TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

What the Fuck happened to RVD's heat?

Guest Kobe24KGold

Dude is getting booed now? WTF

And what's up with Cena suddenly being cheered now?

Tacoma is a horrible town to host a wrestling show. It would have bee more worth it to have it in Seattle at KeyArena. That is probably why it's been 5 years since the last show (The WCW RAW) there.

sence RVD is affliated with the new ECW. the fans probablly don't care much anymore. WWE fans don't give a shit about ECW.

Guest Kobe24KGold

I just hope Vince doesn't use it against Van Dam and the new ECW.

Does anyone else think RVD will get booed or atleast receive plenty of "you fucked up" chants at One Night Stand if he's as sloppy and unmotivated as he's been the past few weeks?

I'm starting to think he should turn heel after ECW hits Sci-Fi, with the storyline being that he's bitter because Paul E. wants to take ECW in a different direction and with a bigger star (Kurt Angle).

Does anyone else think RVD will get booed or atleast receive plenty of "you fucked up" chants at One Night Stand if he's as sloppy and unmotivated as he's been the past few weeks?

WEEKS?

Years more like. It's not 1999 (or at a push, 2001) anymore and RVD's getting stagnant. A heel turn would be the best thing for his career right now.

I don't get the love for him, I really don't. His matches are as predictable as Flair's. There's literally dozens and dozens of wrestlers on the indies who can do what RVD's so famed for and do it better. His promos are abysmal, not exagerration. And it's been the same character for 5 years.

The ECW revival hasn't been handled very well. Heyman just mentions "ECW is coming back full-time" out of nowhere in his promo tonight.

Exactly. This whole ECW thing is messed up and RVD's paying the price in terms of lost heat. He's not getting booed because the fans are bored by him.

Part of the problem is ECW never toured a lot of the cities WWE is now running in with this angle. Why should people in Tacoma care about ECW if they only were able to see it on TV, probably very late in ECW's original lifespan, and ECW never ran any shows there? WWE is trying to act like ECW was this huge national promotion, when really it wasn't.

ECW fans cheering for JOHN CENA over RVD?

No. Not a chance.

The problem right now is that for the past 3 weeks WWE has been running in California, WA, and OR, areas that are mainly know for "sheepish" crowds. Next week they'll be back in the east coast where the crowds aren't so sheepish and understand whats going on a big better. I'm guessing within the next two weeks, things will be change.

The problem right now is that for the past 3 weeks WWE has been running in California, WA, and OR, areas that are mainly know for "sheepish" crowds. Next week they'll be back in the east coast where the crowds aren't so sheepish and understand whats going on a big better. I'm guessing within the next two weeks, things will be change.

West Coast crowds understand exactly what is going on. They just don't care because they don't find it entertaining.

ECW wasn't big on the West Coast. They barely ran any shows there and they didn't focus on appealing to that population. It was an Eastern coast phenomenon that couldn't afford to venture out of that region too many times. So the fact that WWE continues to run all these ECW storylines in a portion of the country that held no connection to the federation in its glory days is counterproductive to building interest for both One Night Stand and the revival of the ECW brand.

The real test now is going to be how the crowd responds in Pittsburgh. WWE needs to actually establish a fanbase in these Western coast towns -- to establish the ECW brand to these people that have never dealt with it closely before -- before they expect the federation to earn a huge crowd reaction and flowing cash.

It hasn't been the same since the crowd cheered "ECW" loudly and RVD was all "I WANT YOU GUYS TO CHANT THREE LETTERS AND IT AIN'T RVD". After that, the crickets were the only ones chanting.

Note: RVD's quote was all caps because he doesn't know how to shoot a promo without yelling incessantly.

I don't like RVD nearly as much as I used to. He's sloppy as hell, and he holds back on nearly every single one of his moves. I don't know if we will ever get the late 90's RVD back, so instead of keeping him the same character he has been, turn him heel to fued with someone in ECW. I liked the idea of him going against Paul E. to keep him somewhat fresh.

I just hope Vince doesn't use it against Van Dam and the new ECW.

That's honestly what I'm afraid will end up happening.

West Coast crowds understand exactly what is going on. They just don't care because they don't find it entertaining.

No, west coast crowds are particularly markish. I'm sure other west coasters can back me on this. Sacramento is one of these big mark areas.

No, west coast crowds are particularly markish. I'm sure other west coasters can back me on this. Sacramento is one of these big mark areas.

I'm glad you said that because I didn't want to be the only guy telling him he's wrong. I have worked wrestling shows in CA and in WA and know that crowds are pretty much markish. What your saying Karc doesn't make any sense. If the crowds don't find it entertaining enough to care about whats going on, why even go to the arena and pay to buy a ticket?

On a side note and random question: Darthtiki, do you go to SPW shows?

They HAVE to know that the ECW buildup has been utterly dire this year, compared to last years. And there's a lot more riding on it than just a PPV this time.

Hmmm. I'm almost starting to think that the McMahons want this to fail. Getting the ECW monkey off their back. They bring it back full time, it fails, and we never hear from Heyman again...

The ECW revival hasn't been handled very well. Heyman just mentions "ECW is coming back full-time" out of nowhere in his promo tonight.

Exactly. This whole ECW thing is messed up and RVD's paying the price in terms of lost heat. He's not getting booed because the fans are bored by him.

What I don't understand is Heyman drafting RVD.

Guest Coffey

Well, his heat dwindled because WWE didn't use him when he was hot. Then he went on the shelf for awhile and came back extra sloppy. The WWE style has really got to him, it appears. I can't stand to watch his sloppy forearms.

At one time, he was one of the most over people on the roster. Now people are confused because of the whole ECW thing compiled with the rest of the X-factors.

See, people keep saying "Oh, ECW doesn't get heat on the West Coast"...

...so, why the fuck are they creating a new brand and commiting to a new T.V show for half a country? If "ECW" is going to be even remotely successful they'll need to be popular everywhere, not just Philly and surrounding areas. You can't blame the WWE for doing "ECW" storylines on the West Coast because they need the West Coast to watch "ECW"...the East Coast fans will watch anyway, regardless of quality, because it's got the letters "ECW" involved.

See, people keep saying "Oh, ECW doesn't get heat on the West Coast"...

...so, why the fuck are they creating a new brand and commiting to a new T.V show for half a country? If "ECW" is going to be even remotely successful they'll need to be popular everywhere, not just Philly and surrounding areas. You can't blame the WWE for doing "ECW" storylines on the West Coast because they need the West Coast to watch "ECW"...the East Coast fans will watch anyway, regardless of quality, because it's got the letters "ECW" involved.

Cause its huge in NYC which is the center of the universe and the possibility of an ECW show selling out MSG :fight2: