TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

State Your Unpopular Opinions

Haku should return and feud with Umaga that will lead up to a WM grudge match "Samoan Afro Puff" match where the winner shaves the other's hair off and leave only one Big bushy afro'd Samoan standing.

Carlito vs Haku would be better..

Oh, and I get the losers hair.

Fire all the divas with breast implants.

Except maybe Lita.

Including Trish and Mickie? And does Vicky have implants? Also, someone was talking about Cole, he's good when he doesn't have to shill, you can see that on the Benoit DVD where he does alternate commentary for the Japanese matches

No, I class Trish and Mickie and maybe Victoria as wrestlers. I used to class Lita there too, but since she got the melon halves welded onto her chest she hasn't been in the ring much. I'm talking the pointless divas/managers/backstage interviewers. And yes I DO class Melina, if only because of her scream.

Also, while I do find Stacy attractive, I'm kinda with Mr. S£im on the 'no tits = bad' front. Stacy just about gets under the radar on that one though, she's an exception. But in my opinion, fake tits are worse that no tits. I'm prepared to excuse Lita on the basis that I still find her incredibly hot for reasons I cannot justify or explain. I've no idea why anymore, I just do.

-Big Show's promo on wwe.com was better than Foley's promo on WWE vs ECW.

-Raven was a better promo guy than Foley most of the time.

-All the current divas are fuckable despite fake breasts/no tits/roast beef pussy.

-Raven was a better promo guy than Foley most of the time.

Agreed.

DDP was a great worker and a helluv a lot of fun to watch. Discuss.

Dusty Rhodes might just be the most overrated guy in pro-wrestling history.

Dusty Rhodes did beat Harley Race twice for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Dusty Rhodes interviews from the 80's were the best in the business...he didn't need to yell to get his point across. And let's not forget Dusty Rhodes elbow > Misawa's elbow.

And let's not forget Dusty Rhodes elbow > Misawa's elbow.

Oh dear :fight2:

The People's Elbow only shows that The Rock was a huge Dusty Rhodes and Great Muta mark. Misawa's elbow is just a normal strike which is no different than a basic punch while Dusty's elbow is a spot unto itself that can pop the crowd.

-All the current divas are fuckable despite fake breasts/no tits/roast beef pussy.

I may be asking for trouble here, but how come everyone seems to know what Mickie James' pussy looks like? I'm guessing I missed this one.

Guest Coffey

There's pictures of her nude on the internet from "back in the day." It involved a random dude and a shoe venturing places that it shouldn't. Save yourself the trouble and don't bother looking for them. She was a lot less attractive back then. She was a lot skinny and didn't have the breast implants.

Here's another, I'm sure, unpopular opinion:

- I like the Sandman. He entertains me. I like his entrance. I like his gimmick. I don't care how shitty of a wrestler he is. He's comedy.

The next great WWE gimmick. Two guys run to the ring and help when they're scared someone might get hurt doing an unprotected high spot.

- Chris Masters, Mark Henry and The Great Khali are awesome

- Carlito sucks on the mic

- Shelton Benjamin doesn't have 'IT'

- John Cena is on pace to be a better worker than The Rock

- Shawn Michaels is the least entertaining character on WWE television

- Brent Albright is boring and mediocre

- I wouldn't piss on JBL if he was on fire. JBL promos are my ambien

- Mickey James and Melina are unatractive

You may now crucify me.

Here's another, I'm sure, unpopular opinion:

- I like the Sandman. He entertains me. I like his entrance. I like his gimmick. I don't care how shitty of a wrestler he is. He's comedy.

Also agreed.

:throwup:

You may now crucify me.

You are the opposite of everything that is good. (Except for the Shelton comment. That's the one thing that was true)

Precious Roy's post is like my post except he's serious. Come on. Cena on course to be better than Rock? How, exactly? The guy's been a pro for more than 6 years! I'm not sure what date Rocky debuted, but it was sometime in 96, I think (wrestling in general). So six years later, he'd already pretty much packed up from WWE, after winning the title six times (soon to be seven), being one of the most over guys of all time, face or heel, and having great matches with Austin, Benoit, Angle, Trips, etc....

That's just one of the crazy claims you made! Unpopular indeed.

Screw that. Rey Mysterio is a poor wrestler, who doesn't know how to play a good babyface. Don't question me! An unpopular opinion, it surely is.

