TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

State Your Unpopular Opinions

Guest JustPassinBy

I'm a WWE attitude fan and find actual wrestling extremely boring. I think Shelton Benjamin and Chris Benoit are boring. Lance Storm was boring.

It was WWF Attitude, the company lost Attitude either when it changed the name or perhaps earlier depending on your perspective, but anyhow, I'm curious, do you prefer MMA or boxing or something like that to wrestling? And if you don't like "actual wrestling" what do you prefer? A Austin style brawl?

I like boxing and MMA.

I just dont like wrestling.

As for wrestling matches, the only way I'll watch for more than 5 minutes is if its a spot fest oriented match.

I basically have only watched WWE for the storylines and mic work.

Why is it that everyone suggests going to bars and getting drunk to meet women? God forbid you want a woman that *GASP* doesn't fuckin' drink.. There's a ton of places that you can meet women, you just have to be looking. Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, etc. don't always have to be involved. Just throwing it out there.

He's just talking about a slump buster.

I'm learning quite a bit about some of you in this thread.

Actually if the new ECW does shoot style worked matches (not sure why you think this is gonna happen) I could see it hurting MMA. Watch a match like Low Ki vs American Dragon where MMA spots are worked in perfectly and it can be more entertaining then a lot of MMA fights.

HBK and Kurt Angle's no-selling gets overlooked while a guy like RVD gets ripped a new asshole for it all the time.

I agree 100%. Kurt Angle can't sell at all and it's one of the main reasons I don't think he's nearly as good as a lot of people give him credit for. As far as HBK goes, seeing him hop up after being destroyed by the Spirit Squad for 5 minutes was way more ridiculous than anything RVD has ever done.

Actually if the new ECW does shoot style worked matches (not sure why you think this is gonna happen) I could see it hurting MMA. Watch a match like Low Ki vs American Dragon where MMA spots are worked in perfectly and it can be more entertaining then a lot of MMA fights.

I highly doubt it. At the end of the day, the difference between a shoot style pro-wrestling match & an actual MMA fight is huge, and will appeal to different tastes.

Why is it that everyone suggests going to bars and getting drunk to meet women? God forbid you want a woman that *GASP* doesn't fuckin' drink.. There's a ton of places that you can meet women, you just have to be looking. Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, etc. don't always have to be involved. Just throwing it out there.

He's just talking about a slump buster.

I'm learning quite a bit about some of you in this thread.

What the hell?

Anyways, LT is right about wrestlers being able to pull MMA moves off better than MMA guys, and why that's false. If that were the case, you could work any sport and make it look better. As we can tell from sports movies, this is not often the case.

I mean, I've learned why some people like crappy things that I don't, and why people like wrestlers that I don't. When I see the opinions in one post, it makes it much easier to understand.

As far as the slump buster comment, that's way back from page 2 or 3 that I quoted. I'd rather that be disregarded.

Taz-Angle could be feud of the year if Taz got back into wrestling shape.

Taz's. Neck. Is. Fucked. Up.

Why do people continue to push for Taz to get back in the ring. Apart from giving someone a Tazzmission, Taz's in-ring days are over. He's never wrestling again. Ever.

Taz-Angle could be feud of the year if Taz got back into wrestling shape.

Taz's. Neck. Is. Fucked. Up.

Why do people continue to push for Taz to get back in the ring. Apart from giving someone a Tazzmission, Taz's in-ring days are over. He's never wrestling again. Ever.

I think most people think that, with how many times Angle has come back with neck problems, Taz(z) has no excuse.

I don't agree, but that's what I see the reasoning being.

I mean, I've learned why some people like crappy things that I don't, and why people like wrestlers that I don't. When I see the opinions in one post, it makes it much easier to understand.

As far as the slump buster comment, that's way back from page 2 or 3 that I quoted. I'd rather that be disregarded.

I mean I Thought that was from another thread. I don't see that post you quoted anywhere, seems like it belongs in LSD.

This new dude came in and said that the people in the virgin thread in LSD need to stop spending time here and get drunk and laid in the process. Coffey came in and said, "not everyone has to drink to have fun".

But yes, the original post does belong in LSD, and they should have put it there instead of here.

Another one:

Chavo Guerrero sucks. The only reason he's had a job with WWE for the last 2 years is because of his last name.

Actually, I recall he had a match with Eddie back at a Bash at the Beach, it's on Eddie's DVD, and he shows he can do comedy and knows his spots, I think he's holding himself back something fierce to be WWE style

Guest Brian
Another one:

Chavo Guerrero sucks. The only reason he's had a job with WWE for the last 2 years is because of his last name.

Pepe

Guest Princess Leena

Chavo has bored me to tears in the last couple years.

I shouldn't start, because everything I like in wrestling is unpopular.

The only reason Chavo has a job now, is because of his last name. He had a job with WCW because he was good at what he did. While Eddie helped Chavo get his foot in the door, Chavo was still getting pushed after Eddie left because he was good and was one of the few cruisers who could connect with a crowd beyond just spots.

Chavo held his own in the SD 6 period and while people like to consider him the "weak-link" of the group, it's like being the weak link of the 1927 Yankees.

That being said, aside from when they paired him with family members and allowed him to expose his charisma and skills, they made him a heatless shell of what he once was. They pushed Rey so far ahead Chavo with the Eddie stuff, no wonder the crowd never responded to Chavo.

I am a mark. Sure, I am smart, but I like being a mark. I will watch this stuff till the day I die. I'll bitch and moan when things suck, but I'll never stop watching. I like being a mark for this business. Being a fan is really very fun.

