TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

NBA Offseason Thread

Phoenix will like Marcus Banks, while instead of getting him, the Lakers got Shammond Williams!

The Knicks aren't going to match for Jackie Butler. Good addition for the Spurs. I don't think they'll miss Rasho or Mohammed, especially if they end up getting Elson, too.

Reason #1120303 why Isiah Thomas is an idiot. Pay Jerome James and Eddy Curry $100 million for the rest of the decade when you could have a homegrown center at a tenth of the cost.

Ah Kirk Snyder. Everytime someone mentions him, they don't talk about anything good in his game...they say "well...he certainly looks in shape".

Thats never good.

The Knicks aren't going to match for Jackie Butler. Good addition for the Spurs. I don't think they'll miss Rasho or Mohammed, especially if they end up getting Elson, too.

Reason #1120303 why Isiah Thomas is an idiot. Pay Jerome James and Eddy Curry $100 million for the rest of the decade when you could have a homegrown center at a tenth of the cost.

Its not like they could justify paying another center that much money. He HAS to play Curry and James because its not like he can trade them.

Its not like they could justify paying another center that much money. He HAS to play Curry and James because its not like he can trade them.

I was pointing out Isiah's piss poor management, in that he has two marginal centers under contract who make $10 million and $6 million, respectively and had to let go the one with arguably the brightest future for a modest $2 million a year.

Yeah, Jerome James is the one move I can never justify for Isaiah. I think all the rest of his moves were risky and could have just as easily have worked out for him as they didn't, but nobody thought that Jerome James would be worth a damn with his walking around with a trashbag ass.

I think the Jerome James situation is the reason Chris Wilcox doesn't have a deal yet, too. He never really did anything with the Clips, then has two good months with Seattle and all of a sudden he wants $60 million?

After freakin' Nene Hilario got $60 million, I'm not surprised at what Wilcox wants. At this point, though, I don't think he's going to find someone to pay him that much. Should have taken the $40 million the Sonics offered him, because at this point no one who wants a big man can pay him that much.

All these guys are getting signed for ridonkulous money, yet the one steadily proven above-average player still out there (Harrington) is without a contract. That's gotta happen soon.

I like Marcus Banks but I'm always wary of giving backups 5 years of guaranteed money. I mean, this isn't Willie Reid stupid, cause Banks can actually play the point and the Suns' best option before him for that was really Diaw, but that's a bit of money out of the fund to resign your core guys when their contracts come up. I guess losing Tim Thomas gives them future room too. Like Ripper said, though, I don't see a whole lot in their offseason solving the problems they've had down the stretch the last two seasons. Though the Mavs and Spurs don't seem to be doing anything to get better either, so maybe staying status quo and getting Nash more breathing time from Banks will be enough with Amare back.

I think the Spurs got a little better. I think Butler and Francisco Elson (if Denver doesn't match) with Matt Bonner off the bench is an upgrade over what they had up front around Duncan, and Jacque Vaughn could end up being a key pickup as well, because I don't know how much Barry's got left in the tank.

Chris Wilcox is better than Nene, and his play in Seattle last year was for real. I don't know if the Clippers really knew what they had, or if they decided that he didn't fit into their plans because of Kaman and Brand.

Phoenix will like Marcus Banks, while instead of getting him, the Lakers got Shammond Williams!

Has he even played in the league in the last few years?

Who long will it take to grow it all back?

And Isiah didn't match Jackie Butler, because it was going to cost 14 million. You don't need a third string center when you already have Channing Frye, who can play some center for some minutes.

Who long will it take to grow it all back?

As a man who often bounces between the two Steve Nash looks shown above, I'd say a solid 6-12 months at least.

And Isiah didn't match Jackie Butler, because it was going to cost 14 million. You don't need a third string center when you already have Channing Frye, who can play some center for some minutes.

You are missing the point of what I said. I know why he didn't extend Butler, I'm just say he could have had a comparable center at a fraction of the cost had he not wasted the time and money in acquiring Eddy Curry and Jerome James in the first place.

Guest Felonies!

I cut off almost all my hair back in mid-April. It's only now starting to cover the tops of my ears again.

You are missing the point of what I said. I know why he didn't extend Butler, I'm just say he could have had a comparable center at a fraction of the cost had he not wasted the time and money in acquiring Eddy Curry and Jerome James in the first place.

Well thats true. Butler was a good find. Jerome James messed all of this up, he's Isiah's worse move by far. Nothing you can do about that now though, so Butler pretty much had to go because of it.

Denver seems to be deseperate now (in moving Martin), and I don't really want Martin, unless they take something like Jerome James, Malik Rose, and Q-Rich together (we take back like Najera I guess). Then we can just sign Paul Miller who was in the SL games as a backup center.

In Europe. From everything I've read, he was pretty good there. They worked out Jay Williams, so that's a pretty good indication of what Jay has left, which is likely nothing.

In Europe. From everything I've read, he was pretty good there. They worked out Jay Williams, so that's a pretty good indication of what Jay has left, which is likely nothing.

Where did he play colledge ball? UIC ?

I guess you can expect Nash not to play for 5 more years and Banks will eventually be the replacement (the guy has the juice to run the offense) but I am just a little shakey on it.

And the SUns signed Sean Marks....its pretty much a wrap now....time to start practicing their "holding the trophy" pose.

WTHR in Indianapolis has reported that the Pacers have reached a deal for Harrington. No terms have been released yet, but the trade exception we got from the Hornets will likely be involved.

WTHR in Indianapolis has reported that the Pacers have reached a deal for Harrington. No terms have been released yet, but the trade exception we got from the Hornets will likely be involved.

Since I'm sure you know and I don't feel like doing the research, was Al an even up swap for Stephen Jackson, or were some other parts/picks involved?

I'm pretty sure it was straight up, but surely we can't keep Jackson at this point. We're going to end up like the Hawks soon.

Al plays big now though... so I guess Indy is looking to move Jermaine to the Center, Al to the PF, Daniels to the small, Jackson to the 2 and mystery un named player to the point? Or Daniels at the two and Granger at the 3...or....um....what the hell is Indiana about to do?

Maybe we could use Jackson in a deal for Jamal Magloire. The Pacers have shown interest in him recently.

I'd like that. Then we'd have:

C - Magloire

PF - Jermaine

SF - Harrington

SG - Granger

PG - Tinsley

Big lineup, but I think it could work.

Okay...i just heard on the radio that the Deal for Al fucking Harrington to the Pacers was for a first rounder....

thats it. The PACERS (who will make the playoffs) first rounder (guessing around pick 15-22.

If this report isn't wrong.....