TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

5 mic albums

i loved late registration. unfortunately my love becomes blinded by hearing his singles all.of.the.time. he's never made a great music video, either. actually, they've all been horrible. so whenever i see his songs on a music station it becomes tainted by thoughts of pamela anderson & anna nicole smith. i'm weird, sorry. that gold digger song also needs to die.

He should've died for doing that damn Gold Digger dance. I wanted to punch him for that. Hard.

College Drop Out was an awesome CD, and he was a much better MC in that album, then Late Registration. Late Registration was good musically though. No 5 mic's yet for Kanye, but College Drop Out was 4.5 mic's IMO. Late Registration was an overrated album though.

Chronic 2001 is 5 mic's because it was very unique and innovative. The beats on the CD were amazing, and Dre and his ghostwriters put a great CD together.

Stillmatic wasn't 5 mics, but was very close to it. It Was Written was Nas at his lyrical best(Yes even better then lyrically then Illmatic, but Illmatic was better CD) IMO, that was a 5 mic album and many rappers today pave their album, after the style Nas used in It Was Written.

Royce Da' 5'9 - Death is Certain comes dangerously close. Like 4 and 4/5th mics.

Rock City was better IMO. I gave that CD 5 mic's.

400 Degreez could be arguable 5 mic CD, simple because of Mannie Fresh's amazing production. Mannie Fresh is by far the most underrated producer of all time IMO.

Personally I hated Rock City. HATED it. I like everything else he has done since and before honestly, but that album just wasn't very good to me.

I didn't care for "Rock City" either, it was all over the place, it was a like a Mixtape album.

My Five mic albums that weren't:

Wu Tang Clan: Wu Tang Forever

The Roots: When things fall apart

Mos Def: Black on Both Sides

Talib Kweli: Reflection Eternal and Quality

Outkast: Southernplayalisticcadillacmuzik

50 Cent: Guess who's Back, eventhough it was a mixtape album IMO.

TRU (No Limit): Tru to the game

Goodie Mob: Soul Food

Eminem: Slim Shady Lp

i've come to the conclusion that "alternative rap" or "underground rap" or "conscious rap" is usually really boring. and not all that enjoyable. like mos def? come on. thats the blandest rapper EVER.

I like Mos Def's political stuff. Namely,

(another video
(the video on the first one is kind of crappy, I think it was made by a fan). Also, War, the Rapeover, and What Beef Is.

Black on Both Sides and the Black Star collab with Talib Kweli were both fantastic. I don't trust banky's taste in rap, really. (Though I respect his opinions on other music-related topics.)

oh, come on. so sorry if mos def is the most boring rapper in history.

Black on Both Sides and the Black Star collab with Talib Kweli were both fantastic. I don't trust banky's taste in rap, really. (Though I respect his opinions on other music-related topics.)

oh, come on. so sorry if mos def is the most boring rapper in history.

f61694y0dxj.jpg

i wouldn't argue that point much, either. though i do stand by my enjoyment of that album. there was a sense of adverturism that common attempted that the majority of his bretheren wouldn't dream of. same with phrenology. another great album from a bland rap group. sure, they use live instrumentalism, but for the most part, they don't offer me anything. i'd rather have a dr. dre production that an instrumental rap troupe. rap should be fun. i think, at least.

They've been said, but I'd alss give 5 mics to

It's Dark and Hell is Hot-DMX

Liquid Swords-Gza

Relection Eternal- Talib

and another that I cant think of off the top of my head....

I dunno if it should be considered five stars but I'd put Lucy Ford by Atmosphere up pretty high, 4 or 4.5 atleast.

Electric Circus was the bloat of a holier than thou egomaniac. Common puts out the occasional decent track, but his Street Jesus schtick grates.

the cover seems to indicate as much, musically i don't get that. if a rapper does something different, does it automatically make them an egomaniac?

edit: ill agree on the last two tracks of the album. ok, thats it.

Electric Circus was the bloat of a holier than thou egomaniac. Common puts out the occasional decent track, but his Street Jesus schtick grates.

the cover seems to indicate as much, musically i don't get that. if a rapper does something different, does it automatically make them an egomaniac?

I wasn't necessarily refering to Common on that one specific album, but, then, why was I calling a rapper an egomaniac, anyway? Aren't most, if not all?

i thought the mere fact that you called common, one who may seem relatively modest in comparison to his peers, egomaniacal to have a deeper meaning. but i understand.

Twiztid - Freek Show.

I kid, I kid.

lolz!

on the serious tip Mostasteless was a damn good rap cd.