Smackdown, albeit unfortunately, is a sinking ship. The talent is leaving en masse, Is Sabu going to beat Mysterio at ONS? I doubt it, but he may as well. No Angle, Benoit or JBL makes SD a pretty limited brand with just Taker and Rey Rey, and Batista and Orton coming back shortly. Im worried about this. ( i guess this isn't unpopular)

I like the direction HHH is taking, this slow build is fantastic.

Paul Heyman evicts emotion like no one else can on the microphone

Mick Foley, when he tries hard enough, aint bad either. He needs to stop wrestling though.

Jonathon Coachman 1000X > Vince McMahon as GM/matchmaker

Joey Styles was a great announcer, but only when he is by himself, with Heyman in his ear.

Shouldnt the main storyline on the show revolve around the champ?

Chris Masters will be great one day

Ken Kennedy should headline a wrestlemania within 3 years

JR using the phrase "Mount position" on RAW during the Angle/Foley scrap when they haven't said that in ages is a big indicator. Angle was putting more of an effort into the punches and Foley was selling them like they were legit.

It seems pretty clear that Angle is going to marketed as Tazz 2006. I wouldn't be surprised to see a shoot-wrestling type of title getting introduced to ECW for the "OMG STIFF" workers. I can also see submissions getting much quicker tapouts in ECW then anywhere else for a more realistic effect.

Oh my god he used a term he usually doesn't :o the bastard!! He should have busted out the "government mule" line instead

Oh and "Mount Position" sorta, kinda comes from Amatour wrestling originally doesn't it? Kinda like where Angle is from.

And As for Mick selling punches like they were legit - THAT BASTARD!! He should be laughing each time Kurt pretends to hit him, then just smile when he's in the Ankle lock and pop right up from the AngleSlam - you're calling GOOD SELLING ripping off MMA?

Let's not claim the WWE is ripping off a much less popular sport until you've got something more than "JR used a term also used in Amatour wrestling" and "Foley REALLY sold the punches" alright?

Whenever Kurt Angle is on tv all of his suplexes should be pronounced Su-play

Raw does not need a GM or Vince on tv every week

If Coach is going to be on tv he should be somebody's manager

Shane O Mac vs New Jack should be at ECW ONS

Raw AM > live Raw on Monday

Cena needs to change his gimmick to be like Jim Bruer, #1 metal fan but the bands he marks out for will be Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Dokken

Carlito needs a haircut

This is my first ever post on this site and for the record, Im not a smark or a mark...im just a fan of the WWE. With that said, here are my opinions...

ECW should not come back. It's obvious from the last few weeks that people favor the WWE more. I personally find ECW stupid and annoying.

Most of the time, people are percieved as faces or heels based on what JR says about them on the shows.

William Regal could have been a better main event type than JBL.

RVD should never ever touch a microphone again.

If Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer beat Edge and Mick Foley at ECW ONS, it will probably be the most unrealistic thing in the history of wrestling.

The Spirit Squad sucks, all five of them.

John Cena is the best thing going for the WWE right now. Some of you need to get off of this workrate and mat skills shit and focus on what matters, ratings and crowd attendance. When Ken Doane and Gunner Scott (no one really gives a shit about these two) sell out arenas, then I'll change my mind.

In reality, no one really cares about Smackdown anymore. I sure don't.

Carlito should be pushed.

Paul Burchill is the best and shouldnt be jobbed to Finlay and Road Warrior Animal. The WWE had something going with him. He got good fan support and it seemed as if he was going to get a push.

Kurt Angle was much more entertaining as a heel. He was the best when he had hair, drank milk, and had his three I's.

Last but not least...

The Rock and Stone Cold were the best things to ever happen to wrestling. I remember during the attitude era, even people who never watched wrestling tuned in to see what happened.

Mount is a BJJ term, though it could be from Judo or JJ as well since those predate BJJ and also influenced it. I've never seen a mount done in Amateur wrestling, mainly because its impractical, so I can't possibly imagine JR got it from Amateur wrestling when it is more than likely he got it from the UFC/MMA.

And selling punches in a WWE match is different from selling them like shoot punches. The main difference is there is way more theatrics in WWE selling. The question is, was Foley selling them differently than he normally does? I didn't see it, so that's up for you guys to decide. But there is no way ECW will steal from the UFCs audience. For one, part of the appeal in MMA is guys who are seen to be the best fighters in the world - so there goes that. Plus, there are few workers, PERIOD, that can work a convincing shoot match, and most of them are in Japan. It is very very very very very rare to have an American perform a good worked shoot. I dunno which Danielson/Low Ki match the person above was referencing, but I saw one which was trash. Where a triangle choke had none of the details right (which, oddly enough, TAKER was able to do better) and it was just one of the two crossing their ankles. A comment like that is something someone who has seen very little MMA would make, and MMA fans would shit on it. Not just hardcore fans, the fans in the arenas are getting more and more knowledgable and pick up the details and know the game to where they could easily see through any weak attempt at a pro wrestling simulation.

Worked Shoots suck.

That's not an unpopular opinion, just a statement of fact.

I doubt that ECW is going to be some MMA worked federation, but Angle might be a blender of Taz/Malenko as a shooter type badass gimmick, which I would buy into.

Here's an unpopular opinion for you.

ECW is going to be forced to run a Sci-Fi gimmick/angle and it's going to be OVER HUGE!

Worked Shoots suck.

That's not an unpopular opinion, just a statement of fact.

I doubt that ECW is going to be some MMA worked federation, but Angle might be a blender of Taz/Malenko as a shooter type badass gimmick, which I would buy into.

Here's an unpopular opinion for you.

ECW is going to be forced to run a Sci-Fi gimmick/angle and it's going to be OVER HUGE!

Heyman got the Boogeyman over, he is probably salivating right now with the requirement of Sci-Fi gimmicks.

It can't be hard for WWE to pull off, since Undertaker and Kane has been a long running sci-fi storyline.