TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO 5/22/06 Raw Thread in SIN CITY

Also I dunno if this went unnoticed by everyone else on this board, but it is either Vegas fans are really new, or really casual, but when Triple H said I got two words for you, it was like only 20% of the crowd even knew the two words were supposed to be "suck it" Is it possible that a lot of the DX fans were casuals who left Prowrestling over five years ago? Even the DX chants were weak at best.

Also I dunno if this went unnoticed by everyone else on this board, but it is either Vegas fans are really new, or really casual, but when Triple H said I got two words for you, it was like only 20% of the crowd even knew the two words were supposed to be "suck it" Is it possible that a lot of the DX fans were casuals who left Prowrestling over five years ago? Even the DX chants were weak at best.

That's because the other 80 percent knew he was going to say I'm sorry. First thing that came to my mind when I did hear the people in the arena screaming suck was 'Shut the hell up, obviously, even if only by the look on his face, he's gonna say I'm sorry".

IMO, it's better they aren't full fledged on the Suck it, and DX chants. I mean, for one, how could they be? It's definitely not like HHH is leaning towards the idea of DX. If he was at least subtlely helping Shawn, I could see it, but he isn't even doing that yet.

Obviously HHH botched that Spinebuster. *sigh*

It was really fault on Cena's part for the Vandaminator missing. If you slow-mo the thing, the Vandaminator is pretty much as picture perfect of a form it can get. Cena just didn't have it out to his right enough. Kind of like when Kane didn't hold the chair close enough for RVD to give Storm the VanTerminator (unlike Jeff Hardy a few months previously) and it made it look like RVD didn't make it to Storm, when he really made it as close as he always does.

No, RVD's aim was way off. Cena shouldn't have to move his face/briefcase because RVD whiffed him.

RAW gets a free pass tonight just for the "Sure, I killed his unborn fetus one time... but we're totally past that now."

It's a scary time when Snitsky is saving a show.

Heyman was pretty cool but Funk about fell down six times and Foley couldn't get over the block, the Vegas crowd made RVD out to be heel for some reason (although getting an advantage from Masters didn't help), and that HBK gets beatdown stuff is getting extremely tiring.

And they have burned me out on the Spirit Squad. I like their moves but I'm sick and tired of seeing them now.

Spirit Squad used to be fine, but I don't need to see them in the Main Event each and every week of RAW.

I thought they were trying to set up RVD to be a heel going into ONS? I know they don't want to turn Cena heel, and they sure as hell don't want him to match up with another face... but it's not like it will matter.

Hey guys, just got back from the show. Had a great time. I was also able to get with basically the whole roster and I didn't have a problem with anybody, except Edge who blew me off because I was wearing a Y2J shirt. :lol:

Then I went over the Best Buy right afterwards and meet RVD and Maria. It was a long line, but it worked out afterall. I asked RVD, whose ass he'd rather kick to finally win the world title between Cena and Mysterio. His response:

Rey would be cool, but I want Cena no question!

Hey guys, just got back from the show. Had a great time. I was also able to get with basically the whole roster and I didn't have a problem with anybody, except Edge who blew me off because I was wearing a Y2J shirt. :lol:

Then I went over the Best Buy right afterwards and meet RVD and Maria. It was a long line, but it worked out afterall. I asked Cena, whose ass he'd rather kick to finally win the world title between Cena and Mysterio. His response:

Rey would be cool, but I want Cena no question!

I'm assuming you mistyped RVD for Cena. Nice response.

I think Kenny botched the spinebuster because he didn't want to land on the fucking sledgehammer.

Overall, decent show.

The Cena match was better then I expected.

And Snitsky's line made my day.

An OK Raw. I like the slow-burner build up to this DX thing. The ECW angle is still not exciting me.

Snitsky's line was gold!!!

As far as what NoCalMike said about DX, let's face it: DX wasn't ever all that much. I personally hold little nostalgia for DX or have ever found myself thinking "Gee, I wish HHH and Shawn would get DX back together." HHH is so far removed from his DX days that it's almost anachronistic seeing him crack jokes.

And another part of this is that most of the members of DX were shitty anyway. They were the epitome of the Attitude Era, which was an era more about silly skits and catchphrases than any notable in ring accomplishments. The Michaels/HHH DX unit was around mostly when the WWF was #2 to WCW, and at that point they did some funny stuff but were essentially a cut rate version of the NWO.

The post WM 14 DX was mostly a midcard act. Stuff like them harrassing WCW employees at the CNN center was amusing but it has taken on an importance it doesn't really deserve. Does anyone really want X-Pac back? The Road Dog and Billy Gunn? Chyna? It'd be horrible and they would all be stale again in a month.

In terms of the 1998 era, DX's feud with the Nation is a distant 3rd to the other, more interesting things on Raw. Austin/McMahon was obviously the big draw, and I'd say the UT/Kane/Mankind stuff was also a bigger draw.

The other incarnation of DX in late 1999 and early 2000 was mostly a group used as HHH's flunkies. Again, why am I supposed to want this group to get back together?

Hmm...will Beth Pheonix start off with psychic powers, keep dying and coming back, turn evil with special new powers, marry a guy who wears a weird eyepiece, and such?

No X-Men fans reading this thread, I'm afraid...

As far as what NoCalMike said about DX, let's face it: DX wasn't ever all that much. I personally hold little nostalgia for DX or have ever found myself thinking "Gee, I wish HHH and Shawn would get DX back together." HHH is so far removed from his DX days that it's almost anachronistic seeing him crack jokes.

