TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

The REAL Smackdown spoilers for 5.26.06

These spoilers seem to be legit:

From Frank Dee: Well it's been a few hours since I got back from the smackdown tapings here in Bakersfield, California and I thought I would send in some live notes thge best I could but let me start out and say that I have been to a lot of WWE shows and last nights tapings had to be the worse show i have ever been to.

Velocity matches

- Sylvan vs Matt Hardy. Sylvan got a lot of heat from the crowd but Hardy got a loud pop one of the biggest during the night matt hardy would defeat sylvan with the twist of fate.

- Gunner Scott vs ? short match with Gunner getting the win. Scott was very over with the crowd as a lot of people were chanting his name.

- Kid Kash and Jamie Noble vs Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki. good back in forth brawl here the finish came when noble and kash did a doosday type move for the win after the match funaki appeared to be hurt not sure if it was a work or not but lots of paramedics hit the ring and it took 10 minutes to get him out the ring. Scotty and Funaki were very over Kash and Noble really got no reaction from the crowd.

- Gregory Helms vs ? this match was quick as helms hit the nightmare on helm street for the win. Helms got a lot of heel heat from the crowd.

Now it was time for Smackdown!

They play a video to recap the judgment day ppv and show highlights of all the key matches and then out comes JBL who got a lot of heel heat coming out he starts a promo saying that at judgment it was a fluke win and that rey mysterio didn't beat him and that he wanted a rematch tonight for the world heavyweight title.This brought out the paper champion Rey Mysterio who was very over with the crowd he said that JBL put him in matches against men that wanted to destroy him and at judgment day he beat JBL. He said that tonight he wanted to see something he wanted to see JBL defend his U.S. title if JBL had the guts which JBL responded i will take on all challengers and Mysterio said okay well meet your challenger and out came Lashley and it was set U.S title match.

- JBL vs Lashley and with a spear out of no where Lashley becomes the New U.S champion. After the match JBL is in teddy longs office and says that he wanted rey mysterio tonight for the world title and teddy says no you just lost the us belt and thats it no more title shots jbl then looks as if he will hit long and long says if you do that then you will end up like mnm you feel me. JBL says that tonight if long would grant him a title match that if he couldn't beat rey that he would walk away from smackdown and long then agreed to the match tonight for the world title JBL vs REY MYSTERIO.

- Tatanka vs Simon Dean - Tatanka gets the win he was over as well. Backstage on the screen we see matt hardy and teddy long talking and who walks in but the man himself paul heyman he says that he is here to scout talent for his ECW project and teedy long said that he didn't like heyman and didn't want him snooping around his locker room and heyman says i understand and told long it's just business. Note very little reaction for ECW with two people chanting ECW! while everyone else did nothing.

- Mark Henry vs Chris Benoit - Henry had his entrance music done live by the three 6 mafia who were very very over with the crowd mark henry got good heat and chris benoit got a standing ovation as he entered the ring the match basically was designed to put chris benoit out of action as both men were counted out of the ring after the match mark henry beat the crap out of benoit slamming him several times into the post and benoit was bleeding from the mouth as henry left the ring area to alot of boos from the crowd benoit was takin to the back by emt's to a standing ovation.

- Up next was the crowning of Booker T as the 2006 king of the ring and out to present him with the crown was William

Regal who got no reaction from the crowd but that quickly changed when he got on the mic a loud you suck chant broke out as he introduced along with sharmell the one and only King Booker, booker got in the ring and called us his subjects and said that sharmell is the new queen as well and that they would rule smackdown with an iron fist and then william regal said for i think at least 15 minutes all hail king booker he kept repeating it over and over and over my god i thought i was gonna snap whew. Pretty much the booker segment minus the all hail king booker was funny as it got a lot of laughter from the crowd.

- Paul London and Spanky vs Nunzio and Vito - quick match as the new tag team champs got the win. London and Spanky were very over with the crowd as well.

