn you on?

Dr. Cale rips off her lab coat and jumps on Will, knocking him into a corridor.

As Adam emerges from the water the scientists are still panicking. Mr. Quimby tells them that as long as the blast door remain shut they will be perfectly safe. Just then the doors are open by Dr. Cale who walks outside in her skirt and bra, carrying a gun. Cale seeing Adam approaching and tells him that it was her that made the things that killed his family. Adam just rushes by ignoring her. Cale drops the gun and walks away.

Mr. Quimby does what he can to rally the troops against Adam while an upset looking Morrow continues to watch the online auction. Adam punches threw a wall as is attacked first by Dr. Cyclops who shoots him in the face with a black beam that temporarily blinds Adam. Adam is then shot with a beam from a large gun used by Dr. Tyme. Morrow turns in his chair towards the battle coming his way.

Morrow: Ahem. Somewhere around the 26th century, people will learn how to unfold dimensions of space, gentlemen. I invented Tesseract Technology when I was fifteen. When I use this device, an area the size of a football field will attempt to open up inside that invulnerable brain of him. It takes a lot of power for a split second but that’s all we need. Now if you don’t mind the bidding’s closing out.

Morrow points a device at Adam, which causes Adam to grab his head and fall to the ground. While down the scientists slip on a Neuro Crown, which reroutes all the electrical impulses Black Adam’s brain sends to his body, to keep him under control.

Sivana: Bring him to my laboratory. Heat up the acid baths. I’ve been making plans for this moment for a very, very long time…

Morrow: YES! YES!

Dr. Tyme: Why are you always so smug Morrow?

Morrow: Oh, I don’t know…I bet until he mentioned it, you never thought of me going up against the whole Justice League on my own all those times, eh? You think I’m just some old rogue who sits sipping cocktails. What do you know? And now the secrets of the cosmos locked inside that android head are mine. Ha! For $14,000 dollars plus shipping! I’ll say it if no one else will…feel free to cackle hysterically gentlemen!

Week 46, Day 3

Metropolis: Luthor is being lead out of the Lexcorps Building in handcuffs by a police officer and Natasha in her new Steel costume. While watching behind the police barricades, Clark Kent notices something odd and yells for Steel and the police chief to follow him as he leaves the barricade and enters the building. Kent leads them up the stairs and to a lead door.

Kent: Here! Behind this lead door—I guarantee it!

Police Chief: Guarantee what? Kent, explain yourself!

Steel: I’m on the same page, Chief. Stand back.

Steel uses his hammer to knock the door in to reveal Luthor sitting down, eating a sandwich and watching the monitors. AT the point the “Luthor†downstairs starts to change revealing himself to be Everyman. Natasha takes a step back the with one punch, knocks him out.

Steel: You’re unbelievable Luthor. You hired your pet shape-shifter to take your place so you could duck arrest?

Luthor: I have no idea what you’re talking about Mr. Irons. The arraignment…was that today? Clearly, my lawyers are at fault for miscommunicating.

Week 46, Day 4

Bialya: Green Lantern, Wildcat and Flash are looking for survivors in all the destruction but not even Alan’s power ring can locate any. The three of them discuss how the Justice Society must change to prevent the next generation turn out like the Everyman thugs or Black Adam.

Green Lantern: I can’t help but feel responsible for Black Adam. He was a member of our team and we deserted him.

Flash: Black Adam deserted the JSA, Alan.

Aton Smasher: Jay’s right.

Green Lantern: Atom Smasher?

Atom Smasher: Checkmate brought me to you. I want back on the JSA. I want to help find Black Adam.

Week 47 Preview

52_47_cv.jpg

52_47_14.jpg

52_47_15.jpg

52_47_02.jpg

Quote:Each device tears into the flesh of the city, igniting everything it touches. By dawn, a pit of fire will roar at your city’s heart.”

Did anyone read the first issue of the Jeff Smith Shazam series?

Yep, I read the first two issues, and thought they were some of the best comics I've read in the past few years. He managed to get the original Shazam concept entertaining & fresh without making it seem dated & cheesy, or updating it beyond recognition. It's kid-friendly, but adults can enjoy it too. I would love it if DC gave Smith exclusive use of the Marvel Family, but with Black Adam & Mary Marvel playing big roles in the DCU, I don't see it happening.

Week 47 Recap

Week 47, Day 1

Nanda Parbat: Bruce has entered a cave which is now being blocked with a big rock by a couple of monks. Bruce has entered the cave to perform the Thorgal which is a ritual that takes place over seven days in the dark as is used for spiritual purification. When asked by a monk what he will do, Tim says that he will practice his meditation techniques.

Tim: Just tell me one thing, I mean it’s impossible to think of nothing right?

Monk: No you’re right. Try thing about this instead. There’s a goose inside a bottle. Now how do you get the goose out without injuring it or breaking the bottle?

