TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

State Your Unpopular Opinions

Kiyoshi Tamura vs. The World says that worked shoots are so awesome, and that's a fact.

Let me rephrase every worked shoot I've seen has sucked.

There is a wealth of Sci Fi crap to rip off. Star Wars alone gives them a years worth of booking.

Will you bless us with soem of your comedy booking stylings, please?

A long time ago, in a promotion far, far, away...

It is a period of civil war. Rebel wrestlers, striking from a

hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic

Empire.

During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the

Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star, an armored wrestling ring

with enough power to destroy an entire arena.

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents, Princess Francine races home

aboard her starship, custodian of the stolen plans that can save her

people and restore freedom to the promotion...

(works best if you can scroll it)

Cast (leading up to ECWs first PPV ECW: A New Hope):

Punk Skywalker

Darth Angle

Princess Francine

Tommy-wan Dreamobi

C3P-Regal

R2-DTazz

Rob Han Dam

Sabaccha (aka Sabuewy)

*Eddie was over rated the last 6 months of his life.

*Snitski is so bad that he's fun to watch

*As long as Cena can get heat from the smarkiest of smarks then he's succeeding

*Smarks dont know nearly as much as they think they do

*Charlie Haas should never had been brought back

*Just because someone has smark fan-boys, it doesnt mean he should get a push

*Regal is over rated

*Marks would rather see big men wrestle than small cruiserweights

Carlito needs a haircut

BOOOOOOOOO! NEVER CUT THE FRO!

I think that Coach is an entertaining character and should remain as RAW GM.

Mount is a BJJ term, though it could be from Judo or JJ as well since those predate BJJ and also influenced it. I've never seen a mount done in Amateur wrestling, mainly because its impractical, so I can't possibly imagine JR got it from Amateur wrestling when it is more than likely he got it from the UFC/MMA.

And selling punches in a WWE match is different from selling them like shoot punches. The main difference is there is way more theatrics in WWE selling. The question is, was Foley selling them differently than he normally does? I didn't see it, so that's up for you guys to decide. But there is no way ECW will steal from the UFCs audience. For one, part of the appeal in MMA is guys who are seen to be the best fighters in the world - so there goes that. Plus, there are few workers, PERIOD, that can work a convincing shoot match, and most of them are in Japan. It is very very very very very rare to have an American perform a good worked shoot. I dunno which Danielson/Low Ki match the person above was referencing, but I saw one which was trash. Where a triangle choke had none of the details right (which, oddly enough, TAKER was able to do better) and it was just one of the two crossing their ankles. A comment like that is something someone who has seen very little MMA would make, and MMA fans would shit on it. Not just hardcore fans, the fans in the arenas are getting more and more knowledgable and pick up the details and know the game to where they could easily see through any weak attempt at a pro wrestling simulation.

The match I was talking about is the first one on American Dragon's best of DVD from Ring Of Honor, I'm not sure what show its from. They started the match working for MMA style submissions. Granted it was a work and they reversed each other more times than you'll see in a Carlos Newton vs Sakuraba fight. I'm a big MMA fan and I do realize that it would never be legit like that. But for the casual Ultimate Fighter fan who doesn't understand "real groundfighting" they might prefer to watch a "worked groundfight"

A. Because they are a mark

B. They don't have the patience for MMA

I dont think "WWE is copying MMA" hold any ground. Somewhere a person complained about that very same thing in the Taker vs Angle match. Oh no Taker uses a triangle choke etc. I mean come on wrestling is simulated combat. It grew out of a real sport which used real submissions. IT also reflects on the popular trend we see in society today. Of course MMA has grown quite popular which is probably why Taker uses those MMA style gloves and the triangle choke. However to say that WWE is imitating MMA is pretty ignorant. There are small elements in WWE that take inspiration from MMA but not a whole lot more.

UWFi on the othe rhand immitated MMA almost before there was such a thing. They did MMA in a wrestling contex and it worked very well for them for a while. I enjoy their product as well.

