TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Official Judgement Day Thread

Guest hasbeen

Don't do stars, but I didn't dislike a thing and I liked most of it a lot. Had a couple of laughs too, with the King James, King Kong, MLK, Don King pep speech. I do wish they'd keep the tag teams together, give more of them a combined team name instead of two individuals, but if they're not at least this split should result in some good things.

Guest wildpegasus
Surprisingly, this actually sounds like a good PPV from what I'm reading around the internet. I may actually stay up a little bit longer than usual tonight so I can start a download of it before I go to bed tonight.

I really don't know why they split up MNM though. That's silly.

Where can you get a download of the PPV at?

I'd say this was easily the second best WWE PPV of the year, right behind WM. The opener was great, with a hot crowd. Benoit-Finlay was MOTN, with an unheard of 20+ minutes (actually the longest match all night). The crowd didn't seem too bored despite alot of mat work. It probably ranks either second or third for MOTY up to this point with only Angle-Taker NWO ahead and Edge-Foley up against it.

Lame ending aside, Angle's beatdown of Henry was awesome. Angle's head did look like it was going to explode post-beatdown, though.

Taker-Khali was just bad. Taker jobbed clean to a boot and a chop if I'm not mistaking. A BOOT and a CHOP. Not to mention Khali stalled for about 5 seconds, and then covered with one foot.

JBL-Rey was okay, about on the same levels as their other matches. I assume it's officially RVD vs. Cena at ONS, then, unless JBL gets a TV rematch.

Just saw the PPV, and I thought it was pretty solid. I called in sick from work tonight, opting instead for a comfortibe seat in front of my 42" Plasma TV and the wrestling PPV. I can't say I regret the decision too much. Enjoyable card with quite a few surprisingly decent matches.

I expected the Khali vs Taker match to blow, and it was actually fairly decent. Khali still can't wrestle for shit, but he's so damn big and menacing he at might not have too. I have to say I think his finisher--a stupid chop to the head--is about the lamest finisher I ever saw. But it was good to see Taker job clean. I mean Taker is clearly at the end of his road, so why not job him to put other people over? Enough people have done as much to put him over in the past.

Angle and Henry was probably the worst match of the night, and even then it was fairly ok. I have to complain about count out finishes in PPV's though...thats just lame. People don't pay $35 for count outs.

Bad night for my girl Melina. Hopefully she'll show up at RAW. Splitting up MNM was a terrible decision on WWE's part.

Could WWE possibly consider having Chavo Guerrero turn on Rey Mysterio and having two cruiserweights feud over the heavyweight title?

not a bad idea, considering a good chunk of the Smackdown viewership demographic is Hispanic.

Sharmell: You're a better king than Martin Luther King!

Book: WHAAAAAAATTTTT!

I originally picked Lashley to win, but after thinking about it, it would've looked really silly for Lashley to be wearing the crown and robe, even for a minute.

You know what's interesting is that Chavo's turn makes quite a bit of sense if he did it on Rey. He could accuse Rey of not really caring about Eddie and mostly using Eddie's memory to get himself over. Which to be honest puts Chavo as the face in my book.

It's a shame SD does such a hideous job of hyping a PPV, because to me personally I have to seriously rationalize getting a SD PPV. This PPV sounds relatively decent from an effort standpoint, but when WWE doesn't give a shit why should I care enough to buy it?

Anyway I don't feel too bad about missing this show. When I see results such as Mark Henry d. Kurt Angle (countout) and Great Khali d. Undertaker I can't feel TOO bad about missing it.

Chavo will blame Eddie for everything...he'll say that even in death, he's holding him back, just like he did in life. He'll rennounce the Guerrero name or something along thos elines.

Chavo will blame Eddie for everything...he'll say that even in death, he's holding him back, just like he did in life. He'll rennounce the Guerrero name or something along thos elines.

...the return of Kerwin White?

Basically he will do the exact same angle he did a year ago?

Guest Princess Leena

Which is horrible, and how I hope that program bombs. Which I think has a good chance of happening, because the current Chavo just isn't a main eventer, in any way.

no it's not, he wouldn't act like some goofy white guy and change his name, he'd be the same person but with a bit more edge.

Rey/Chavo, has the opportunity to bomb worse then Nash/Sid and don't say the matches will be better because it doesn't matter.

You think that is a valid reason for WWE not to follow through with it? They did work the angle that you compared it to, Nash/Sid. It sucks, because it will fail and Vince McMahon will view it as proof that only guys like Chris Masters should be on the main event level.

I'd have him simply be jealous of Rey's successes since January (the Rumble win, the World title), feeling that Rey left him behind in the selfish pursuit of glory.

I could see Chavo turning on Rey at the GAB to set up

-Booker vs. Batista

-Rey vs. Chavo

at SummerSlam.

I'd have him simply be jealous of Rey's successes since January (the Rumble win, the World title), feeling that Rey left him behind in the selfish pursuit of glory.

I could see Chavo turning on Rey at the GAB to set up

-Booker vs. Batista

-Rey vs. Chavo

at SummerSlam.

exactly, only I wouldn't use that at Summerslam...I'd burn it at a throw away PPV like GAB.

Speaking of Booker...

Has it been confirmed that he's the Number 1 Contender for the title now?

I mean, I heard it mentioned on Velocity...but how many WWE higher ups REALLY pay attention to that?

Speaking of Booker...

Has it been confirmed that he's the Number 1 Contender for the title now?

I mean, I heard it mentioned on Velocity...but how many WWE higher ups REALLY pay attention to that?

Considering that Paul London has about 3-4 #1 contenderships stocked up from Velocity and has yet to get a single shot, chances are low that they don't pay attention.

I'm shocked they haven't accidently done London/Helms not thinking there was such a "#1 contendership" to London's name.

Rey/Chavo, has the opportunity to bomb worse then Nash/Sid and don't say the matches will be better because it doesn't matter.

It matters to me, someone watchng the product.

I'm very excited that a Booker title run is looking more and more likely.

Unfortunately, when I went to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the show they said they weren't carrying it, even though they said they would when I called them earlier in the day. That was really gay.

I can't wait to get a DL of this show. It sounds pretty good.

Guest hasbeen

Attacking Melina could take him further as a heel, put her as a face, if they want to go that route.

Did Cole say that nobody has ever held the US and World Titles at the same time in just the WWE? Because Goldberg and Booker T held both in WCW.

Melina could serve as Mick Foley's Lita.

Which would lead to the mutants begging for a Lita/Melina lesbian angle.

I would be willing to subject myself to that.