- We see Mysterio in his locker room and in comes chavo guererro and he says that rey is not 100% tonight and that he was gonna go to the ring tonight with him to watch his back hmm next up we see finlay heading to the ring and behind him we see kurt angle talking to paul heyman.( NOTE DIDN'T LAST YEAR AT ECW ONE NIGHT STAND KURT ANGLE LED THE ANTI ECW CRUSADERS FROM SMACKDOWN BUT THIS YEAR HE IS TALKING TO PAUL HEYMAN OKAY WERE SUPPOSED TO FORGET THAT RIGHT OKAY BACK TO 2006 NOW). Finlay comes out to a good reaction from the crowd a lot of finlay fans the guy is really over and so was his opponent the pirate wannabe paul burchill this was a real good match but to quick for me as we would see finlay get the win and from under the ring out comes a midget dressed in green and he along with finlay attack burchill pretty funny.

- Up next WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH JBL VS REY MYSTERIO.This was a very lackluster main event with the crowd behind rey mysterio and me and my section chanting for jbl to beat the paper champion mysterio in the match jbl hit mysterio with a move i forget what it was but he got the three all i know is that mysterio's foot was on the rope and jbl thought he won the belt and there were alot of cheers for this as well then the ref said that the match will continue and rey and jbl brawled in the ring until jbl sent rey into the ref and knocked him "out" and jbl mocked eddie guererro and did the three amigos on rey mysterio a lot of people cheered this as it was jbl paying respect to eddie jbl then went for the clothesline from hell but went right in to the ref and it was in the 619 position on the ropes as rey wanted to hit the move so bad but didn't as he pulled jbl off the ref but jbl lowblowed mysterio which sent him to the outside for the still chair and chavo tried to stop him from getting the chair in to the ring and jbl hit chavo with the chair and jbl got in the ring and tried to hit rey with the chair but rey blocked it and hit a pretty crappy ddt onto the chair and then he hit jbl with the 619 and then the leg drop to get the 123! and your winner and still the undisputed paper world heavyweight champion rey mysterio! and that meant that JBL must leave smackdown so jbl is now gone from the already depleted smackdown roster oh that makes since and thats how the show ended.AFTERMATH: jbl was still in the ring for 10 more minutes as the crowd sang nananana nananana hey hey hey goodbye! and he was pissed and they thanked us for coming and that was it. Pretty much very crappy show in my opinion where was the mexicools and the undertaker or orlando jordan this show sucked to me and alot of other people as well very poor show coming off of the judgment day ppv.

biggest pops: Rey mysterio/Matt hardy/Lashley/three 6 mafia/Chris benoit. Biggest heat: JBL/Booker T/Mark Henry/Sylvan Hope you guys like my report as i did the best i could well thats it from a very lackluster smackdown from bakersfield california im Frank Dee so long folks.

And...

I was at this show. Previously posted results from the observer are false.

As I remember them...

Velocity:

Gunner Scott beat somebody I didn't recognize.

Noble & Kash beat Funaki & Scotty 2 Hotty. Funaki was stretchered out after.

Gregory Helms beat somebody I didn't recognize.

Smackdown:

JBL starts out with a promo challenging Rey Jr. to a title match. Rey reverses and gets JBL to defend his U.S. title against Lashley. 2 minutes later Lashley is the new champ. Later JBL throws a tantrum in the back and gets Teddy Long to grant him a World title shot later in the show with the stipulation that if JBL loses he has to quit Smackdown.

Tatanka beat Simon Dean.

Three 6 Mafia did a live performance of the new Mark Henry entrance music. Henry wrestled Benoit and it ended in a countout or DQ. Benoit was stretchered out after being repeatedly thrown back first to the ringpost.

Kendrick & London beat Nunzio & Vito.

Booker T. had his coronation hosted by Regal.

Finlay squashed Burchill and then attacked him with his midget.

Rey Jr. with Chavo Jr. in his corner retained over JBL.

All apologies if I missed anything or got stuff out of order but I wasn't exactly planning on filing a report.

If reports are correct, Ken Kennedy, Batista, AND Orton are all coming back in the next three weeks.........Just in time for Benoit, JBL, and MNM to be gone, putting Smackdown! in no better positioan than it has been.

