TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

WWE Pay-Per-View Price Increasing

You need to be rich to pay $39.95? That's not that much money.

The WWE fanbase is poor, that's been soundly proven for years.

What kind of money do you have? That is a pretty good chunk of change each month. I'd much rather put that towards two DVDs, a video game or whatever.

Besides, this is a horrible idea. The hardcore fans will pay anything, but even if there is a $5.00 increase, it can drive away the casual fans. $40 looks like a lot more than $35, even though it isn't that much more. I was thinking of getting ONS2, but since it is $40, I won't be getting it. I guess I am a casual fan now because I don't really watch wrestling anymore. So if a price like that stops me from buying a PPV, then it will stop other fans too. It might make them more money per-buy, but it will probably drive away some buys too.

And if ONS2 is a good PPV, I can just buy the DVD a few weeks later for $20.00.

this will probably just make a lot more fans try and get some illegal black boxes and satelliete cards

or not

personally its ok since the dvds are cheap, but its not the same as watching it live. (except for last year when one night stand came out on dvd 2 weeks after the show, so I avoided the results online and saw it "live")

Im shocked it took him 4 years (2002 was when the price for non mania shows went to 34.95, starting with backlash 02)