TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

iPod

I've been meaning to get an iPod for some time, and I want one that holds roughly 3000 songs, give or take, what would be the best option the 30 gigs or 60 gigs.

No, no videos.

Yes CG. It didn't bode well. I didn't even know where to start by going by alphabetically or by genre.

Several. If your car has an RCA input jack--which, if you're asking, it probably doesn't--you can just get a dual male cable and run it from your iPod to your stereo. You can do the old trick people did with portable CD players and get one of those tape adapters to run from your tape deck to the iPod. And, finally, the most sophisticated things available are radio transmitters. My dad uses this one and loves it. With all of these, you still control music from the iPod.

I'm sure you could also get a dock or something like it custom installed in your car, so you can run the iPod through your stereo controls. Probably would cost a few hundred dollars, though. I know Honda makes it as a dealer option on new Civics.

My brother had the iTrip and I hated it. Slight movement of the iPod and we there was static. Perhaps he was doing something wrong.

I use the tape adapter option; gets me by, but I'd like a little better sound quality.

The iTrip was a pain in the ass, but the Roadtrip is pretty cool. It's a lot more stable, and keeps a pretty consistent sound. It's basically a dock that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I can't recall if the sound is much better than the tape deck, but the fact that it holds the iPod in place and charges it as well is pretty nice.

Guest Vitamin X

If you get a car stereo system that has Bluetooth capability, you can also get a Naviplay for your iPod to stream music, plus this also works with the new Oakley O ROKR sunglasses and any other bluetooth-enabled headset. It also works with bluetooth enabled cell phones so you can listen to music and then take phone calls as well.

The iTrip was a pain in the ass, but the Roadtrip is pretty cool. It's a lot more stable, and keeps a pretty consistent sound. It's basically a dock that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I can't recall if the sound is much better than the tape deck, but the fact that it holds the iPod in place and charges it as well is pretty nice.

I'll vouch for the road trip. Only time I had a problem with the signal was traveling across states, and whomever is running on the frequency I was using was interfering with my signal. Go up the dial a hair, and I was fine.

I was digging mine up until it got jacked from my car last week. I still gotta get my lock fixed. Motherfuckers.