TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CurryMan

World Cup 2006 in Germany

I got home just in time to watch another guy take a dive in the box and get a bogus PK. Fortunately, this douche missed.

Germany go through.

In other news, Germany and England are fighting. Who'd have thought?

Guest CurryMan

Well Sweden out not a big surprise even though one hoped that we could have performed a better match. It will be intresting for us that cares to see what will happen to the swedish team after this world cup, some people has talked about this was there last big thing with the team.

And great game Argentina and Mexico, I would enjoy if Mexico would win but Argentina stands the better chance to beat Germany in my mind so I don´t really know who to cheere for.

That's got to be the best goal I've seen so far.

Agreed, I loved Germany's 4th goal in the Germany-Costa Rica match (Briggs-Frigs?), but that topped it.

Frings. Mexico/Argentina was refreshing, being an actual game of football and all, after Sweden's no show and Germany's 70mins of fuck all. Shame Borgetti had a nightmare though, he should have scored at the right end at least once but didn't run for anything, he's normally superb at getting on the end of a cross.

Ecuador played a great fucking game today but England goes through thanks to a genious shot by Beckham after he didn't really do that much in the entire game. In fact, he looked dead tired at times.

On my part, nothing but congratulations to my countrymen who played an amazing tournament, surprising quite a lot of people.

But who knows, if that shot by Carlos Tenorio on the first period hadn't hit the post we might be talking a different story here. Anyways, good for England and I hope they go far (until they meet Brazil, that is.)

That was the most fun game I've ever seen in my life. Madness.

This is going to send the message to FIFA that the diving needs to be stopped, NOW. Much more than half the cards were flatout dives, and Van Bommel is the worst fucking one of all. Barely headbutted and he swooned like a 15 year old after her first kiss.

Wait - Van Nistelrooy was dropped due to indifferent performances? You don't omit a guy who's capable of winning you a game off his own boot. Coaching cost the Dutch, obviously.

Wait - Van Nistelrooy was dropped due to indifferent performances? You don't omit a guy who's capable of winning you a game off his own boot. Coaching cost the Dutch, obviously.

He should be used to it by now, what with spending half the season on the bench at United.

Well, England bucked the trend. Usually they smash whoever's in the Second Round. Maybe it's a good omen that this time they scraped through rather than get everyone's hopes up with a 3/4 goal salvo. Then again, maybe not. I'm one of Beckham's strong defenders and his goal proved that even with a mediocre performance he's a potential asset to the team. But even I'm willing to admit that Lennon's 10-15 minutes pretty much eclipsed everything Becks did aside from the freekick. I don't see Beckham being dropped for the Quarters but I'd like to see Lennon get a better run out at some point.

Nope, not even a kick. Which is strange as England only have two other strikers.

Italy are struggling against Australia. I hope the Aussies go through.

To say I'm completely shattered would be a massive understatement. That was the most devastating Australian sporting moment ever. People were either angry, or speechless. Words can't describe how cruel that penalty was.

Ukraine finally beats Switzerland after taking the penalty kicks 3-0. The game was a bit of a grind, admittedly, but it wasn't nearly as bad as the announcers were making it out to be.