Mount is a BJJ term, though it could be from Judo or JJ as well since those predate BJJ and also influenced it. I've never seen a mount done in Amateur wrestling, mainly because its impractical, so I can't possibly imagine JR got it from Amateur wrestling when it is more than likely he got it from the UFC/MMA.

And selling punches in a WWE match is different from selling them like shoot punches. The main difference is there is way more theatrics in WWE selling. The question is, was Foley selling them differently than he normally does? I didn't see it, so that's up for you guys to decide. But there is no way ECW will steal from the UFCs audience. For one, part of the appeal in MMA is guys who are seen to be the best fighters in the world - so there goes that. Plus, there are few workers, PERIOD, that can work a convincing shoot match, and most of them are in Japan. It is very very very very very rare to have an American perform a good worked shoot. I dunno which Danielson/Low Ki match the person above was referencing, but I saw one which was trash. Where a triangle choke had none of the details right (which, oddly enough, TAKER was able to do better) and it was just one of the two crossing their ankles. A comment like that is something someone who has seen very little MMA would make, and MMA fans would shit on it. Not just hardcore fans, the fans in the arenas are getting more and more knowledgable and pick up the details and know the game to where they could easily see through any weak attempt at a pro wrestling simulation.

The match I was talking about is the first one on American Dragon's best of DVD from Ring Of Honor, I'm not sure what match its from. They started the match working for MMA style submissions. Granted it was a work and they reversed each other more times than you'll see in Carlos Newton vs Sakuraba fight. I'm a big MMA fan and I do realize that it wouldn't never be legit like that. But for the casual Ultimate Fighter fan who don't understand "real groundfighting" they might prefer to watch a "worked groundfight"

A. Because they are a mark

B. They don't have the patience for MMA

The thing is, the average mark who doesn't have the patience for groundfighting isn't going to stick with MMA anyways, so it's hardly like they're stealing away a hardcore or even a casual fan as much as someone who was probably never going to be part of the MMA fanbase, and most harcore MMA fans will simply not accept something that isn't the real deal. Angle/Puder is the only time in recent memory that a large number of MMA fans were interested in something going on in the pro wrestling community, and that was largely because it was the idea of one of "us" going against one of "them" in a real situation, which couldn't realistically happen on a regular basis.

- Randy Orton is not terrible

- The Spirit Squad is a good heel stable

- Snitsky and Goldust skits ARE funny

- The double Kane angle IS good TV (Vince apparently hates it though)

- Snitsky CAN have decent matches these days

- Shoot fights are boring

- HHH is a solid worker

- Estrada is not the promo man the OVW marks have made me assume he was. While I'm sure WWE is to blame, he joins list of people I've heard nothing but good things about from the OVW community that I could care less about when they were on WWE TV (Heartbreakers, The Damaja, etc.).

Guest Coffey
- Estrada is not the promo man the OVW marks have made me assume he was.

WHAT!? Did you not hear about the "Double Yepardy" match? Ha-Ha!

SmackDown is still a more entertaining show than Raw

the Kane storyline is the best thing going on in WWE right now

I pray to god RVD wins the WWE title at ONS, Cena's title run had run it's course a LONG time ago.

Burchill's Pirate gimick is awesome, they should of at least game him a new name to go along with his gimick. Paul the pirate doesn't sound right.

Undertaker should with the World Heavyweight Title sometime this year.

Coach as Raw GM(or ex assistant) is fucking horrible.

*Randy Orton & John Cena are not that bad in the ring.

*I'd take a good brawling match (Austin/Rock) over a technical wresting match (Benoit/Jericho) anyday.

*As you can tell from my avy, Kristal Marshall is one of the most underrated divas on the roster in terms of looks. I hear Maria this & Maria that but what about Kristal??