I'd like to some people try to explain their 'opinions'.

DDP was Rock-like (during his heyday, not the heel title runs) in that he had the crowd in the palm of his hand, and the Diamond Cutter truly got over as a Stunner-like finisher that could come out of nowhere and people never (or rarely) kicked out of. He could sell like a champ (although I have to admit, he had those taped ribs for like 2 years and they weren't a target NEAR as often in matches as they should've been) and cut a half-decent promo. His feuds with Raven and Benoit were fantastic. One of the best spots I've ever witnessed, and still love today, was his Diamond Cutter on Kidman, who was sitting on his shoulders--slipped out from underneath, jumped up, grabbed his neck, Kidman went perfectly flat and BAM. It was just friggin awesome. Randy Orton's RKO can kiss my ass.

You may now crucify me.

You are the opposite of everything that is good. (Except for the Shelton comment. That's the one thing that was true)

I disagree with you both on the Shelton remark.

However:

* I think his remark about Masters is valid. I like Masters, he's a lot better than people give him credit for. He's not ready for the upper card but he should be a solid midcarder and should at least be feuding for the IC title now.

* Also, Roy has a point about Carlito. It's been my position for months now that Carlito is counterfeit. He sucks in the ring and while everyone goes on about how great he is on the mic, I don't really think he's THAT good. This guy gets an awful lot of love for being so thoroughly mediocre.

* Speaking of guys getting more love than they should: Ken Kennedy. Yes, I get it, he says his name twice, that's fine, I GET IT. There are people who are acting as if he's the second coming of the Rock, saying he has "Rock-like charisma". No. His schtick is kind of amusing, but he really is nowhere NEAR Rock-level anything and he's getting an awful lot of love while not really showing too much. It's way too early to be kissing this guy's ass so much.

* I also think Kurt Angle in ECW is a ridiculously stupid move.

* Unlike some of you here, I don't immediately sport an erection the moment that the Undertaker busts out a silly MMA move.

* The Real Kane / Clone Kane angle that's started on Raw recently is maybe the stupidest angle (currently) in the entire company, yet it's also the only Angle on RAW that I think is actually interesting enough to watch.

* Finally, a diva comment: Krystal Marshall is maybe the WWE Diva, next to Beth Phoenix, who does the absolute least for me. She's certainly attractive, no question, but outside of the mannish Phoenix I'd take every other WWE Diva over Marshall. Yep, not just the obvious ones like Trish or Mickie James, but even the more 'controversial' choices of Jillian Hall or Lita. This feeling of mine is confounded by how lovestruck Meltzer seems to be with her, as he acts as if she's the hottest woman in the entire promotion. I just think Dave's got the jungle fever.

* Finally, a diva comment: Krystal Marshall is maybe the WWE Diva, next to Beth Phoenix, who does the absolute least for me. She's certainly attractive, no question, but outside of the mannish Phoenix I'd take every other WWE Diva over Marshall. Yep, not just the obvious ones like Trish or Mickie James, but even the more 'controversial' choices of Jillian Hall or Lita. This feeling of mine is confounded by how lovestruck Meltzer seems to be with her, as he acts as if she's the hottest woman in the entire promotion. I just think Dave's got the jungle fever.

I agree with you on Beth but come on, Kristal is one of the more overlooked divas in terms of looks. I nearly jumped outta my seat when she made her ass clap last night on Smackdown :wub:

Guest wildpegasus

DDP was Rock-like (during his heyday, not the heel title runs) in that he had the crowd in the palm of his hand, and the Diamond Cutter truly got over as a Stunner-like finisher that could come out of nowhere and people never (or rarely) kicked out of. He could sell like a champ (although I have to admit, he had those taped ribs for like 2 years and they weren't a target NEAR as often in matches as they should've been) and cut a half-decent promo. His feuds with Raven and Benoit were fantastic. One of the best spots I've ever witnessed, and still love today, was his Diamond Cutter on Kidman, who was sitting on his shoulders--slipped out from underneath, jumped up, grabbed his neck, Kidman went perfectly flat and BAM. It was just friggin awesome. Randy Orton's RKO can kiss my ass.

I agree with everything you said about DDP here.

