TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

NBA Offseason Thread

Heh. I remember their rookie year, I said Wade was better than Carmelo, and everyone acted like I was nuts. I don't think anyone will dispute this now.

I hate when stuff like this gets leaked and then thrown out.

Assault claim on Kwame thrown out due to lack of evidence

July 11, 2006

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

LOS ANGELES -- Prosecutors rejected a sexual assault claim against Los Angeles Lakers center Kwame Brown on Tuesday because of a lack of evidence.

The allegation was made during the Lakers' first-round Western Conference playoff series with Phoenix and had been under investigation since. Brown had denied any wrongdoing and was never arrested.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office said it decided not to prosecute Brown after "a medical exam of the victim was reviewed and revealed no signs of forcible sexual assault." There was also no corroborating forensic evidence, it said.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2005-2006, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Well, that was obvious.

About Melo, I just don't think he's very good or worth that money and will leave it at that.

Al Harrington has narrowed down the teams to three. The Warriors, Pacers, and Knicks. With the ban lifted, the Hawks are allowed to sign and trade for multiple year deals.

Mike James signs with T-wolves for four years for the mid-level exception

Good thing they didn't extend Sam Cassell last summer. Now they've thrown twice the money it would have cost to keep Sam on Mike James and Marko Jaric. In a world devoid of Isiah Thomas, Kevin McHale will quickly assume the mantle of the worst GM in basketball (barring a last minute run from Billy King).

If it weren't for Joe Dumars, Ben Wallace would not be shit.

That is bullshit of the highest degree.

Charles Oakley deserves more credit than Joe F'n Dumars. GMs don't make players. And Ben Wallace was a rising star in the league for Washington and Orlando before Detroit even got their hands on him. You know what the biggest thing holding him back from his breakout season was? Foul trouble. But he was gradually getting that under control before he ever got to Detroit. All Detroit did was give him a chance to play 30+ a night (and Ben responded by keeping the fouls down) but with the way he played he'd have gotten that chance with ANY team, certainly with Orlando if they didn't think they were getting the second coming of Jordan-Pippen with T-Mac-Hill.

Oh, and Grant Hill's sign and trade was done so he could get the biggest contract possible, not because he wanted to help out the Pistons. If he could have got his deal without going through them he would have.

Harrington would be better than Peja for the Pacers from a morale standpoint, because of his relationship with JO. Indiana should do everything they can to get Al back.

DraftExpress.com has a rumor up that has Bonzi Wells to the Pacers for Jeff Foster and Sarunas Jasikevicius. It hasn't been confirmed by any other site, and I doubt the Kings would do that trade, anyway. Plus, Bonzi and Rick Carlisle just has "disaster" written all over it to me, and Foster is probably the last guy aside from JO and Granger that I'd want to see traded.

AI is not going to Minnesota, just like KG is not going to stay there one season longer that he has to, but the problem is that a lot of teams cannot or will not take on his salary.

Can someone explain this garbage about players signing with other teams in order to "take care of their families"? If Ben Wallace stayed in Detroit for the mid-level exception, he could take care of his family. If you're an NBA player and you have a moderately good contract, you SHOULD be set for life.

I bet that even though the Knicks now KNOW that LeBron, Wade AND 'Melo will be available in 3 years they still won't start trying to get out of salary cap hell.

Well, that was obvious.

About Melo, I just don't think he's very good or worth that money and will leave it at that.

You cant say he isnt very good. Maybe he is over rated. Maybe he is a top 40 talent instead of a top 10 talent. Regardless he is a very good player.

I bet that even though the Knicks now KNOW that LeBron, Wade AND 'Melo will be available in 3 years they still won't start trying to get out of salary cap hell.

Isiah wanted to shed payroll last year, but crazy Larry wanted more players. Plus with Dolan now taking notice, the Knicks are in good position for 2009-2010 (if they don't add salary), so all the trades they make from now till then, should be looked at closely to see if they are taking any money past that year.

"Taking care of his family" can be interpreted as taking as much money as he can. The Bulls grossly overpaid for him, for sure.

"Taking care of his family" can be interpreted as taking as much money as he can. The Bulls grossly overpaid for him, for sure.

Disagree. Wallace is nasty.

Sounds like Dwayne Wade and Carmelo Anthony are taking the Lebron deal with their respective teams. Sounds like the summer after the '09-'10 season could be something to behold.

Actually, Carmelo signed the max deal he was originally offered, but with an ETO after the fourth year. Chris Bosh also signed a LeBron deal.

Greg Buckner agreed to a three-year deal with Dallas today.

Spurs sign Jacque Vaughn, and give offer sheets to Jackie Butler and Francisco Elson. I think Butler's better than either Rasho or Mohammed, but Isiah will probably match that one. Elson was good in short spurts when Camby was out, but I don't know about him as a full-time starter.

Bryan Colangelo to the rescue. The suns offered John fucking Salmons a 5 year 22 million dollar deal, but in swooped Toronto to overpay him even more. Thank you Bryan....thank you.

Is there anything out there on Peja Stojakovic officially signing his contract with the Hornets?

That deal had been in the works for some time now, but my local radio reported it today as a *sign-and-trade* deal involving the Pacers, but listed no one that the Hornets gave up in a trade.

I'm treating it as "someone screwed up at the radio station" for now, as they probably misread "signed Indiana Pacers forward Peja Stojakovic" as "in a sign-and-trade with the Pacers for Peja Stojakovic".

The Pacers got the rights to Andrew Betts, a 1998 draftee who has never played in the league. So yeah, the Hornets basically gave up no one.

Oh shit. The Pacers also got a $7.5 million trade exception. That's huge.

Yeah, I was *wondering* how you could do a trade of a $8 million a year player for the rights to a draft pick who's never made it into the league.

Think they may use that to pick up Harrington?