TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

State Your Unpopular Opinions

Easy concept for this thread. If you have an opinion that most fans wouldn't agree with, post them.

Heres mine:

-Ted Dibiase for GM. Fuck JBL, Candice, Shane, Steph, and even Dusty. He would probably get it though considering he has merchandise coming out.

-Kurt Angle is overrated

-WWF>> ECW,WCW,WWE, TNA,

-Joey Styles is underrated

-There hasnt been a good tag team division since the early 1990's

-95% of the IWC will jump back on Cena's bandwaggon when he turns heel.

-Randy Orton shouldn't return, he adds nothing to the show

-Vince McMahon shouldn't have an on-air persona.

- The Dynamite Kid WAS NOT that great.

-Rey Mysterio DESERVES THE TITLE

-Mic Skills doesn't make a champion

-Paul Heyman> Vince

-wrestling is the reason I watch, not mic skills

- Bret Hart screwed Bret Hart.

- The Raven/Tommy Dreamer and Tommy Dreamer/Sandman and Taz/Sabu feuds were three of top 10 greatest angles of all-time.

-Eric Bischoff is an excellent promoter and should be used by the WWE for creative input.

-Booker T should get a title run

-Venis, Simon Dean, Regal, Richards, Psicosis are all horribly misused and wasted talent

Add yours

Brock Lesnar was way overrated by TSM, and was basically a slug once Heyman stopped being his manager/mouthpiece.

Oh yeah, Kenny of The Spirit Squad is overrated to.

I am still amazed at how some wrestlers can captivate people because they can pull off one or two moves really really well, that look really nice, but other then those two moves, that they can't really work MATCHES.

You're probably right, as long as he goes back to the freestyle raps.

I miss them.

Umaga is shit and has no heat, but people here like him.

Guest J0bber

Here's mine:

-Randy Orton should return and get a title run around the length of JBL's. He knows how to play a great cocky heel, and he really is that backstage. As Jim Cornette stated on the "Monday Night War" DVD, most talent gets over by being themselves. Let Randy be himself a cocky, arrogant heel.

-Owen Hart deserved more sympathy by the WWE than Eddie Guerrero did.

-Chris Masters and Kane should be pushed.

-ECW should NOT return.

-A-Train should be rehired and placed on the Smackdown brand with fellow monster heels Kahli and Henry.

-Mark Henry is not a bad wrestler.

-The Great Kahli shouldn't job to anyone because of his tremendous, one of a kind size.

-The Undertaker is old and needs to retire.

-Repo Man was the greatest gimmick ever.

-The title should be kept on John Cena.

-Smackdown should become a live show.

Easy concept for this thread. If you have an opinion that most fans wouldn't agree with, post them.

Heres mine:

-Ted Dibiase for GM. Fuck JBL, Candice, Shane, Steph, and even Dusty. He would probably get it though considering he has merchandise coming out.

Sure. Why not

-Kurt Angle is overrated

Questionable, he isn't the greatest as some like the observer sees him as but he is one of the better talents in WWE

-WWF>> ECW,WCW,WWE, TNA

Have to be more specific with WWF. Are you talking as a whole or a specific time period?

-Joey Styles is underrated

Wrong. He really wasn't that good

-There hasnt been a good tag team division since the early 1990's

Wrong. The WWE was strong in tag teams from 1999-2001, it wasn't always just the TLC trio

Except, Cena won't turn for long time

-Randy Orton shouldn't return, he adds nothing to the show

With the lost of nearly every star, they need Orton again

-Vince McMahon shouldn't have an on-air persona.

He's good in short spurts

- The Dynamite Kid WAS NOT that great.

Insanely wrong and I'm sure WP is in the process of a 40 page rant

-Rey Mysterio DESERVES THE TITLE

You shouldn't get to carry a promotion because your best friend died, the other guys were hurt and the other was getting suspended

-Mic Skills doesn't make a champion

It absolutely does. Wrestling is a business driven by entertainment. Always has been, just the marketing of that concept has changed

-Paul Heyman> Vince

Both are failures despite how hard they cover up that reputation

-wrestling is the reason I watch, not mic skill

- Bret Hart screwed Bret Hart.

Like that needs to be rehashed again here

- The Raven/Tommy Dreamer and Tommy Dreamer/Sandman and Taz/Sabu feuds were three of top 10 greatest angles of all-time.

Agreed on the first two, not sold on the last one

-Eric Bischoff is an excellent promoter and should be used by the WWE for creative input.

No chance. He wasn't that creative as he didn't create anything other then the Nitro concept and stole ideas and talent from Heyman and other promotions around world.

