TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CurryMan

World Cup 2006 in Germany

I'm not a huge soccer fan, but I am watching this game (thanks to CDWOW!) and I may have to start watching it more often. I didn't know viscous headbuts to the chest were included in this game. :lol:

Seriously though, I think I could really get into watching this sport. I'm having a blast watching this, even though I don't know much about the rules and everything.

I'm really disappointed by that, Zidane is supposed to be a very classy player and then he loses his cool and headbutts someone. That's a real shame.

They're going to Penalty Kicks.....France has history on their side, but they don't have Zidane and Buffon is a good goalie as far as I know. It's gonna be all kinds of tense

Why did they get rid of the Golden Goal, anyway?

I also think deciding the World Cup title on PKs is incredibly retarded.

Good to see a show of class between the goalies after what happened with Zidane

Italy gets the first one!

and France ties

Italy gets the second

France's 2nd goes off the crossbar!

Italy got their third!

France stays alive with a second one in

Guest NYankees

DO OR DIE for France.

Edit.

France needs to get a stop now.

THE GUIDOS WIN. THE GUIDOS WIN!!!!!!!

ITALY WINS!!!!!!

So Italy plays like crap for half the game....but they win the Cup on a penalty kicking contest?

Yeah, four years is plenty of time between these things.

So Italy plays like crap for half the game....but they win the Cup on a penalty kicking contest?

Yeah, four years is plenty of time between these things.

There was also a bad offsides calls that waved off a goal for Italy, so if the game had been called properly, it wouldn't be an issue

Zidane didn't even come out to get his medal and say goodbye to his fans...it's really sad. Everyone's last memory of him may well be that headbutt and then walking down to the locker room all alone. And am I the only one who thnks the trophy should be a tad bigger, maybe?

Zidane didn't even come out to get his medal and say goodbye to his fans...it's really sad. Everyone's last memory of him may well be that headbutt and then walking down to the locker room all alone. And am I the only one who thnks the trophy should be a tad bigger, maybe?

He wasn't allowed on the pitch. I think I heard the announcers mention this.

Every major sport should have a trophy similar to the Stanley Cup.

Especially something that only happens every four years. They should each get a trophy simular in size to the World Cup. It looks like a Portuguese cookie jar.

I wish Zidane the best of luck with his new career as a Niteclub doorman

Doesn't he have enough from playing for Real Madrid to live very comfortably off of?

I'd love to know what Materazzi said. I think he was in 'The Ultras' when he was younger, one of the many nazi groups with a prominent position in Italian football.

I heard that he said something racially motivated and grabbed Zidane on the nipple at some point during the game.

Italy gets thoroughly out played for the exeption of the first 30 minutes and they win the game?? France dominated that game. DISGUSTING! How did France manage to lose their 4 best players before the P.K's Couldnt Henry tough it out for 5 more minutes. Wow, the better team lost.

The first penalty call that allowed France to get their only goal was bullshit anyway; as much as they dominated, they didn't score after that.

And the trophy is that small because it's made of real gold. If i'm not mistaken, I don't think the Stanley Cup or the World Series trophy are made of real gold.

The first penalty call that allowed France to get their only goal was bullshit anyway; as much as they dominated, they didn't score after that.

And the trophy is that small because it's made of real gold. If i'm not mistaken, I don't think the Stanley Cup or the World Series trophy are made of real gold.

Yes, but dont forget the ref didnt call an obvious foul that would have resulted in a pk for France. He ignored it because he had already called one.