TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

Summer 06 Concerts

I'm definitely going to see Keller Williams in A.C., Derek Trucks Band/Allman Brothers show and Gov't Mule/Allman Brothers show. The rest is up in the air for the summer.

I shall go to the Pitchfork thing in Chicago this July. Who wants to meet up?

:ph34r:

At the moment, just some country acts, Yellowcard with the Ataris and Vanilla Ice.

Scheduling has been extremely slow around here so far and might pick up around next week but for now, it's weak.

Probably just Dwight Yoakam, Big & Rich w/ Cowboy Troy, Yellowcard with the Ataris (which I'm going to hate), Marty Stuart, and Vanilla Ice.

Is Yoakum pretty sweet in concert? I'd think it'd make for a pretty fun atmosphere.

The first time I saw him was at our state fair which is the most uptight place on the planet and he loosened that place up. I had to pay 40 for the ticket this time but it's in a small venue with a group of mostly college aged adults so it's going to kick some major ass.

I think he depends on the venue, he does put on a good show though and he sounds very good live.

I will be attending the Warped Tour as usual but it's been getting progressively shittier each year with the influs of Emo bands. So we'll see if I even decide to go.

Dama, I went last year for the "hardcore" stage (two hardcore bands, a bunch of shitty emocore bands, and the rest were pseudo-metal acts) and The Offspring, and I left a van of Valient Thorr. They're on the bill this year. Go just for them. They are fucking WORTH IT.

I may go to see Comeback Kid (only "emocore" band I can stand, and that's mostly because they have the old-school hardcore punk feel to 'em) and Valient Thorr. Plus, my old bandmates in The Throes of War (formerly The Deepest Remorse) are trying to get on the bill through some contest, so if they do...I'm gonna be there to make fun of 'em. I got a lot of people taking pictures of me last year because I had "emo kids fuck off" written on my back and "I PEED MYSELF" on my chest, so hey. Maybe I shall return as well.

...doubtful, though. I'd likely end up getting thrown out for causing too many fights.

Kanye West,Matisyahu,Atmosphere,Cypress Hill, Misfits, Anti-Flag and some more this weekend.

Trying to see Rakim in Baltimore and Roots/Kweli later on in Baltimore but I'm not sure I'll make it to either of those shows.

If Shadows Fall are coming around here, I WILL be seeing them, I'm gonna go check dates right now.

I might see a big oldies concert at an outdoor ampitheatre in the middle of nowhere in New Hampshire about an hour from my house.

Hippiefest 2006 at Meadowbrook Farms in Gilford, New Hampshire

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Rare Earth

Mountain

The singer from The Hollies (Not Graham Nash, the other dude)

The Rascals

Badfinger

Melanie

All emceed by Wavy Gravy. If tickets aren't too expensive, I might go.

*bump*

Didn't feel like starting a new thread so I just bumped this one.

I found out that Bob Dylan's minor league baseball tour is heading near my way to Manchester, New Hampshire on August 27th. Jimmie Vaughn's new band and Junior Brown are opening. Tickets are expensive ($50, the same price I paid for U2 tickets last year) but I've got the money and it's a smaller venue (6,000 seats) plus it's Bob Fucking Dylan!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Bob Dylan is pretty pitiful live these days. Fair warning. If you want to see Bob Dylan because it's Bob Dylan, have fun, but be ready to hear almost none of the songs that made him famous while he's propped up behind a keyboard or something.

I'm going to see The Dillinger Escape plan again the first week of august, was considering the first day of Lollapalooza for Deadboy/Ween. My next can't miss deal is Hypocrisy/Decapitated/Suffocation in Detroit this fall.

Guest Felonies!

I might go see Guster at Summerfest on Saturday night, and I'm probably going to the Pitchfork fest in Chicago to see the Mountain Goats and whoever else is there that I might like. I'll probably get to a few more drum and bugle corps shows this summer as well, but I was disappointed by the show in Bloomington. Boring music.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Czech, I'm going to Zappa Plays Zappa on the 22nd in Cleveland.

It was really tempting to go to the NYC show on halloween, but I don't have the time to go that far.