DDP is the most underrated wrestler on the net. That's including everything as a package - wrestling, interviews, charisma etc..

I agree with everything you said about DDP here.

DDP is the most underrated wrestler on the net. That's including everything as a package - wrestling, interviews, charisma etc..

Were you being sarcastic this time? :huh:

* I think his remark about Masters is valid. I like Masters, he's a lot better than people give him credit for. He's not ready for the upper card but he should be a solid midcarder and should at least be feuding for the IC title now.

* Also, Roy has a point about Carlito. It's been my position for months now that Carlito is counterfeit. He sucks in the ring and while everyone goes on about how great he is on the mic, I don't really think he's THAT good. This guy gets an awful lot of love for being so thoroughly mediocre.

- I think people forget that Masters is only like 23 or something crazy like that.....he seems older......but he's a really young guy. I also think that people get too caught up in the fact that he's a 'hoss' who uses a full nelson as a finisher to the point that they ignore when he's doing things well. The reality of the WWE is that big guys and guys with bodys get preferential treatment, and that guys get put on TV and pushed hard before they're fully ripe as performers. This isn't 1986 where Vince could poach ring-tested veterans, and I think people need to stop blaming some of the workers for being so green....like they have any choice in the matter. The fact is, Masters is one of the most competent 'muscleheads' to come down the pike in some time. I know a lot of people don't like muscleheads, irregardless of their competence level, but that's beside the point. What I like most about him is that he has shown gradual improvement and progression. He's still FAR from a finished product, but he's been on TV for what....2 years....and he's become noticably better over time. He's competent on the microphone, his talking works for his character, as does his arrogant demeanor and charisma. He plays dumb jock a little too well to write him off as one, you can tell that he understands his role as a heel....why he gets booed and what he needs to do to nurture that reaction. In the ring, for the purposes of his character, he sells pretty well. He doesn't noticably botch things. He's not necessarily graceful, but he does look fairly smooth in his movements, comfortable and confident in the ring. Again, he's FAR from a good and complete worker....but if you can't see the potential that is there you really have no business critiquing the WWE product. I look at Masters and I see a guy who's very young, improving, with the potential to be a main eventer some day. Whether that day is 2, 5 or 10 years from now doesn't matter to me.

- About Carlito, I actually disagree about the in ring stuff, I think he's shown flashes of greatness in there, I think he's great at a lot of the little things...very good at bumping and selling....the offense could use some improvement, but generally I like what he does out there. But the mic work.....horrible....the staccato delivery....the horribly fake accent....the bad jokes.....it's just a disaster. I know some Puerto Ricans, and they DON'T talk like that. NOBODY TALKS LIKE THAT. At least with a guy like Osama Rodriguez it's so over the top and done in a humerous manner, he's a half-comedy manager, but we're expected to take Carlito seriously as a wrestler. I like the guy as a wrestler, his promos make me not want to watch his matches. This wasn't such a big problem when he was a heel, I could write it off because I was expected to dislike him anyway, but as a face now, even as an edgy one, it just doesn't work. And my dislike is made more palpatable not only by the fact that people FAWN over the guy, but by the fact that he obviously has the talent to be a great promo if he'd just stop being so fucking fake. Tommy Dreamer was a better promo than Carlito. Mark Henry is a better promo than Carlito. Knobbs and Saggs were better promos. THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

As for the other stuff....

- Mark Henry has a great look and presence, he cuts good promos (I think some people expect a 400 lb dreadlocked BLACKER THAN A BLACK STEER'S TUCKUS angry looking motherfucker to sound like Shakespear. No, this is what they sound like), and he's WAY better than he's given credit for in the ring. If you don't like a Mark Henry match that's one thing, but the guy is good at what he does. Right now I'm absolutely loving his push where he's just reckless and mean and injuring people left and right, it works for him. It took a decade to find the right role for the guy, but they finally did it.

- The Great Khali is a fucking freak of nature, just enjoy it for what it is. And his promos are hilarious. HE BEAT UNDERTAKER WITH A KICK! HOW AWESOME IS THAT! Undertaker is a joke anyway, so why should I care about how crappy and stupid his matches are? It's when they expect me to take him seriously that I have a problem. I could watch Khali squash cruiserweights all day, and I LOVE CRUISERWEIGHTS. I just hope that on the way down they let those guys get their revenge (fat chance, right?)

