TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

State Your Unpopular Opinions

-Mark Henry and Bobby Lashley will both hold the World Title in the next year, making it possibly the first time ever two Africans held the World Title in the same year.

did they come in from Kenya or Zimbabwe? I forget...the Sudan perhaps?

I truly feel that they should have had Gillberg go over Goldberg.

OK, I know this is supposed to be a "state your opinion w/out having to support it" thread, but PLEASE justify this opinion, because it is completely ridiculous. Also, black trunks & bald head != Austin rip-off, but I'll let it slide. But I guess that's to be expected when you agree w/ Warrior's opinions.

Lashley sucks.

ECW is overrated.

WCW is underrated.

WWE divas are crap wrestlers.

MMA and wrestling should not be compared to each other. Differences between them out-weigh their similarities.

Undertaker is underrated.

RVD is still good in the ring.

WWE needs more factions(even though the spirit squad gimmick sucks!)

I'm glad wCw is dead. What a pathetic excuse for a wrestling organization it was, from top to bottom. And the way TNA is mishandling their talent, I will be glad when WW_ swallows them whole and spits out all the wCw rejects… again. G-double-O-double-N-double-E!

Sting = boring. Always has, always will.

Selling out in one minute is impossible and must be a technicality.

Btw. Hamill vs. Nickels from TUF3 is the best TV-built match in years. Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit... Matts gonna fight... GIDDY~!!!

Is shit like this why I'm having to deal with pro-wrestling trolls in MMA?

Rudo, you fucker.

ECW is overrated.

WCW is underrated.

I agree people only focus on the bad WCW stuff and ECW's product doesnt stand the test of time at all. IT was great as a counter reaction to the main stream wrestling in the middle of the 90'ies.- However they are far from awesome like some people still think they are. Thats my opinion.

My opinions

I like JBL. He is an entertaining heel, and he has the promo skills to properly build up a feud.

The Spirit Squad is entertaining. The moves that they pull out is a breath of fresh air. You never know what you are going to see them do during a match. The trampoline is a great addition for their offense.

Ken Kennedy is should be a main eventer by Wrestlemania 23. However, he is going to be pushed to the moon when he returns from injury.

Stephanie McMahon is not as ugly as everyone makes her out to be. Sure she can't write a good storyline, but that is another point altogether.

Jerry Lawler is only entertaining when he is in full heel mode. Other then that he is hopelessly annoying.

Melina is nice to look at. I like how many of you say that she is ugly, yet if she came up to you at the bar and asked you to go back to her place I am sure you would go back with her.

There I fixed what I meant to say about Melina.

I liked Muhammed Hassan

I like the Spirit Squad

I mark for Ken Kennedy

I like JBL because of his mic skills

I don't like Rey Mysterio, I think he does deserve to be the World Champion once but he needs to drop it fast

I don't mind Mark Henry

I watch wrestling for the promos, not only for the wrestling. I'd rather see a Chris Jericho promo any day over London/Kendrick vs. The Mexicools or something

Nobody really expected Mysterio to draw as champion since there is still the mentality about small guys and all that, but he got the title because the storyline they were working meant he would have to get it at some point this year. A funny thing happened. While ratings are down, badly now to the point we are now at Thunder levels, it is still the Mysterio segments that carry whatever somewhat anemic ratings there are most weeks. While Smackdown sold out in San Diego that was his hometown. This show in Phoenix doing a sellout and a crowd pretty much unprecedented for a Smackdown only PPV, as well as gates post-Mania being generally above expectations led to the realization that Mysterio was drawing. Of course, the way he's been booked on TV has likely done more harm than good to that, but that was done because they expected him to take time off. With all the other injuries, it appears he is not going to take time off for at least the next two months. Smackdown hasn't had a champion who has drawn at the house shows in some time

Yeah, better get the belt off that Rey guy. He's killing the company.