As of THIS isolated week, Smackdown's injured list, whether kayfabe or real is:

Batista

Kennedy

Undertaker

Angle

Orton

JBL

Benoit

MNM

Boogeyman

Hardcore Holly

And to add to it, their about to lose their longtime color commentator, Tazz(best in the company). Smackdown! is nothing more than a shell of its former 2002, 2003 self when WWE management was debuting or moving star after star(Steiner, Rock, Nash, Goldberg) to Raw just to make it look almost credible to Smackdown!, which was tearing it up at the time. Look at the reaction to each brand's title match at Royal Rumble 2003. Polar opposites.

It's a shame really, as I always favored Smackdown! of the two.

For future reference, if you post spoilers that turn out to be fake, save everyone the headache and just edit your post with the real ones.

I almost expected there to be Teddy Long trying to re-do the King of the Ring match due to how that match ended.

But, glad they didn't go that route.

BOOKER FOR WORLD CHAMP!

Guest hasbeen
If reports are correct, Ken Kennedy, Batista, AND Orton are all coming back in the next three weeks.........Just in time for Benoit, JBL, and MNM to be gone, putting Smackdown! in no better positioan than it has been.

As of THIS isolated week, Smackdown's injured list, whether kayfabe or real is:

Batista

Kennedy

Undertaker

Angle

Orton

JBL

Benoit

MNM

Boogeyman

Hardcore Holly

And to add to it, their about to lose their longtime color commentator, Tazz(best in the company). Smackdown! is nothing more than a shell of its former 2002, 2003 self when WWE management was debuting or moving star after star(Steiner, Rock, Nash, Goldberg) to Raw just to make it look almost credible to Smackdown!, which was tearing it up at the time. Look at the reaction to each brand's title match at Royal Rumble 2003. Polar opposites.

It's a shame really, as I always favored Smackdown! of the two.

Here's what I could come up with, divided by available faces, heels, and tweeners or guys I don't know what's being done with right now.

Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Gunner Scott, Lashley, Matt Hardy, Paul Burchill, Psychosis, Super Crazy, Rey Mysterio, Scotty 2 Hotty, Tatanka, Undertaker

Booker T, Daivari, Great Khali, Finley, Gymini, Gregory Helms, Jamie Knoble, Mercury, Kid Kash, Mark Henry, Orlando Jordan, Road Warrior, Steven Richards, Simon Dean, Sylvan

Doug Basham, William Regal, Nunzio, Big Vito

Doesn't seem like much, but you could keep the main events going with Mysterio, Lashley, Booker T, Mark Henry, Finley, maybe a six-man with Mysterio, Lashley and a Gunner Scott with Benoit seconding him, hopefully this might cause them to bring Matt Hardy back from the bottom of the heap. Mercury could be moved up quick too. Undertaker and Khali stuff could be put at the end of a show too. I saw a lot of World Class in the 80s and it seemed like they had a 12 or 15 man roster, different times but still it's not as bad as it looks especially with some supposed to get back soon. If they got any guts, they would put Kendrick and London in a main event against maybe a Finley and Booker, nothing wrong with tag team matches actually being important. I'd like to see Daivari back in the ring too is why I added him. I counted about 30 available talents each for Raw and Smackdown, that's not including guys like Austin, Rock and Hogan they have as Raw talents for some reason.

Somebody posted an angle about Daivari becoming an active wrestler again, not too long ago.

It was really good too, I can't remember much about it, though.

It ended with him being Cruiser Weight Champion...

Between all the fake spoilers, I'll just say I've read some good stuff and some really fucking bad stuff that might have happened.

That's shitty that SmackDown is loosing Beniot and JBL.

While Beniot is out, Gunner should start dedicating all his matches to his mentor, Beniot.

Have him beat Finlay, and some other guys Benoit was fueding with.

Keep building Gunner up untill Beniot comes back in about two months, at which point Gunner is acting heelish, like he doesn't need Beniot any more, and he's better then him.

Have Benoit beat Henry when he returns, then have Gunner be determined to do the same, to prove he really is better then Benoit.

Gunner fails to beat Henry, Benoit tries to talk to Gunner, Gunner cuts a promo on Beniot.