Bob Dylan is pretty pitiful live these days. Fair warning. If you want to see Bob Dylan because it's Bob Dylan, have fun, but be ready to hear almost none of the songs that made him famous while he's propped up behind a keyboard or something.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of negative stuff about his live shows but oh well. I'm not expecting Bob Dylan circa 1966. I'm going to try to have a good time anyways and Junior Brown should be good at least as an opener.

I was thinking about going to a local music festival that had Dr. John, Blues Traveler, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, The Saw Doctors and a bunch of local bands. But $55 for a bunch of bands that I don't really like but can tolerate is probably too much.

So I think it's just going to be Guster/Ray LaMontagne and The Bob Dylan Show this summer for me.

Guest Felonies!

AWESOME. I'm aiming for the Minneapolis show on the 20th. I heard Terry Bozzio hurt his arm and was out of commission at least as far as drums were concerned, so hopefully he's at 100% by October. (Of course he would.) The set lists look like a pretty comprehensive mix of 70s stuff.

Well, on Wednesday I saw Puffy AmiYumi in a small club with Tally Hall as an opening act. I was quite happy with Tally Hall, they did some straight rock, some rock reggae type stuff, a little bit of rapping, and closed out with a cover of what I think is Kevin Federline's song(goes something like "Oh baby you/ got what I need/ but you say he's just a friend....) as a joke, but it was pretty killer. They're coming back to the area next month and I may just look into seeing them again. Puffy AmiYumi was excellant, as they were last year, and they spoke more English this time around between songs. It looks like covering Basketcase is a regular part of their live sets now, which I have no problem with. They claim it's their favorite song by their favorite band. They also did some new songs from their new CD, Splurge, which comes out on the 25th, but they were selling it at the show and I was one of the first 30 who bought it, so I got a pre signed copy. It's not as good as their other stuff, Nice blows this out of the water. I think their main problem is they tend to have very weak English lyrics written for them, but they can't really get big singing in Japanese, which seems to be their goal. They still sound awesome when they do their Japanese songs, though. My one complaint was the speakers were way too loud for such a small club, the floor was vibrating and my ears were ringing for a while after. It's a bizzare sight to see a band singing in Japanese in America, but Puffy always puts on a good show, and if they're coming to your town, I would strongly suggest you investigate seeing them, tickets for the two shows I've seen of them have been only $20 a pop(saw them last year as well). If they have Tally Hall with them as well, you're in for a real treat and a solid two hours of good music. That, by the way, would be my primary complaint, Puffy doesn't do much more than an hour of songs. I'm curious to see if they cme back, though, and if they'll do the Teen Titans song again, since it'll be that much longer canceled by then.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Celtic Frost/Goatwhore are touring this fall. Neat.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Tack, why in the fuck is Fear Factory on that tour?

I'm planning on going to the KC show in October

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Coheed and Cambria is apparently supporting DEP at the show I'm planning on going to. What the fuck again.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'm also not sure which ZPZ show I'm going to. It's either the 20th or the 22nd.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I actually don't mind that because with Fear Factory on the bill, they're gonna draw more money so that should mean more well deserved money for Suffocation. They will end up with a shorter set though, sadly.

I actually don't hate Fear Factory, but it is a very odd tour grouping.

Fear Factory, along with Soulfly and Static X, have an amazing habit of inexplicably being on tours I want to see.

If it's the 20th then you're going to Minneapolis.

You should pick up Czech along the way and then tell the board of your grand Zappa adventure.

Coheed and Cambria

Who dat?

Soulfly is easy to explain. EVERY kid who took up Death Metal grew up listening to Sepultura it seems. Who's gonna turn down any Cavalera after that?

Static X is still around?

Hey, has Goatwhore released any new sounds lately that I should hear? I've not kept up with them.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Hey, has Goatwhore released any new sounds lately that I should hear? I've not kept up with them.

Not that I'm aware. Their site hasn't been updated in moons.

Hey slayer, share with me your knowledge of Possessed. I've recently decided that I must investigate them further.

Considered by some to be the forefather of death metal, even predating Death or Morbid Angel.

The fact they only had two albums and an EP makes it easy to check them out. Start with Seven Churches.