And another part of this is that most of the members of DX were shitty anyway. They were the epitome of the Attitude Era, which was an era more about silly skits and catchphrases than any notable in ring accomplishments. The Michaels/HHH DX unit was around mostly when the WWF was #2 to WCW, and at that point they did some funny stuff but were essentially a cut rate version of the NWO.

The post WM 14 DX was mostly a midcard act. Stuff like them harrassing WCW employees at the CNN center was amusing but it has taken on an importance it doesn't really deserve. Does anyone really want X-Pac back? The Road Dog and Billy Gunn? Chyna? It'd be horrible and they would all be stale again in a month.

In terms of the 1998 era, DX's feud with the Nation is a distant 3rd to the other, more interesting things on Raw. Austin/McMahon was obviously the big draw, and I'd say the UT/Kane/Mankind stuff was also a bigger draw.

The other incarnation of DX in late 1999 and early 2000 was mostly a group used as HHH's flunkies. Again, why am I supposed to want this group to get back together?

What he said. In spades.

Guest Princess Leena

And the funny things DX did back then, isn't going to translate well today.

This is all probably just part of setting up HHH/HBK part 152, where they can have masturbatory 78-minute matches that will be declared the greatest matches ever.

And throw in the DX name for some easy short-term merch sales.

I'd love to see a "Hart Foundation effect" with the ECW guys. They're the heels on WWE shows, but get treated like Gods on ECW programming. Unforchanly, that can't happen since ECW will be taped before a SD crowd.

I give that ECW before SD stuff about 1 month before they realize it makes no sense, bite the bullet, and set up a separate ECW TV taping.

I wonder if RVD realizes what he has wrought on himself? He's going to go from being a major star on Raw to headlining ECW, which Meltzer said WWE will unofficially consider its AA promotion (OVW is A ball, SD is AAA, Raw the major leagues). That'd be like being an All Star for the St. Louis Cardinals and then voluntarily wanting to be the MVP of the AA league with the Arkansas Travellers.

I give that ECW before SD stuff about 1 month before they realize it makes no sense, bite the bullet, and set up a separate ECW TV taping.

I wonder if RVD realizes what he has wrought on himself? He's going to go from being a major star on Raw to headlining ECW, which Meltzer said WWE will unofficially consider its AA promotion (OVW is A ball, SD is AAA, Raw the major leagues). That'd be like being an All Star for the St. Louis Cardinals and then voluntarily wanting to be the MVP of the AA league with the Arkansas Travellers.

Assuming he's not taking a pay cut, then I don't think he would care.

And the funny things DX did back then, isn't going to translate well today.

This is all probably just part of setting up HHH/HBK part 152, where they can have masturbatory 78-minute matches that will be declared the greatest matches ever.

And throw in the DX name for some easy short-term merch sales.

Well yeah considering that two 40 year old men shouldn't really be defining an era of 20-somethings. Like I said, I wouldn't mind seeing DX reuinite for one night, but beyond that it is lame.

You are probably right about it just being another attempt to setup HHH/HBK part whatever, where they have the SAME MATCH AGAIN, where HBK is battered for 20 minutes, only to kip up, no sell, and do a couple signature moves and then sweet chin music.

--Shawn Michaels will be having an MRI done on his knee later this week, which is why the Spirit Squad destroyed the knee last night. They are hopeful he will still be able to wrestle at Vengeance on 6/25, since the show is built around him.

Da Meltz.

The Heyman promo was classic old school in getting over the date of the PPV.

I don't know if they are simply planning to do HHH/Shawn again. Do they even know? I mean right now they don't know what the hell is going on due to the ECW restart, which should make Vengeance the mother of all lame duck PPVs.

It should also prove amusing to see Edge on the jobbing end vs. Dreamer and Funk only to then turn around and get a title shot.

It should also prove amusing to see Edge on the jobbing end vs. Dreamer and Funk only to then turn around and get a title shot.

If Edge and Foley lose at ONS, then no way is Edge doing the job.

Exactly, they aren't going to let Edge lay down to a washed up retired never-was or a washed up should be tired legend who can hardly stumble down the ramp, before the Cena summer program. Especially since Foley will job for anyone but especially one of his best friends and someone he always put over.

Hmm...will Beth Pheonix start off with psychic powers, keep dying and coming back, turn evil with special new powers, marry a guy who wears a weird eyepiece, and such?

No X-Men fans reading this thread, I'm afraid...

I got the joke.

And I agree with pretty much everything that's been said about a DX reunion.

The only good that could come out of it would be if a few new guys were to join and be put over from it.

--Shawn Michaels will be having an MRI done on his knee later this week, which is why the Spirit Squad destroyed the knee last night. They are hopeful he will still be able to wrestle at Vengeance on 6/25, since the show is built around him.

Da Meltz.

As a follow up to this:

WWE.com has reported that Shawn Michaels MRI showed the need for knee surgery, which he will be undergoing shortly. It was expected that he would need surgery, but it is unclear how extensive the surgery would be and how long he will be out of action.

So the DX reunion will probably be HHH with Shawn as his manager?

Isn't that what the set-up for the fake DX reunion where HHH turned on Shawn was?

Guest Macaroni

Da Meltz.

The Heyman promo was classic old school in getting over the date of the PPV.

Anyone have a link to Heyman's promo and appearance? I did a quick search on Youtube but found nothing...trying Google video now...

--Raw did either a 3.6 or 3.7 last night. We'll update today when the final number comes in.

Da Meltz

That's about right. Way too much was going on last night to get much better than that.