Beniot tells Gunner the only way to prove he's better then Benoit is to beat Benoit.

They brawl. Instant Teacher vs. Student fued.

At the end, Gunner can either remain heel, or turn face again.

Either way, it could put the guy over big, which is what Benoit seems to want to do.

And yeah, I'm down with King Booker as The NEW World Heavy Weight Champion, some time in this summer.

How did we not hear about the JBL injury until now? These injuries are seriously detrimental to the brand. Hopefully Kurt will resume at least an on-air role after next week, Kennedy will return soon, and we can at least have viginettes or promos from many of these soon returning stars to keep interest high. God, I miss Eddie. He could carry even this show.

Guest Princess Leena

I'll be the only one who's disappointed that the Gymini are nowhere to be found in either show. I like their work. And I generally like big hoss tag teams.

I think JBL is going to be part of ECW. Metlzer noted a few weeks ago that WWE want to send a couple of mid to top level heels to ECW to help them draw on the road, and I think JBL will be one of them. JBL being a heel in the new ECW makes perfect sense based on what happened at the first One Night Stand, and he'll be super over as a heel. While he might be stale on Smackdown, he'd be fresh again in ECW, even more than if he showed up on Raw.

I'll be the only one who's disappointed that the Gymini are nowhere to be found in either show. I like their work. And I generally like big hoss tag teams.

.....didn't you have them on your fantasy team for the week?

I think JBL is going to be part of ECW. Metlzer noted a few weeks ago that WWE want to send a couple of mid to top level heels to ECW to help them draw on the road, and I think JBL will be one of them. JBL being a heel in the new ECW makes perfect sense based on what happened at the first One Night Stand, and he'll be super over as a heel. While he might be stale on Smackdown, he'd be fresh again in ECW, even more than if he showed up on Raw.

With all the guys going to ECW, I think a lot of people are going to struggle to find reasons to watch RAW and SMACKDOWN.

Guest Princess Leena

.....didn't you have them on your fantasy team for the week?

Yes. But, mostly because I mark for them. I won't have them on my team anymore, though. :(

I guess it is. Looks like the same chick from the other avis.

Of course we all know Leena isn't real, and it's some dude jacking a bunch of pics from som chick, and posting as an elaberate gimmick.

Lashley with a title win... lets add 20pts to the UTB Scorpions.

Thank you Lashley... ya big Farooq / Ahmed Johnson clone

He's the WWE's clone of the two...

Honestly, I like the big sum'bitch and am fuckin glad he's got a title 'round his waist now.

Now hopfully, he won't become a beer swilling drunk, or showing up in pink crushed velvet jumpsuits

He just needs to do something to deepen his voice.

Unless they can pull off a soft spoken monster with a heart of gold who totally fucks shit up.

But I hear the best way to get a deeper voice for a pro wrestler is breaking your neck, the surgery does wonders.

Its not because he uses the dominator...

Lashley doesn't give me the Brock vibe because I don't think anyone will come along that's his build and be as athletic as him.

The Farooq/Ahmed comes from how he's a fuckin brick house (Ahmed) but you can see he's got a brawler side that blends with some great wrestling skills (Ron Johnson)

I think if they build him up like they did a Farooq or Ahmed, he'll be set. He's got the US belt, which is great...but I'd love to see him go up against Kurt or another technical wrestler (maybe Benoit?)

Hopfully he can stay healthy and become an even bigger cog of SD!...

Lashley's voice is alright if they adjust too it. Just don't have him yell or overact anything... he needs to be as laid back and low key as possible outside of the ring for it to work. Then when it comes match time, he can become a totally different guy.

Lashley's voice is alright if they adjust too it. Just don't have him yell or overact anything... he needs to be as laid back and low key as possible outside of the ring for it to work. Then when it comes match time, he can become a totally different guy.

Right. Which is why I said, "Unless they can pull off a soft spoken monster with a heart of gold who totally fucks shit up."

Kinda get a Monty Brown vibe from him, too.

At a Royal Rumble party at his bar, Scott D'amore quipped "Hey look it's Monty Brown without the charimsa" when Lashley came out.