TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

Rescue Me

So now that 24 has wrapped up and LOST does so on Wednesday, I can move on to my next favorite series. Last season had Tommy's son die, Lou get taken by a prostitute, the only female firefighter on the show leave and Teddy get arrested for shooting the drunk driver that killed Tommy's son.

The premiere is next Tuesday at 10 on FX. I remember that there are SOME fans of the show around here.

God, I hope there's a literal levity this season. Last season got so depressing at times, it was getting dangerously close to 6' Under's "I love this show, but I just can't take it anymore."

If you have an In/OnDemand service with your cable, there's a look at the new season along with a 15-minute or so "comedy short" that's pretty good.

If you don't, you can watch the short here and read an interview with Denis Leary here.

I watched season 1 on dvd and rewatched various episodes of season 2 on my DVR over the holiday break to set myself up for tonight's return.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Episode 2, Discovery airs tonight at 10pm.

Watching Tommy go bat crazy to bring that girl back to life was awesome.

Course he didn't punch anyone so me and my friend lost our "time into the show before Tommy punches someone" bet.

Last week was a good slow start to the season, they pretty much wrapped up last season and started a slow burn for this season without really blowing it's load.

I absolutely loved last night's episode. It had a good mix of comedic and dramatic elements, but I was kind of surprised that they would have Tommy find out about his brother and ex the very next episode (usually these things are drawn out). They definitely introduced/moved a lot of storylines along (Franco and the older woman, Probie possibly leaving the house, Tommy and his brother) Next week's show (which looks like it should be called "Sean Scared Shitless") should be really good as well.

The look on the guy with the cut hand's face when he realized that this party might be exciting after all...

"I think Probie might be dating someone at this party, what about you?"

"No! I'm not dating someone at this party! *storms off*"

Glorious.

You know, ever since last season, I've been trying to place the drunk driver that killed Tommy's kid. Then the first episode of this season it struck me: I doubt it's him, but he looks EXACTLY like Joss Whedon.

And it's funny. I watched the first two seasons of Oz since the end of season 2 of Rescue Me. Johnny will never be anyone but Ryan O'Reilly to me now, even though I saw him as Johnny first.

It's the same for the guy that plays Schillinger. And Michael from Lost. Just shows you how strong Oz was as a show.

EDIT: Great start to the new season. The underwater sound effect when Tommy is just overtaken by rage was really cool, since that actually happens.

DOUBLE EDIT: And God, Janet is such a fucking vile, selfish character. Well I guess Tommy is too, but he has his charm. Janet may be my most hated character next to Nate Fisher.

Just caught the replay. Man Tommy fucked his shit up. Over the table, down the street, and through the car window. Haven't seen an asskicking like that on TV in quite a while.

Also noticed Janet grabbing her arm when Tommy shoved her onto the car. I can see a lawyer and a very messy divorce hearing in the next couple of episodes. You know Janet's going to bring up her arm in court and claim that Tommy was abusive so he never gets to see the daughters again. I agree K, Janet's pissing me off playing the victim in all this shit, a lot of it her own doing.

BTW, Garrity's going to get seriously messed up when Tommy finds out about him and his sister. I'm surprised Garrity wasn't running for the hills while Tommy was knocking the shit out of Johnny.

BTW, Garrity's going to get seriously messed up when Tommy finds out about him and his sister. I'm surprised Garrity wasn't running for the hills while Tommy was knocking the shit out of Johnny.

The way everyone's making a big deal about it, telling him Tommy's gonna kill him and what not I have a feeling it'll end up with Tommy just screwing with his head for a bit, but really not giving a damn.

Tommy already knows and he's too preoccupied with his ex to really care.

Yeah I actually had that suspiscion when Tommy saw Garrity take the cherry out of Maggie's drink at the party. How would Garrity know she doesn't put fruit in her drinks? But all Tommy did was just grunt and give a little bit of a "Shit" look. Didn't look pissed or anything.

It looks like next week he starts torturing Garrity, but in the interests of keeping the house together he'll just end up giving him the "If you hurt her I'll kill you speech". Either that or the "She's batshit insane I'd stay away from her" speech.

Yes I know I just did a 180, but that was upon further review and a second viewing.

Bah, no computer, missing out on good threads.

Glad that Dean Winters is in the opening credits now, he was in just about every ep last season and should have been in then.

The storyline I'm looking forward to is what Mike's gonna do, stick around and be a lifetime probie or move on to a new house (he's number two in the credits, so I doubt he's leaving)

The show took a slight dip from last week but that is to be expected. The difference was that this episode was much more comedic then last week and that felt fresh.

Probie not knowing his age, Lou's drunken stupor, Teddy's love for prison, Lou's rage and Tommy's interaction with Mrs. Turbody.

I'm pretty lost in whats going on. I completely missed the entire 2nd season. I'm waiting for my hollywood to get the 2nd season on dvd but till then, I'm watched Tuesday's episode and I'm trying to figure out everything still.