- Shelton Benjamin not having 'IT'.....I'm actually going to back off this a bit. He's got some of 'IT'...just not 'ALL OF IT'.....and that's going to keep him from ever being the massive star that a lot of fans seem to think he's capable of. I like the guy, I just don't think he's got it in him to be a true main eventer, and I definitely don't buy into the theory that the WWE holds him back because he's black. They were ready to push the guy to the moon when he first moved to RAW, but they didn't like what they saw. He was actually REALLY bad for a long time, like he was just out of it mentally, but he's started to rebound somewhat. I think he's got a TON of work to do in the ring too, he's prone to some absolute abortions of matches with the wrong opponent. I honestly hope I'm wrong about him, I just haven't seen 'it' from him yet

- Cena on pace to be better in the ring than the Rock.....I was talking about time spent in the WWE....it's been about 4 years for Cena and compared to 2000 Rock I'd put them on the same level, maybe Cena a little bit ahead of him.....I think, to be fair to Cena, Rock had a bit of a headstart being born into the business and all.....but I see Cena having every bit of charisma and smarts in the ring that Rocky had, I see him connecting with the crowd nearly as well, I see his execution of moves to be on roughly the same level (what looks worse, Cena's STF or Rock's Sharpshooter?)....basically, I see them as carbon copys of each other in the ring....the evolution of the Hulk Hogan model more or less, and I feel like John Cena does that routine every bit as good as Rocky did. I'll probably take shit for this, but I never thought Rock was that great of a wrestler....but what he did have was the presence and charisma and connection to make people care about what he did in there. His best matches were all about how he read and reacted to the crowd, not about what he did from an X and O standpoint. Cena is the same way....but I think he's capable of being better at the actual wrestling stuff. The biggest roadblock is going to be the WWE....because Rock got a ton of leeway to be himself out there....and I think Cena is still struggling to get that....and I think HHH is probably working against him in that respect (Rock would agree with me on this).....like the way Cena was forced to play the white bread face character even when it was obvious that it was polarizing the crowd because he had to be there to work with HHH's character....and like how his character got played for a total chump in the HHH feud. I don't blame that stuff on Cena, I blame it on the promotional machine that is handling him. I see it as more of a hinderance for Cena than it ever was for Rock.

- Shawn Michaels.....just personal preference, I think he's become a joke in the ring and a joke of a character. He was NEVER that good of a solo face in the first place, always better as a sneaky, cheating heel...a 40 year old, balding, 175 lb wet man with a Jesus freak character who has a 'sexy boy' song and dances around like a homo....yeah, that's really gay. Those punches don't look like they could hurt my grandmother. Hey, I wonder if he'll do the flying burrito and nip up!?!! I'd play a drinking game where I predict every single thing he does in the ring 3 seconds before he does it, but my liver couldn't handle it. Maybe if he'd break out his absurd SummerSlam bumping more often I'd give him more leeway. Or just turn heel. Please. You're beyond stale.

- Brent Albright.....poor man's Chris Benoit clone. He's basically copied Chris Benoit's moveset.....minus the highspots....yet he has none of the intangibles that made Benoit great. When Chris Benoit was Brent Albright's age he was probably the most intense wrestler on the planet, a virtual clone of the Dynamite Kid. Brent Albright is a bastardized post neck fusion Benoit. He's like some untalented guy doing a interpretive dance recital that in his mind is brilliant, but the audience recognizes as a pale knockoff of some guy who's actually good at dancing. He belongs with fake Kane and the fake Outsiders.

Ok, I kind of took that one over the top, I'm cool with Albright, I liked him as the straight man to CM Punk's arrogant joker routine in OVW, but I do think he's pretty average, and I cry myself to sleep over comparisons to Benoit of Nazareth. Literally. I cry. You people make me cry.

- JBL's promos all start the same way, they all end the same way....and somewhere in between he'll insult liberals and minoritys. Yeah, real must see TV right there. This is why I love the internet....I download SD and fast forward through his promos as soon as they become redundant.....which is generally within the first two minutes......and his average promo goes on for like three or four times as long.

- Mickey James.....horrible images of roast beef haunt me....and I know some of y'all got issues....but the psycho character is a turnoff. Melina....man face. Great body, love the splits, love the scream.....total butterface.