TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sly

Post your introduction promos~!

I didn't have an introduction promo. I debuted in a #1 contenders match.

And one.

And then ELM slayed me. But really, isn't that how it always works?

Well... surely you guys had some sort of promo along the way that actually explained your character, right?

It's on my old computer. Somewhere on IGN also. The gist of it was me coming out after the main event and declaring how awesome and ready to take over the fed I was. Hindsight, etc. Just a typical n00b promo.

My amazing intro promo involved Snow Demon sitting on a couch making fun of Ted Flink.

Poorly.

This was followed by my debut, where (if I'm remembering correctly) I ran some guy over with a snowplow and then hit him with my finisher... a La Magistral cradle. Which was called the Snow Plow.

Seriously, it's all on IGN, and it's pretty spectacular.

Well... surely you guys had some sort of promo along the way that actually explained your character, right?
No.

Well... aren't you the boring one, then. :huh:

It's an effective way to tell a story, though. I just find that it adds a certain something when a person has an actual background to them... something to build off of, you know. And it gives them a depth outside of the ring, too.

It's an effective way to tell a story, though. I just find that it adds a certain something when a person has an actual background to them... something to build off of, you know. And it gives them a depth outside of the ring, too.
What do I need build for? I've managed to be involved in a handful of extended feuds without WC's "real life" having much, if anything, to do with them. In fact, I did about a four-month program with Pretzler and another four-month program with Hawke that basically just consisted of the three of us writing matches. They may never win FOTY, but that's never been a goal of mine.

Promos have their place and everything, but I just don't think that they're essential for a character or a feud to get over: one of my favorite feuds ever in the history of the fed (Danny/Mak) had basically no promos whatsoever.

Pretzler promoed pretty heavily in that, if I recall. But other than that, I'm taking your view on this, except for when you're just building to one match - as I am with Va'aiga - and promoing is really the only way to do it.

I wouldn't say that he promoed "heavily." He probably did a handful of show promos; he definitely didn't do any board promos, which I think would be more in line with the sort of "add depth to your character" promos that Sly seems to be talking about here.

I concede the point for a one-shot, though; be rather hard to build up to a one-shot without promoage.

Hey Danny (or someone else who's into puro), do they do a lot of promoing in Puro, or do they rely mostly on the matches themselves to tell/sell the story?

Perhaps I came off as being a jerk somehow, but when I stated my opinion, I just wanted to share my opinion. I didn't mean for you to try to crush it by any means possible and thus waste another thread on the community board. :)

I just mean that I thought we were having an interesting discussion; I didn't realize that you interpreted that as me trying to "crush your opinion by any means possible," or "wasting" your thread.

Mea culpa.

I'm sorry. Here, let's have a moment of bonding by making fun of Zed instead.

(12:36am) (@Zed) If you couldn't get it up, you'd be worried, too.

I've seen a bunch of FMW tapes and yes the stories are all ABOUT wrestling (no spilled coffee) but they're not limited to the matches - pre & post match shenanigans, backstage interviews & angles.

it's not as big as in the US but it's there