Week 47, Day 2

Nanda Parbat: Diana and Tim talk about what has gone on and what has happened to Bruce. Tim explains about the ritual Bruce went though in the desert where his demons were cut out and how they came to Nanda Parbat after hearing about the Thorgal. Diana tells Tim that “something vast and grand is happening and it brought us all here”. Bruce is shown in the dark and appears to be going mad.

Gotham City: With a number of Manimals looking on, Whisper performs a sacrificial ceremony from the Crime Bible on a man which does not work. Mannheim says that it is no good and will always fail until they find the Twice-Named Daughter.

Mannheim: …again and again you fail to find her, Brother Abbot. Ever since that one night when you ran from her in terror.

Abbot: Nightwing came to her assistance. I was outnumbered and outfought.

Mannheim: You should have trusted the word to be your strength.

Abbot: This would be the same word that prophesied you killing “the Twice-Named Daughter of Cain” five months ago? We all know how that worked out for you, don’t we Bruno—

Mannheim yells “Blasphemer” and starts to attack Abbot, who changes into his wolfman form. During the fight between Mannheim and Abbot the Crime Bible is knocked onto the floor. Whisper takes notice of a picture in the Bible and realizes that the Twice-Names Daughter of Cain is named Batwoman and Cain when all they had been looking for was the picture of Batwoman.

Mannheim: We find the woman with the name of Cain—

Whisper: Exactly. There can’t be many with both the name and resources and training to become the other. And once we know who the Batwoman really is it will be a simple matter to place her heart in your hand.

Week 47, Day 3

Oolong Island: Black Adam is heard across the island screaming in pain.

Magnus: It’s horrible. I wish he’d stop making those horrible noises. Black Adam. Why can’t Sivana just give him an anesthetic? No wonder I feel so bad. No wonder I’ve made something so horrible again. You know, I keep thinking: If I just activated his responsometer…what would he say?

Magnus clicks a remote and his Plutonium Man comes to life.

Plutonium Man: Crush. Raze. Trample.

Mini-Platinum: Doc! No! Switch it off! Don’t do it Doc.

Mini-Mercury: In the name of sanity, Doc. Switch it off.

Magnus clicks the remote again and turns off the Plutonium Man.

Week 47, Day 4

Space: Buddy powers himself up and starts to fly in space.

Yellow Alien 1: Interesting. Buddy Baker has learned how to power himself like a Sun-Eater.

Yellow Alien 2: Thanks to our upgrading. Soon he’ll realize how to use Space B to return home in an instant. Ah. Here he comes.

Alien drags a finger down causing a rip in space. Buddy flies into the rip and joins the two aliens on a white plan with a grey swirling orb. The aliens tell Buddy that he is on the outer edge of Space B and from there he can travel to any point in space or time in his universe. Buddy says that he just wants to get home to Ellen to make sure that she got though the Crisis. The grey orb reveals Ellen dressed real nice and getting out of a car. Buddy then notices a man’s hand on her shoulder and then booth hands as the man comes up behind Ellen.

Mystery Man: I’m glad you finally put your grief behind you.

Buddy: ELLEN!!!!

Week 47, Day 5

Metropolis: Natasha is out flying in her new armor with Beast Boy in pelican form flying along with her. Beast Boy offers her a place on the Teen Titans and Natasha turns him down. Upon returning from her flight, Natasha says that there are some low-frequency vibrations along the shoulder welds but that she will take care of it since it is her armor and her responsibility. Natasha goes to change and comes back out in a t-shirt and jeans and is given the honors of revealing the new Steelworks sign…

Natasha: Ladies and Gents, boys and girls…Steelworks is now open for business.

Week 47, Day 6

Gotham: Renee enters Kate’s penthouse to find the place trashed and Kate missing. Nightwing appears in the window and tells Renee that “They took her. We’re going to get her back”.

Week 47, Day 7

Nanda Parbat: Diana is in the temple of Rama Kushna…

Diana: …I came among men to spread the message of peace and found only violence, death and confusion. I was a healer, a scientist, an ambassador…Rama Kushna, what have I become?

Rama; Diana of Amazonia, beloved of Gods. Of purest purpose. You who sought to teach. When did you ever know guilt before this? Or doubt or regret? Or what it is to fail. When did you, in all your perfection, ever share the pains mortals feel each day of their lives? Until now. Welcome to the world, Wonder Woman. Here is wisdom.

Tim is still sitting outside when he is approached by the same monk he spoke with earlier.

Tim: He should have come out by now, shouldn’t he?

Monk: Yes. I shall alert the Lama.

Tim: I tried to think about the goose and all that but it just got weird. I kept thinking about how that situation could ever arise and then I realized something…there’s only a goose in a bottle because you said so.

Monk: You are correct: the goose and its bottle are only words. See? The goose is free.

Bruce immerges from the cave with a big smile on his face.

52Cv48.jpg

5248.p1.jpg

5248.p2.jpg

5248.p3.jpg