TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kobe24KGold

New match added to ECW: One Night Stand

There are ways to work around this. Look, no one is going to care THAT much if Sabu jobs as long as he does some insane shit and practically kills himself. The excitement of Sabu is not seeing him win, but seeing him take an asskicking and come back for more.

Besides, what the hell sort of hype is there for this match? I have heard nothing about Rey dropping the belt anytime real soon. The crowd in theory shouldn't mind Rey beating Sabu all that much, since Sabu is obviously past his prime (though I could be wrong, and I'll get to that in a minute) and as mentioned Rey was in ECW.

That said, Rey got one of the worst responses last year at the show of the non invader guys. I actually think he might get a worst response in some ways than Cena, given how he's been booked and the possibility of the ECW fans shitting on him for using Eddie to get himself over.

I think it's obvious that they are throwing in this match so that Sabu wins one title they can take to ECW and that way Cena doesn't have to drop the title to RVD.

You can't build a promotion around Sabu. You can't leave SD without a title. Rey will go over but Sabu will probably look strong here. Foley will take the pinfall for WWE against Funk and Dreamer. I just don't think WWE should go 2-1 in the triple main events.

They also can't make it all ECW Vs WWE. They need to start announcing ECW matches.

Exactly.

Even as the most faithful of ECW marks, I don't necessarily get off seeing ECW go over WWE.

I don't think it would be more likely for Sabu to take the title then RVD. For one, RVD is now at least an established WWE star as well, while Sabu never spent any significant time on WWE TV, so if anything Vince would feel more comfortable having RVD win a title then Sabu. Also, with the unreliability of Sabu, I, as a would-be promoter would literally be afraid of having Sabu win the title, in fear of him deciding he doesn't want to honor his contract anymore and just not show up for later dates.

Guest Princess Leena

Sabu's only real worth nowadays is in taking a huge asskicking.

How is Rey, weakest champion ever, going to do that.

There is what...10 days left until the show? Only 3 matches are announced or even rumored.

I know it was a ECW thing to not release a full card but still would like to have a closer understanding to know it won't all be WWE Vs ECW.

Angle would be working the show but it'd still feel like a ECW/WWE match no matter who he works. He was set to work Benoit but I guess Angle is replacing Benoit's role in ECW.

Who does Angle work? I don't think he'll work someone like Sandman because that'd be a total mess. Will they use Angle in a technical wrestling match as they were going to with Benoit? Angle/Storm? Angle/Punk? (If they want to debut a future star to push the whole "new generation of ecw" deal, it'd be a smart move to debut Punk right away)...

I'd venture a guess they will do another 3 way involving the CW's , and Sandman will probably brawl with Credible or something.

That's a suggestion. I'm talking concrete matches. I can suggest Angle/Crazy, but that doesn't mean it'll happen.

Tanaka/Angle is too scary for me to imagine the damage done to Angle.

It'd be better then Tanaka/Awesome at least.

Maybe Vince realizes the mistakes he made with the last invasion and wants people to take ECW serious this time around. No better way to do that then have ECW capture both of WWE's world titles in their first PPV. There's a chance of it, isn't there?

I mean, if he wants ECW to run four days a week and have its own PPVs, fans are going to have to take it seriously.

Maybe Vince realizes the mistakes he made with the last invasion and wants people to take ECW serious this time around. No better way to do that then have ECW capture both of WWE's world titles in their first PPV. There's a chance of it, isn't there?

I mean, if he wants ECW to run four days a week and have its own PPVs, fans are going to have to take it seriously.

I doubt it. I think the match will end with Sabu missing one of his trademark spots, crashing through a table, and then Rey Mysterio draping an arm over him for the pin. It keeps the title on Rey Mysterio, but doesn't make Sabu look bad by having Mysterio beat him "cleanly."

The question really is, who is ONS supposed to cater to more the ECW Marks or the WWE fans that Vince hopes will start watching the new ECW.

Face it, among ECW marks, Sabu and RVD could job for the next 6 months, and it wouldn't matter, they like who they like and the booking decisions won't change that, WWE fans however react heavily due to who is made to look strong and who is made to look like a jobber. If Vince is banking on WWE fans buying ONS and following the new ECW, then he better make ECW look strong at the PPV, on the other hand if Vince thinks ONS is simply for the ECW marks, then he knows damn well he can job ECW guys out and they won't care, and they will still love their guys when ECW starts up.

After talking with some friends about this... and how there arent many matches announced, and how they are throwing some together the last minute... I realized something.