-Booker T should get a title run

Yes

-Venis, Simon Dean, Regal, Richards, Psicosis are all horribly misused and wasted talent

Richards is chronically injured. He can't get used because you can't depend on him. Regal and Venis are core workers for the company and are looked at more highly then alot of the talent in the company

Add yours

Bryan Danielson is the most charismatic and entertaining world champion since The Rock. He is also the best new wrestler of this decade.

Umaga is shit and has no heat, but people here like him

FUCK UMANGA! The real star is Amando Alejandro Estrada who should be managing a stable of latino wrestlers. I would rather see AAE managing Super Crazy, Chavo, Carlito in ECW instead of wasting time with 90 second warning.

Here's mine:

-Randy Orton should return and get a title run around the length of JBL's. He knows how to play a great cocky heel, and he really is that backstage. As Jim Cornette stated on the "Monday Night War" DVD, most talent gets over by being themselves. Let Randy be himself a cocky, arrogant heel.

Orton with a 9-month reign? No thanks.

-Owen Hart deserved more sympathy by the WWE than Eddie Guerrero did.

Well I hate to play this card, but yes, Eddie was probably more responsible for his own death than Owen was, given his long history of substance abuse. However, I can't blame WWE for moving on so quickly after Owen's death, not that they should have forgotten him, but because they were facing a major lawsuit from the Harts and it would be best not to talk about him on air. That said, considering that they never had a heel come out and say that Owen was in Hell, a case could be made that WWE did show more sympathy for Owen.

-Chris Masters and Kane should be pushed.

Masters is quite mediocre, despite the support he's been getting on the internet as of late due to the rising popularity of hosses among "smart" fans. Considering the huge push he got last year which barely got him over at all, I'd say he needs to improve quite a bit before WWE should seriously push him. Kane, on the other hand, deserves a push in my opinion. He was a great heel in his '03-'04 run and WWE should have him recreate that character.

-ECW should NOT return.

It's worth a try. If it makes money for WWE, then it's all good.

-A-Train should be rehired and placed on the Smackdown brand with fellow monster heels Kahli and Henry.

I can't really think of anything that he could add.

-Mark Henry is not a bad wrestler.

I suppose not, but I don't understand all the online love that he's received since he came back.

-The Great Kahli shouldn't job to anyone because of his tremendous, one of a kind size.

Right.

-The Undertaker is old and needs to retire.

He still contributes. He has a couple of years left in him.

-Repo Man was the greatest gimmick ever.

Agreed!

-The title should be kept on John Cena.

Sure.

-Smackdown should become a live show.

It would cost WWE too much.

- Melina looks like Juvi in drag with breast implants. My opinion of her has not changed.

- Vince has never been entertaining

- Edge isn't good on the mic, has the personality of any member of Nickelback and deserved the title about as much as Hillbilly Jim

- Val Venis is doing just what he deserves to be doing, absolutely nothing.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Maria is ugly. She has an ugly nose, and makes an ugly face when she scrunches up her face trying to look "puzzled/confused/etc."

What I see in AAE is the man who has taken bits and pieces of the great managers of the past to formulate a parody of the generic manager from the good old days in WCW, WWF, FMW. And now here is the math:

Drunk Flair saying Ha Ha + Paul E. saying his name every damn time + Jim Cornette's suits + Victor Quines cigars + hat = the funny

RVD was never really that good

Kane's "wedding" with Lita was awesome

Maria is ugly. She has a ugly nose, and makes an ugly face when she scrunches up her face trying to look "puzzled/confused/etc."

I don't like this thread.

Randy Orton is better then anyone gives him credit for. (and I'm mostly referring to in ring ability)

I will agree he has the tendency to pull out way to many headlocks at times, but even then, Orton is one person that actually makes headlocks and other restholds look like they hurt. A lot of people love classic matches, and IMO most of them were nothing more then restholds and the occasional punch/kick/and double axe handle off the top rope (which is another unpopular opinion of mine)

I happen to think Orton/Edge had a great series of matches throughout 04-05. I'm not exactly sure which year they took place in. I think the match they had on the RAW with the Ironman match was an awesome match. Even if the ending was a little eh...because it involved Ric Flair, but it was still a good match that showed how good both of them could really be. (since most people seem to think that neither of them are that talented)

Eddie Guerrero is still alive. Why would they still be pushing him?

I like the Kane vs Kane storyline.

May 19th was one of the cleverest marketing campaigns that the WWE has done.

Californian (Anaheim) crowds aren't that quiet. We get lousy matches and angles. Yeah I know, ECW...

Speaking of which, I hated that quasi heel turn that Foley did. He hates ECW fans but yet ECW is going to be one major show. Should I boo him? I like ECW and WWE.

