TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

NBA Offseason Thread

Honestly I think this a good signing for the Hornets. Peja is a good addition to Chris Paul.

They are a playoff team next year IMO.

Honestly I think this a good signing for the Hornets. Peja is a good addition to Chris Paul.

They are a playoff team next year IMO.

Peja's on-court qualities are definitely going to fill a need the Hornets had, as they've been weak at outside shooting since Chris Anderson got suspended indefinitely by the league for drugs..

It's the amount of his contract as well as his injury concerns that have me wary.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly
Also, I'd like Teke to talk about the Hornets staying in NO when a certain someone's around.

Yeah, good idea, we haven't been baiting Damaramu enough in college football threads, college basketball threads, NFL threads, baseball threads, the LSD folder, and so on, so let's give him shit about wanting the Hornets to do something logical.

He's nototrious he'll crush you like a jely bean!

A few minor transactions:

Portland claims Nikoloz Tskitishvili off waivers from Phoenix.

Boston waives Orien Greene.

Cliff Robinson will re-sign with the Nets.

I haven't seen anything about Harrington or Blake. Does anyone have information handy?

Guest Felonies!

Also, I'd like Teke to talk about the Hornets staying in NO when a certain someone's around.

Yeah, good idea, we haven't been baiting Damaramu enough in college football threads, college basketball threads, NFL threads, baseball threads, the LSD folder, and so on, so let's give him shit about wanting the Hornets to do something logical.

Marks out

McKie is useless, and Mihm is a decent player inside, off the bench. Brian Cook could eventually develop into a good player as well, although he's definitely no Harrington.

So much for "no major changes" this offseason, eh?

We might see a starting five for LA being Cassell-Kobe-Harrington-Odom-Kwame. I like that, a lot.

McKie's been useless for the past 3 years, so his uselessness isn't too much of a recent thing.

Anyways the Lakers are set if they get Cassell. Heck, they probably would've made the WCF if Sam was their PG last year.

If E.T. stays healthy which he NEVER does. Dont forget he is getting old also

Clippers re-sign Cassell for 2 years at $13 Million matching the offer made by the Hawks
Reprted by ESPN tonight that he has not signed, and probably wont re-sign with the clips

Marks out

If you are talking about Cuban's mind-yeah

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Marks out

If you are talking about Cuban's mind-yeah

What in the fucking hell are you talking about?

I'm hoping that Carmelo signing for 5/$80 million will persuade Lebron to seek a better offer. It'll be nice to see nearly twenty teams attempting to feverishly shed cap space at the same time.

Melo is going to extend, same with Bosh.

D-Wade and LBJ are extending. They are not going to turn down that kind of money. None are in a position where they hated being where they currently are. All 4 are extending. If any of them want out in a few years, they will go to their agents and ownership and get moved.

I'm sad to see Orien Greene leave the Celtics. I think he'll fit in well somewhere. I am curious to see what Ainge trades away this summer. I think Iverson's addition would be interesting, but I am not sure at the expense of a member of the young core now. I've already heard Jefferson, Gerald Green and West thrown around and I wouldn't want to give up on any of them yet.

The Celts are one of my teams, the other is the Suns, kind of active too. I wish they would've done with more Tskitishvili, at least held him through the summer league. We'll see how he cracks up in Portland. I didn't see it mentioned, but Tim Thomas to the Clips is kind of a blow, hopefully that'll open cap space for the likes of a Bobby Jackson instead.

Apparently the Pacers are going to try to bring Harrington back. I wouldn't mind seeing that, as it would take a lot of pressure off Jermaine, but hopefully we can still afford another shooter, too (Greg Buckner plz).

If the Hornets signed Bobby Jackson, it probably means Speedy Claxon isn't coming back.

Sign and trade, anyone?

As far as a Chandler-Brown trade, I'd be all for that.

Brown's on the downside of his career, wanting to win the big one before he goes, and Chandler's being replaced by Tyrus Thomas, so that seems like a natural trade.

Guest Felonies!

I see goldengreek has metastasized to the Sports folder. Welcome!

I'm not liking this offseason so far for the Rockets. First, they've done nothing and desperately need to. Second, every team in the division will be good or is getting better. NO/OKC getting Peja and Jackson helps them a lot if they stay healthy. Memphis will be adding Rudy Gay and possibly Stromile Swift to their already good lineup (thanks to the Rockets mind you). Dallas and San Antonio sure as hell aren't getting any worse.

The Mike James return would be nice, but that's not going to compete with the moves made by the other SW teams. There have to be some teams out there that would give us decent or at least promising young shooter for a handful of our senior citizens.

Guest Felonies!

You know, the only team that's really "Southwestern" in the Southwest is San Antonio. Oh well, the Midwest comprised Salt Lake City and Denver for like 20some years, so it's not as if the NBA has a tradition of geographic excellence.

The NFL's geography from 1994-2002 makes NBA geography look top notch. Atlanta and Carolina were in the NFC West, while Dallas was in the East. Jacksonville was in the Central, while Indianapolis was in the East. Tampa was in the NFC Central too. Just a huge mess all around.

The NFL's geography from 1994-2002 makes NBA geography look top notch. Atlanta and Carolina were in the NFC West, while Dallas was in the East. Jacksonville was in the Central, while Indianapolis was in the East. Tampa was in the NFC Central too. Just a huge mess all around.

The NFC West was particularly laughable circa 1996 when the Rams jumped to St. Louis, as it left only one team in the division (San Fran) who was further west than Arizona or Dallas.

Nene is staying with the Nuggets at 6 yrs, $60 million.

Nothing against Nene, but I'm starting to think I could declare free agency and whiz a team into giving me at least $25 million.

Guest Felonies!

The NFC West was particularly laughable circa 1996 when the Rams jumped to St. Louis, as it left only one team in the division (San Fran) who was further west than Arizona or Dallas.

Just rename the divisions after people, like the old NHL Norris Division. The NFC North is the only division I can think of offhand where everybody's fairly close to one another. I guess the NFC South is fairly concentrated in one part of the country, but who cares about them.

Just rename the divisions after people, like the old NHL Norris Division. The NFC North is the only division I can think of offhand where everybody's fairly close to one another.

The NFC South is reasonable as well, as it's Carolina, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, and Atlanta.

Guest Felonies!

The NFC South is like the scrap heap of the four divisions, though.

Anyway, I don't know why the NBA didn't just call the Midwest Division the Mountain Division; it would've been closer to the four time zones. Oh well. They should be named after people too

Nene is staying with the Nuggets at 6 yrs, $60 million.

Nothing against Nene, but I'm starting to think I could declare free agency and whiz a team into giving me at least $25 million.

That is a top 50 salary for the league, which is pretty ridiculous if they can't shed Kenyon off the books.