TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CurryMan

World Cup 2006 in Germany

Fuckin fuckin hell

Now I'm rooting for Portugal, as the dark horse team.

If they lose, then I suppose I go for France in the finals.

Brilliant game, excellent ref, let the game flow so well. So many refs would have let the game out of control early on but this one didnt.

He did let some fouls go but it made for a great spectical. All refs should learn from this game, by giving players respect you gain it from the players and the game will not decend into a 11 vs 10 game, or 10 vs 10.

Italy should go on now to win, best Goalkeeper and Defence with a really solid midfield.

The Referee tonight was really good, hardly noticed he was on the pitch.

Brilliant game, excellent ref, let the game flow so well. So many refs would have let the game out of control early on but this one didnt.

He did let some fouls go but it made for a great spectical. All refs should learn from this game, by giving players respect you gain it from the players and the game will not decend into a 11 vs 10 game, or 10 vs 10.

Exactly. It's simple isn't it? Just a bit of common sense and the rewards can be so great. High quality stuff tonight and very enjoyable. The 'beautiful game' is still alive and kicking.

It was nice to see Italy so positive for the whole game and they deserved their win. Maybe they learned the hard way after their self-inflicted exits at the last WC & EC.

Does anyone else here hate Eric Wynalda? Cause I've been starting to get down on him as an analyst.

Italy has the same odd defensive shit-boring style, but the made the cup and were succesfull

They have better players, and their group may have been cake, but I haven't looked at it in a while. So, I will right now and edit it in. Italy, Norway, Scotland, Belarus, Slovenia, and Moldova. Norway and Scotland are ok, but that's an easy group.

One thing I do know, is that they didn't play anyone that was worth their time until today. They also have the best goalkeeper in the world (that will be sitting in a jail cell sometime after the Cup), and almost every player in the rest of their starting 11 is better than anything the Greeks have. Just the way it works out, even if they have an Argentine that doesn't know their anthem.

Italy has the same odd defensive shit-boring style, but the made the cup and were succesfull

They have better players, and their group may have been cake, but I haven't looked at it in a while. So, I will right now and edit it in. Italy, Norway, Scotland, Belarus, Slovenia, and Moldova. Norway and Scotland are ok, but that's an easy group.

One thing I do know, is that they didn't play anyone that was worth their time until today. They also have the best goalkeeper in the world (that will be sitting in a jail cell sometime after the Cup), and almost every player in the rest of their starting 11 is better than anything the Greeks have. Just the way it works out, even if they have an Argentine that doesn't know their anthem.

Dont rip on us Greeks that bad LOL. Dont forget we beat two teams who are in this years Final 4 of the world ,France- and Portugal twice, who was the HOST team. They are a far cry from Italy I admit, but I see them improving and I believe they are one of the top 25 teams in the world. IMHO

They are, but they've been banned from international football for a while because their government keeps intruding with the federation and telling them who to pick. How long the Greeks are banned, nobody knows yet.

Another Greek told me they didn't qualify because they fell into the Greek way. I asked him what he meant and he said, they let everything go to their head. If they would have beaten Albania, they probably would have been in or near to it.

Buffon has a betting problem. If he doesn't get put in jail, he'll get banned for a while, in all likelihood. Supposedly, he pulled a Pete Rose. Someone more in tune with soccer can shed more light to the Juventus thing. I like soccer and am still learning a lot.

They are, but they've been banned from international football for a while because their government keeps intruding with the federation and telling them who to pick. How long the Greeks are banned, nobody knows yet.

Another Greek told me they didn't qualify because they fell into the Greek way. I asked him what he meant and he said, they let everything go to their head. If they would have beaten Albania, they probably would have been in or near to it.

Buffon has a betting problem. If he doesn't get put in jail, he'll get banned for a while, in all likelihood. Supposedly, he pulled a Pete Rose. Someone more in tune with soccer can shed more light to the Juventus thing. I like soccer and am still learning a lot.

"The Greek way" is argueing, finger pointing, and selfishness. i.e. too many cooks in the kitchen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serie_A_scandal_of_2006

Buffon placed bets when it was technically legal(until Late 2005) so should only get a fine.

Guest The Beta Male

*roots for an italy v portugal final*

diving scorecards and oscar statues at the ready, the italian goalie sells "no contact" better than half the smackdown roster.

Why do people here want Italy to lose?

Well, I'm still a bit miffed that they beat one of my two heritage teams (i.e. Germany and England), plus there was that crap against Australia. There's also the fact Germany has never beaten Italy, which compounds the frustration. Unfortunately, it would be ironically fitting if Italy were to win on German soil, after Germany won on Italian soil in '90.

Also, having seen your pic, if you're Italian, then I'm Spanish.

Fuck the diving stereotype, Italy didn't rely on it last night, good ref, good game, great extra time when they kicked back to life, and two glorious goals. I was particularly fond of Del Piero's, cos it's always nice to see the old guard turn it on at the right moment. He wasn't even in Germany's half when Gillardino got to the edge of their box. Awesome.

Guest Felonies!

"The Greek way" is argueing, finger pointing, and selfishness. i.e. too many cooks in the kitchen

And nobody cooks like the Greeks!

That Ronaldo kid REALLY needs a good beating after all that flopping he did. Seriously, they absolutely need to penalize these guys in SOME way for this shit.

At least I'll be able to get around town without having half the streets blocked off to traffic because of drunken Portuguese people (Fall River ain't called "Little Portugal" for nothing).

That Ronaldo kid REALLY needs a good beating after all that flopping he did. Seriously, they absolutely need to penalize these guys in SOME way for this shit.

He plays for the same club as Rooney (who he helped to get sent off and headbutted before the game), so fingers crossed, assuming he doesn't get transfered beforehand.

I will be cheering for France so hard come the Final. With the shit that went down last week, if Italy win, everyone here will be devastated.

I have to go with Italy, if only because Cannavaro is player of the tournament. Zidane's probably done enough to run 2nd though, and if he wins the world cup to sign off with I'd harbour no ill will.