Half of you talk about Japanese wrestling and ***** but only 1/25 probably have seen any Japanese matches.

************** (stars) are overrated. People talk about them like they are factual or carry any meaning.

Speaking of Anaheim, Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart for 60 minutes was one of the most boring matches ever done on US soil.

Undertaker should keep his WM.

Big Show needs to be taken off the road and repushed or invent a time machine to go back to 1999. Why couldn't Vince push him like Andre.

Vince and Bischoff should have had a match at WM XX.

Owen Hart should have held the WWF title. He was like Bret except he was better on the mic and he is a high flyer.

If I don't have anything to do on Friday, I would watch Smackdown... even if Booker T and Boogeyman were fighting in a 60minute iron man match.

Booker T should be suspended for fighting with Batista. That was unprofessional.

I hate Dave Meltzer after reading his tribute to Eddy. I don't know but him writting that Eddy went to a doctor and the doctor said Eddy had the back of a 60 - 70 year old bothered me. I wondered how long Meltzer was holding on to this info. Dave probably knows everything about every wrestler.

I mark for Hogan.

Alright, random opinions without backing anything up. I can't help but join in myself.

-JBL is the most entertaining wrestler on the roster, and deserves another long title reign when he comes back.

-RVD always sucked, but he got better when he first joined the WWF and was forced to cut out most of the sillyness.

-These nostalgia acts like the DX Reunion and the new ECW are destined to fail when people realise that these are enivitably going to be cheap knockoffs, just like every other wrestling retread (see the new NWO, new Four Horsemen, new anything...)

-Except for a couple of brief periods during Chris Benoit's & Batista's world title pushes, Smackdown has been consistantly better than RAW ever since the brand split.

-RAW should be a taped show.

-Kane has been the most misused wrestler in history as far as crappy booking goes.

-Randy Orton is a better wrestler than he is a character. For some reason most people seem to think the opposite, despite the complete lack of reaction he gets from the audience.

-Giant Gonzales was better than Khali. At least he could do a chokeslam as a finisher.

-Undertaker is a better wrestler now than he has been for most of career.

-HHH has a credibility problem having been jobbed out repeatedly for most of the past year.

-Of all the wrestlers in the company, the guy I'm least interested in watching is Ric Flair, and that's including Khali. It is just sad at this point.

-Despite what WWE says, the World Title is their own creation, not a continuation of the WCW World Title. Same thing with the US Championship.

-The biggest match the company has available to them right now is Undertaker vs. Batista, preferably at Wrestlemania.

I hate Dave Meltzer after reading his tribute to Eddy. I don't know but him writting that Eddy went to a doctor and the doctor said Eddy had the back of a 60 - 70 year old bothered me. I wondered how long Meltzer was holding on to this info. Dave probably knows everything about every wrestler.

I'm sure the only way Dave could have found that out would be if Eddie or one of his close friends had told him.

What I see in AAE is the man who has taken bits and pieces of the great managers of the past to formulate a parody of the generic manager from the good old days in WCW, WWF, FMW. And now here is the math:

Drunk Flair saying Ha Ha + Paul E. saying his name every damn time + Jim Cornette's suits + Victor Quines cigars + hat = the funny

Long-ass goofy sounding latino name - stolen from Married with Children's Miranda Veracruz de la

Jolla Cardenal.

Long-ass goofy sounding latino name - stolen from Married with Children's Miranda Veracruz de la

Jolla Cardenal.

It's one of the oldest joke around apperently WWE Creative found out about it by watching Married with Children on FX.

-JBL is the most entertaining wrestler on the roster, and deserves another long title reign when he comes back.

-These nostalgia acts like the DX Reunion and the new ECW are destined to fail when people realise that these are enivitably going to be cheap knockoffs, just like every other wrestling retread (see the new NWO, new Four Horsemen, new anything...)

-Except for a couple of brief periods during Chris Benoit's & Batista's world title pushes, Smackdown has been consistantly better than RAW ever since the brand split.

-Kane has been the most misused wrestler in history as far as crappy booking goes.

-Giant Gonzales was better than Khali. At least he could do a chokeslam as a finisher.

-Despite what WWE says, the World Title is their own creation, not a continuation of the WCW World Title. Same thing with the US Championship.

I agree with all of these statements

Guest Fook

- A JBL vs HHH feud for the WWE title would be very entertaining.

- RVD is overrated as hell. He should never win a world title.

- Undertaker can still deliver in the ring when he wants to.

- Melina: Nice ass, bad face.

- Mark Henry is a bad wrestler, but he's not a dumb wrestler. He knows he's limited in the ring so he doesn't do anything except power moves, which he's good at.