TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Blank

Partial Lockdown Discussion

It’s Wednsday (well not where I am but hey kayfabe and all) and it’s time for Lockdown!!. . . well “Partial Lockdown” anyways.

Some stuff still missing but with 3 matches and 2 promos it’s . . . well a start ;)

Opening Promo: Someone from Sean Davis’ past is coming and he’s not happy to see her, hmmm I bet there was a follow up planned.

Too bad I don’t know enough about Sean’s past to even have a clue to who it’ll be – I guess I’ll be surprised once it’s revealed.

-

Promo 2: Bruce & Bloodshed: Don’t comment on my own stuff

-

Match #1 (that was posted) Tanks, tanks and thanks for a stipulation I could really sink my teeth into.

I don’t comment on my own stuff other than – thank god I wasn’t as jetlagged as last week ;)

-

Match #2: Aecas © Vs Wildchild

Aecas is a monster!! JJ and now Wildchild? That’s damn impressive and the belt seems to have found some sort of stability with Aecas now that he’s beaten the last two champions (and probably held the title about as long as those two combined ;) )

-

Match #3: JJ Johnson & Spike Jenkins © Vs the Doomsters

I knew they had it at “BISHOPRIC!” ;)

That’s not to say it wasn’t an enjoyable ride, but knowing the destination was a bit of a shame – then again I didn’t think JJ & Jenkins were destined to team for very long at all.

-

I’d say more but well there isn’t that much more to comment on yet

Yay for stuff and things, and for me taking the show off to deal with... life.

Opening Promo: Someone from Sean Davis’ past is coming and he’s not happy to see her, hmmm I bet there was a follow up planned.

Too bad I don’t know enough about Sean’s past to even have a clue to who it’ll be – I guess I’ll be surprised once it’s revealed.

Rochelle?

Match #2: Aecas © Vs Wildchild

Aecas is a monster!! JJ and now Wildchild? That’s damn impressive and the belt seems to have found some sort of stability with Aecas now that he’s beaten the last two champions (and probably held the title about as long as those two combined ;) )

:huh:

If this is a joke, I don't get it... I'd blame it on my being old and slow, but you're older than I am... what the hell; I'll blame it on being old and slow, anyway... I can't say that I was surprised that I didn't win; mildy irritated, but not surprised.

Congratulations to Drea and whoever the "Destroyer" is. I'll keep it real, though: if we'd been taking bets on who was going to win what, I'd have lost a nice chunk of change over that match, so extra congrats for proving me wrong.

you must mean the comment about him holding it as long as you two combined? Just a joke, a reference to JJ holding it like 9 days and you holding it. . . erm I dunno, but after Hawke's monster run it wasn't that long and I can't remember any successful title defenses (could be my faulty memory on the title defense part)

And I'm older AND slower thank you very much ;)

Well, there was that one against Michael Cross (who may or may not have showed, so that may not count), and then there was the one against Jimmy the Doom at Battleground (who did show).

So, I had at least one legit title defense... plus, I wrote myself to lose in at least two title matches against Hawke, so it's not like that huge reign was *all* him...

At any rate, I'm just going to let it alone; I'm still a little sour over losing right now, so I reckon I'll get off the subject before I make a bigger ass of myself than I have already.

I'm willing to admit that the fact that I don't remember any title defenses doesn't mean that you didn't have any, it just means I have a crappy memory.

I never implied anything was all Hawke, I just said that it was a monster reign (longest ever) and by comparison anything that doesn't hit triple digits will probably seem short.

and finally - the ;) icon should have clued you into the position of my tongue in comparison to my cheek.

I can't say that I was surprised that I didn't win; mildy irritated, but not surprised.

You lost because you had Aecas act completely out of character by getting incredibly pissed off and heading for his scythe to use as a weapon (in a straight singles match, what?) If not for that segment, you would have won it, but I couldn't job the Brit to something that had such a glaring mistake. That's all, really.

I'd like to ask why Judge didn't send my match in, given that I sent it to him on Sunday evening. Don't tell me he's been drunk ALL that time.

You lost because you had Aecas act completely out of character by getting incredibly pissed off and heading for his scythe to use as a weapon (in a straight singles match, what?) If not for that segment, you would have won it, but I couldn't job the Brit to something that had such a glaring mistake. That's all, really.
I didn't know that a violent fit could be out of character for someone who describes himself as "psychotic," but I'll take your word for it... Thanks for the feedback.

I guess next time, I'll just have him talk to the scythe instead... but then, Reggie might get jealous...

Direct from Aecas' stats post:

It could feasibly be used as a weapon (and in one instance actually was by Bruce Blank, when Aecas was on hiatus) but for all intents and purposes it’s a prop, not a weapon.

I think contravening a statement of that clarity in a simple singles match where he'd be DQ'd instantly for its use is leaving yourself open to questioning.

But hell, my stats clearly said that Toxx would never kick out of a finisher and Thoth still put Johnny over me even though he wrote me kicking out of a MI Slam. But then, that was Thoth ;) And maybe in hindsight it was making me a little fragile...

Fair enough... but since I didn't actually have Aecas use it as a weapon (and, in fact, he didn't actually put his hands on it; he just walked towards it, and Herrington, who wasn't around during Aecas' last run, was afraid that he *might* use it), I figured it would be okay.

But, it's not, so lesson learned, right?

We're talking hosses here. Subtle distinctions; not a strong point :)

AECAS SMASH!

Well, China's a touch bigger than Cambodia, so I suppose that being Emporer of China *is* better... plus, as Emporer of China, you get, like, two-thirds of Yao Ming's salary.

Sign in to follow this