TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

The PPV Situation

Okey-doke, time to suggest something and actually do something with this mod title thingy. With the way things have been recently especially, I really don't think having a PPV every month is working out that well. The four HD gap between PPVs is a little tight and a lot of things seem to be rushed through to get things done before the PPV. And, let's face it, some of the card for School's Out was pretty thin. It was quite clearly nothing more than a filler PPV for me and my storylines and I know I'm not the only one. And reading my matches, you can tell I don't have a lot of passion when I'm writing filler.

So, my proposal is basically to cut down on the amount of PPVs and hopefully they'll then become more important. Over at the SWF it's roughly 7 a year and it works out fine. I think it'd work better than what we're doing here at the moment, especially if we throw in one or two Syndicateds in between. It'd make the main PPVs like AngleSlam seem a lot more important and hopefully it'd convince people to write more matches for HeldDOWN as well.

All we'd need to figure out is which 4 or 5 PPVs to drop and we could make the decision immediately, with GAB the next and a definate keeper.

So, WHO'S WITH ME!?

Yeah, I'm with you. I'd do it like this:

AnglePalooza

Zero Hour

AngleMania

Living Angleously

School's Out

Great Angle Bash

License to Pin

AngleSlam

Dirty Deeds

World Without End

November Reign

Climax (replaced by making the Angle Awards/New Year's Spectacular show permanent)

This way, the "big" shows have two months build and people can use some of their match ideas for the dropped shows on HD or a Syndicated special (one in place of Zero Hour to help hype AM would work and perhaps another in the fall before NR). If you want to drop one more, either Living Angleously or School's Out would work out.

That'd work well. I don't think we should do a drop of 5 immediately because the new schedule will be a bit of an experiment as it is.

I'd be in favour of switching Zero Hour into Dirty Deeds' spot (September?) and dropping Dirty Deeds instead, if only because Papacita's probably got more to work with graphic wise with the name Zero Hour than any other PPV.

I did read this earlier, plus KC PM'd me about other stuff (which I'll reply to eventually today dude, fear not) and I've been giving it thought. My thoughts are somehwat like PK's.

Omit Zero Hour, License To Pin, Dirty Deeds for sure. I had figured to eliminate November Reign as well, because Climax is a Starrcade type event, IMO, with the November event being more expendable. Unless you want the final HD of December to come off as a Clash of the Champions type deal as the year-ender.

If we keep November Reign, I say omit World Without End as well, that way from AngleSlam to November Reign, we can build up quite a bit for a blowout year end PPV, and perhaps another special in between those (end of Sept./beginning of October)?

That'd work well. I don't think we should do a drop of 5 immediately because the new schedule will be a bit of an experiment as it is.

I'd be in favour of switching Zero Hour into Dirty Deeds' spot (September?) and dropping Dirty Deeds instead, if only because Papacita's probably got more to work with graphic wise with the name Zero Hour than any other PPV.

So that means this year there'd be two Zero Hours?

If we're gonna start off small, we can start with License To Pin being taken off the schedule this year. That way we build from GAB to Angleslam.

I've been advocating the reduction of PPVs for a while now, as Patty knows very well. If I only had KC's courage to stand up to The Man maybe we could've gotten this done sooner. :)

I'm in agreement with Zack that License to Pin should be the first to go this PPV year, followed by Dirty Deeds. After the number of elimination tags on last year's show, November Reign could be useful if we borrow the old the Survivor Series format, with the ME being Zack's War Games.

That leaves us free to do the occasion special -- Syndicated, our version of SNME, etc. -- like PK suggested.

So we're dropping LTP, and we're dropping

Either Dirty Deeds or World Without End

and

Either November Reign or Climax

this year, is what I'm gathering?

I vote we keep NR over Climax. I don't so much care between the other two. If we drop WWE, we could do like a Halloween special in its place or something.

I don't so much think we need Living Angleously, either. Next year, the schedule could look like this

Jan: Anglepalooza

Mar/early Apr: AngleMania

May: School's Out

June: Great Angle Bash

Aug: AngleSlam

Sep/Oct: Zero Hour

Nov: November Reign

We'd have the New Year's special, and Battlebowl the 4th of July. Or maybe make Battlebowl part of the GAB starting next year and we could have it in early/mid July if need be.

I've got no problems with running 8 PPVs a year. I'm agree with Alf and KC in that we should keep Zero Hour over Dirty Deeds, never really liked that PPV name anyway, and it only really provides us with a theme song. As for NR vs. Climax, Climax has sentimental value for me, but NR is the bigger PPV, I always saw it as our Survivor Series.

Drop LA and SO, replace it with our version of SNME in either late April or May. Having an SNME-type show rather than an actual PPV allows us to throw matches out there without it really needing a storyline, and it still allows for the post-AM rematch.

I sorta like having a close out PPV show, but I like NR as well. Maybe keep NR and having a special edition of HD subtitled Climax or something.

I sorta like having a close out PPV show, but I like NR as well. Maybe keep NR and having a special edition of HD subtitled Climax or something.

Now that's an idea. Either that, or we don't hold HD for that week and have a special SNME subtitled 'Climax'

I suggested above making a New Year's Spectacular kind of show (with the Angle Awards ceremony and a couple PPV-quality matches) a permanent fixture as a kind of "wrap-up" to the whole year.

I do like having all the elimination matches at NR lead up to a WarGames match. As an incentive of winning, offer like a $1 million prize to the winning team. OAOAST Million Dollar WarGames.

So, we've got potentially..

JAN- AnglePalooza

MAR/APR- AngleMania

MAY- School's Out

JUN- Great Angle Bash

AUG- AngleSlam

SEP- Zero Hour

NOV- November Reign

DEC- Climax AKA New Year's Spectacular/Angle Awards Show

Plus, one or two Syndicateds (which with the same organisation as last time would be like 'super HDs' more than secondary PPVs) and possibly BattleBowl, which as suggested could become part of a PPV and we could then stretch the tag matches through HDs (because last year the tag matches were pretty disappointing).

I think that'd work pretty smoothly. We have gaps before the big 2 (Mania, Slam) and Climax as the New Year's show would mean a semi break before the 3rd (Palooza). GAB and November Reign would be the next tier of shows, with School's Out and Zero Hour being the slightly 'lesser' PPVs with potential for Papacita to provide great graphics.

After thinking about it some more, I'm leaning towards keeping NYS for our last event of the year. Cancel that week's HD and call the show "New Year's Spectacular: The Final Climax." It's a win-win for all parties because both NYS & Climax survive the final cut.

When in doubt, consolidate!

Sign in to follow this