TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

NBA Offseason Thread

-Lakers are ready to move Andew Bynum, but there isn't much interest in him because no one is sure what he can do

They are so fucking inept. Unless you're getting a franchise type in a package, don't deal him.

Bynum as part of a package to get one is the only way he should be traded. I didn't word that correctly.

50% of JO is better than 100% of Eddy Curry. A legit franchise player is better than the collection of spare parts the Knicks have. Isiah doesn't think big picture and the Knicks continue to suffer for it.

JO has played less than 100 games these past two years. I know he's good, but he's breaking down, and he has a contract as big, if not bigger than Marbury's. As soon as he gets hurt, which won't be a surprise, you'd blast Isiah for taking on an injury-risk with such a big contract.

No I wouldn't, because JO would get 20-25 & 10 while he's healthy and he plays defense something the Knicks haven't had from a big man since the days of Ewing. Getting undersized combo guards for the same price when you already have four is worthy of being blasted over. The Knicks still don't have a legitimate center, point guard or power forward. We do however have the market cornered on no defense playing, no rebounding, shoot first combo guards and guard/forwards.

Yes, trade a number 1 or number 2 pick for a guy who'll put up 20 and 10 for 40 games. No way in hell I do that. And from the looks of it, neither would those teams with top picks.

-Lakers are ready to move Andew Bynum, but there isn't much interest in him because no one is sure what he can do

They are so fucking inept. Unless you're getting a franchise type in a package, don't deal him.

Lakers gotta win NOW NOW NOW! I don't mind watching the Bulls mature into a quality team again, even if it takes another year or two.

Yes, trade a number 1 or number 2 pick for a guy who'll put up 20 and 10 for 40 games. No way in hell I do that. And from the looks of it, neither would those teams with top picks.

But it was OK to trade it for a 12 & 6 guy with a bad heart?

We all know the reason that deal happened...

Isaiah Thomas is an idiot.

His heart isn't an issue. And at the time, before it turned out to be a top 3 pick (which no one would have guessed when the deal occured), it was an okay trade. But what does that have to do with trading a top 4 pick for Jermaine O'Neal?

I'd just like to see the shittier teams in the L make moves for quality players, ie. the Hawks for AI. I love big trades, they keep things interesting.

Why would he dog it on a team that only lost 12 more games than the Sixers last year....

And Iverson has never demostrated the type of character to be the guy that would dog it in a losing situation.

His heart isn't an issue. And at the time, before it turned out to be a top 3 pick (which no one would have guessed when the deal occured), it was an okay trade. But what does that have to do with trading a top 4 pick for Jermaine O'Neal?

Who didn't see it coming? Everyone knew New York would be one of the worst teams in the league.

Who didn't see it coming? Everyone knew New York would be one of the worst teams in the league.

CW is a relative of Isiah's. It's the only way that him agreeing with every move Isiah makes makes any sense.

Trade for Steve Francis when you already have him on the team? Sure, why not?

Get a guy with no balls who also has a bad heart? Sure, why not?

Trade an expiring contract for Jalen Rose and thus stunt the growth of David Lee and Lil Nate when he takes all of their minutes? Sure, why not?

And that's just last season's moves that everyone knew would backfire that CW thought were AWESOME!~

Trading an expiring contract for more talent, not exactly a horrible move.

Eddy Curry's heart is fine. Did you see him miss any games because of it? No. Are you just saying this so you could make yourself look right? Sure.

Nate Robinson got more minutes after the Rose trade silly. And David Lee's minutes had nothing to do with Jalen Rose. He missed a shitload of games because Brown didn't want him to play before the Rose trade, and before the Rose trade he sat him down again.

And show me the articles that had people predicting the Knicks would finish last. Everyone was picking them to make the playoffs, if not barely missing them, especially with Larry at the helm. Go and find them, i'll give you five days.

Trading an expiring contract for more talent, not exactly a horrible move.

Eddy Curry's heart is fine. Did you see him miss any games because of it? No. Are you just saying this so you could make yourself look right? Sure.

Nate Robinson got more minutes after the Rose trade silly. And David Lee's minutes had nothing to do with Jalen Rose. He missed a shitload of games because Brown didn't want him to play before the Rose trade, and before the Rose trade he sat him down again.

And show me the articles that had people predicting the Knicks would finish last. Everyone was picking them to make the playoffs, if not barely missing them, especially with Larry at the helm. Go and find them, i'll give you five days.

You're delusional. The Francis trade was madness. Why trade a guy who's going to give you salary cap relief (which you so desperately need) for a guy who plays the same way as your best player?

Jalen Rose averaged 35 minutes per game in 26 games for the Knicks. He started 25 of them. Nate Robinson averaged 23 minutes per game in the 29 games he was utilised after Rose joined the Knicks. He started 7. Before Rose arrived, he averaged 20 minutes per game. He started 18 of those games. You're right, he got more minutes after Rose arrived. Three more. If Rose wasn't there? I'm sure Nate would have played more minutes, and he would have started more games.

What's worse is that Francis was coming off the bench.

I've never been a fan of his, while I can say that Marbury is a good talent that just doesn't seem to fit into a winning philosophy. Why that is, I don't know. He needs to step up this next season or get the hell out of New York if anyone will take him.

The worst thing of all is that they want Kenyon Martin. No TEAM should trade for him, they should just let him waste away that horrid contract in Denver. That was a terrible deal.

The Knicks just need to wait for the bad moves to go away instead of making more bad trades to help them in the short term. It accomplishes nothing. Don Nelson would actually be a good hire for them if they want to stick with what they've got and run. That's what they have, a team that can run and play no defense.

Whether Curry had a heart problem or not, it was still a concern at the time, which is why no one but the Knicks would trade for him. The Knicks lucked out and got a solid contributer, but he could have become the next Reggie Lewis for all we knew at the time.

Also, there shall be no Jalen Rose bashing on my time.

Nate Robinson and Jalen Rose play different positions. All those times Rose started, he started at the 3 spot. Last I checked, Robinson isn't a small forward.

And actually the Hawks and Lakers were interested in Curry. It just seems that everytime the Knicks get someone, only the Knicks were interested. People gotta stop doing that.

Also like I said. Isiah wants no part of Kenyon Martin. If Larry is still coach, he'll probably have to trade for him. It looks like Larry will be gone, so chances are, we won't see Kenyon Martin in a Knick uniform.

And actually the Hawks and Lakers were interested in Curry. It just seems that everytime the Knicks get someone, only the Knicks were interested. People gotta stop doing that.

That's not good company. All three GM's involved are dumb.

The Bulls offered him millions of dollars a year if he took the heart test and it was found he couldn't play. The Bulls wanted him too.

Trading for Francis gives the Knicks flexibility to get rid of Marbury (because Nate Robinson is a backup point guard) and start over.

I didn't like the Curry trade because I didn't see anything in him that I didn't see in Sweetny honestly, But the guy is a proven contributor.

And thats coming from a Lakers' fan too.

I can't deny proven fact.

All has been quiet on that front lately.

I actually do remember the Hawks being interested in him, now that you mention it. But like King said, we're not exactly talking about Jerry West and Joe Dumars having a bidding war.

Personally, I hope the Knicks trade for Martin, just so I can watch you guys flip-flop. If Martin returns to form, Isiah suddenly becomes a basketball genius. If it doesn't work out, Isiah was forced to trade for him because of that moron Larry Brown. I don't even like Brown, but the Knick detractors aren't the only ones guilty of double standards.

Actually Jerry West was interested too. He was interested in Steve Francis too. Not so sure if he is right now though.

Jerry West is overrated (not necessarily overrated, but he's done a few dumb things recently) as a GM too, but he is a smart guy.

BRIAN CARDINAL? That was one of the worst signings in forever. His old age is catching up.

They needed someone who could replace Atkins while Damon was hurt, but Francis wasn't who I would choose. The reason they got killed by Dallas is because they don't have guards that can create their own shot.

I really think the Lakers should try their best to make a move for O'Neal. Bryant then has a legit big man who can post up 20-10 nightly.

Surely the Lakers have nothing the Pacers want. They'd have to include a third team.

Guest Vitamin X

I personally think they should give Odom one last year before they decide to get rid of him or not. He's had to undergo quite a few changes in recent years, and if he's not able to really take that next big step this year now that he's turning 27, he probably never will. He can't be a C+/B- player his whole career if the Lakers want to be a contender again.