*I like the Vince Mcmahon Kiss my Ass Club segments. Not that I actually enjoy seeing a 60 yr old man's ass on TV but they usually end up hilarious (intentionally & unintentionally). Hell, when I saw Regal actually kiss his ass I probably laughed for like, a day straight. And I practically died when Austin whipped his ass w/ that belt & hearing JR yelling about welts.

umm....im bored so I'll just list some random opinions that I have

~ The kids on "My Super Sweet 16" are a bunch of assholes and should be karate kicked in the fucking face.

~ The only reason Trey and Matt produced the episode of South Park bashing Family Guy, is because Family Guy and Seth MacFarlene are stealing a lot of their thunder.

~ Myspace will one day take over the world

~ Emo kids are a bunch of queers

~ It would be amazing if William Regal got a serious push before he retires

~ WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006 is a much better game than No Mercy

~ ECW will fail and I'll be glad

~ Intense, face Kurt Angle is boring. He's the best as a milk drinking heel.

~ "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon needs to come back and kick ass

~ Ric Flair and Terry Funk need to retire for good

~ Maria is HOTTT!!!!!

~ Mickie James isnt

~ I really wished that Snitsky and Goldust won the WWE Tag Titles during that episode of Raw

~ Marks outnumber Smarks by a huge margin

~ I hope you reply to my opinions.

Thanks fellas!

Carlito needs a haircut

If he refuses to get a haircut then he must dye it blond and grow some long sideburns and use the name BOBO-BO-BOBOBO

Diesel should be blamed for his failed reign. He wrestled against Mabel at Summerslam and other horrible opponents. Plus, all those gimmicks like Kama Mustafa were horrible.

HHH should not have tapped to Cena at WM. It devalues his tap out to Chris Benoit.

I watched the main event of WMXX and the almighty New York crowd sat on their hands for half the main event.

Hogan carried Andre through a descent match at WM 3.

ECW will probably fail but Vince's next promotion, TNA, will do just fine.

The WWE should stop doing house shows. Titles rarely change hands there.

Raw and Smackdown should be on DVD in season sets.

The number 30 man of the Royal Rumble should win it someday.

Vince MacMahon winning the Rumble should be stricken from the record.

WM 15 is one of worst WM of all time. It's because WM 14 was so good.

I think over the last ten years I have only missed about ten RAWs.

The Undertaker should start wearing purple again.

I only started watching wrestling after reading a preview of Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game in GamePro.

I bought a Playstation so I could play WCW Nitro.

Ted Turner should buy TNA.

ECW will probably fail but Vince's next promotion, TNA, will do just fine.

Whatever you say, except...

Ted Turner should buy TNA.

The WWE should stop doing house shows. Titles rarely change hands there.

They aren't supposed to. They are supposed to be a way for the fans to connect with the wrestlers in a live environment and let wrestlers get more ring-time with each other so they aren't fucking things up on TV and PPV.

Raw and Smackdown should be on DVD in season sets.

At roughly 50 shows a year each, that's about 15 DVDs (at least) a season each.

Carlito needs a haircut

If he refuses to get a haircut then he must dye it blond and grow some long sideburns and use the name BOBO-BO-BOBOBO

Am I the only one who watches that show thinking that The Rock would be perfect for a Movie version of the show?

My opinions

I like JBL. He is an entertaining heel, and he has the promo skills to properly build up a feud.

The Spirit Squad is entertaining. The moves that they pull out is a breath of fresh air. You never know what you are going to see them do during a match. The trampoline is a great addition for their offense.

Ken Kennedy is should be a main eventer by Wrestlemania 23. However, he is going to be pushed to the moon when he returns from injury.

Stephanie McMahon is not as ugly as everyone makes her out to be. Sure she can't write a good storyline, but that is another point altogether.

Jerry Lawler is only entertaining when he is in full heel mode. Other then that he is hopelessly annoying.

Melina is nice to look at. I like how many of you say that she is ugly, yet if she came up to you at the bar and asked you to go back to her place I am sure you would go back with her.

Melina is nice to look at. I like how many of you say that she is ugly, yet if she came up to you at the bar and asked you to go back to her place you would not go back with her

That's the idea. If a girl is ugly, you don't go back to her place.