Guest Shark

Edge is the best mic worker in the company and is one of the best in the business full stop

Edge and Lita are together in real life

Meltzer isn't the fountain of knowledge he claims to be and wrestling news sites are often wrong

Vince has not lost it, he is still an intelligent businessman

Lance Cade should get a big push

The Spirit Squad gimmick is great

Guest J0bber
I truly feel that they should have had Gillberg go over Goldberg.

OK, I know this is supposed to be a "state your opinion w/out having to support it" thread, but PLEASE justify this opinion, because it is completely ridiculous. Also, black trunks & bald head != Austin rip-off, but I'll let it slide. But I guess that's to be expected when you agree w/ Warrior's opinions.

Goldberg was everything the WWF Attitude Era's principles went against. He was a bland babyface with a winning streak. Plus, in order to be a top pro wrestler, you have to have a liking for the business. Goldberg didn't enjoy the wrestling business. He was an ex-football star looking to find another occupation that didn't require him to use his unintelligent brain. He stated publicly that he didn't like the WWE before signing with them, and then signed with him. The guy just has phony written all over him. If Gillberg went over Goldberg, it would further prove that WWE's lowest characters were more superior than WCW's best, which is in fact not that far from the truth.

I don't like this thread anymore. It just allows some people to spit out random shit that they can't back up.

Guest Human Highlight Reel
I don't like this thread anymore. It just allows some people to spit out random shit that they can't back up.

:huh:

So it's just like every other thread?

This thread seems to be less "State your unpopular opinions" and more "State things you think will annoy people". I mean, are we supposed to believe somebody actually thinks Finlay sucks? Come on, now.

State things you think will annoy people

And the thought of Gillberg beating Goldberg is definitely something stupid and annoying.

In one way, it is good, because it lets us know which people we should never take seriously.

-Billy Gunn is the dullest wrestler ever. It is also apparent that he is a clueless twat that took steroids.

This is an UNPOPULAR opinion?

Disagree if you must:

ECW One Night Stand seemingly got better after a second viewing and having the show once a year is fine; I'm looking forward to this one

SmackDown is not compelling television.

I am not anticipating a Chris Jericho return.

You look forward to PPVs more if you watch minimal WWE programming.

Watching WWE is not mandatory and it's okay to not know everything that is going on

The Mickie James/Trish feud wasn't very orgasmic

Cena vs. Flair at Vengeance in North Carolina would have been a bad match but I would have lost my shit anyway (putting the belt on Flair doesn't matter to me; I couldn't care less if WWE loses money)

This thread seems to be less "State your unpopular opinions" and more "State things you think will annoy people". I mean, are we supposed to believe somebody actually thinks Finlay sucks? Come on, now.

I take it you are refering to my post. He's old and he reminds me of Bob Holly.

Having Tazz say "Finley hit him with the Shalayee, Cole!" is good enough reason to keep Finley on tv.

Having Tazz say "Finley hit him with the Shalayee, Cole!" is good enough reason to keep Finley on tv.

Doesnt the leprechaun crap negate that?

Doesnt the leprechaun crap negate that?

The leprechaun crap as you call it would get over huge on the Conan O'Brien Show......Triumph the Insult Dog would say its good enough to crap on then out of nowhere Finley attacks him with the Shalayee.

Guest Human Highlight Reel
Finley attacks him with the Shalayee.

Shillelagh, damn it.

Finley attacks him with the Shalayee.

Shillelagh, damn it.

That may be true but Tazz pronounces the word the way I spell it: Sha-lay-ee.

Vader should lose 30lbs and then be called up to feud with Batista for Sept/Oct. over the World title. It gives Batista a new challenge to feud with for a few weeks and allows for the SD! locker room to finish getting its shit back together.

RAW/SD! need to have more jobber squashes and only 1 or 2 star-vs.-star matches per week. Too many big matches every week give minimal TV time to the midcard, which makes them look weak compared to the main-eventers. (Remember a few weeks ago on RAW when Kane fought Rob Conway? The difference between the two in fan perception was so great, Kane might as well have been facing Barry Horowitz. But Conway was supposed to be a midcarder around IC Title level; he was winning matches on Heat, but 90% of fans didn't see them.)