That's pretty much what ECW was about.

I can't tell you how many times I would order a PPV only knowing that the main event was going to be Taz vs. Douglas (for example)

I feel a bit better about it now, I just hope that they don't do this WWE vs ECW thing... Because isn't that what the supershow is for?

Isn't this a spoiler?

I don't think it really is. Advertising for the WWE versus ECW show had Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio in the commercials. Besides, it's just the announcement of a match, not a real result or anything.

ECW used to be about revolutionising wrestling, rebelling against the main promotions, creating new stars and new styles. How exactly does a ridiculously banged up Sabu (and Funk and Foley and Dreamer etc etc) do that?

If they wanted Rey on the show, they should have put him against a future prospect like Super Crazy or Kid Kash (without the dumb Velocity gimmick), because nobody's buying Sabu winning the World Title anyway.

As it is, it's just The ECW Nostalgia Trip Part 2.

ECW used to be about revolutionising wrestling, rebelling against the main promotions, creating new stars and new styles. How exactly does a ridiculously banged up Sabu (and Funk and Foley and Dreamer etc etc) do that?

If they wanted Rey on the show, they should have put him against a future prospect like Super Crazy or Kid Kash (without the dumb Velocity gimmick), because nobody's buying Sabu winning the World Title anyway.

As it is, it's just The ECW Nostalgia Trip Part 2.

If the rumors are true, ECW will have it's own group of prospects brought in to build. C.M. Punk is a lock and Ken Kennedy is another possibility. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jamie Noble and Kid Kash carry their new gimmick over to ECW to jumpstart a tag team division. They could also keep the team of Psicosis and Super Crazy together and reunite the F.B.I. of Nunzio and Tony Mamaluke. IF Paul Heyman and Tommy Dreamer are given as much creative control as has been rumored, I think they'll find a way to make it work. Heyman started the original ECW with a whole lot less than what WWE has given him now.

I just hope and pray that RVD does not win the title...John Cena is the best thing going for the WWE. Sorry, but guys like Super Crazy, Tommy Dreamer, Ken Doane, RVD.....they don't sell out arenas. John Cena does...and that's a fact.

I just hope and pray that RVD does not win the title...John Cena is the best thing going for the WWE. Sorry, but guys like Super Crazy, Tommy Dreamer, Ken Doane, RVD.....they don't sell out arenas. John Cena does...and that's a fact.

:throwup:

You are joking right?

Assuming you aren't kidding about your opinion of Cena, I wouldn't worry. Cena will continue to be on WWE TV and RVD will be in this new "ECW" so it won't affect Cena much,

Which arena was that?

Maybe the one JBL sold out as well?

I was kidding about John Cena to an extent, but until these guys like Gunner Scott, Ken Doane, and Johnny Jeter get interesting gimmicks and mic skills, people like John Cena will always be on top of the WWE.

I was kidding about John Cena to an extent, but until these guys like Gunner Scott, Ken Doane, and Johnny Jeter get interesting gimmicks and mic skills, people like John Cena will always be on top of the WWE.

It's always easy to say that a main eventer is a bigger draw than mid-carders, because the mid-carders have never been given the opportunity to see if they can draw.

Guest Princess Leena

All we know about Doane is he's a good worker, has a nice finisher, and looks decent.

There's a lot more involved in being a main eventer. A good start would be removing him from the Spirit Squad a few weeks ago.

All we know about Doane is he's a good worker, has a nice finisher, and looks decent.

There's a lot more involved in being a main eventer. A good start would be removing him from the Spirit Squad a few weeks ago.

He's engaged to Mickie James, that has to count for something.

Why the hell would Angle screw RVD? Hey, I'm going to ECW, so what should I do? How about screw the guy out of the title that I could face for the title later thus for the moment leading to ECW having no belt.

As I said, there are ways to have Sabu job here without doing any damage to him (well, not heat wise anyway, maybe physically). If he does a flip through a table in the 5th row and Rey rolls him back in and pins him, I don't think anyone would mind that Sabu jobbed.

There is no getting around the fact that SOMEONE--either RVD or Sabu--has to win a title here. I mean they can't book an ECW themed PPV and then just job out the actual ECW guys that will be expected to draw the money for the new ECW. I know WWE has done some dumb things, but no one could possibly be that retarded.

PongKong, as far as your precious Cena goes, I imagine they can do some sort of cheesy Dusty Finish or Vince can simply announce him vs. Edge at the next PPV for the now vacant WWE title.