TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

ECW One Night Stand

Sunday, June 11, 2006

20060522_ecw_wwechampionship.jpg

Rob Van Dam is cashing in his Money in the Bank championship opportunity at a place where he feels most comfortable - ECW One Night Stand.

John Cena has had his back against the wall many times before, yet he's still managed to walk away with his WWE Championship. Come June 11, however, RVD will have the ultimate home-field advantage when he challenges Cena for the WWE Championship. Van Dam informed The Champ that he would be making his challenge at One Night Stand on the May 22 edition of RAW. Cena was coming off a victory against Chris Masters, but he wasn't as unlucky in his confrontation with RVD as Mr. Money in the Bank leveled him with a Van Daminator.

The following week RVD came out to provide guest commentary during Cena's match against Johnny Nitro. The Champ notched another victory, but after the match he had another intense stare-down with RVD. Nitro came back in the ring, but Cena spotted him and tossed him into Van Dam, knocking him to the outside.

Will Cena once again find a way to defy the odds and remain WWE Champion? Or will Van Dam cash in on his opportunity? Find out at ECW One Night Stand.

20060605_ecw_Mysterio_Sabu.jpg

At One Night Stand, fans will finally get to see a match they have been dreaming about for years. As announced by ECW’s Paul Heyman, the suicidal, homicidal, genocidal, death-defying Sabu will go one on one with SmackDown Superstar Rey Mysterio, and it will be for the World Championship.

For ECW legend Sabu, the match will be his first and maybe last opportunity to win WWE gold. Sabu has kept a low profile in recent years, and the lack of exposure may prove to be his greatest advantage. Instead of relying on recent video footage, Mysterio will be forced to rely on memory in preparing his game plan.

For Rey Mysterio, One Night Stand could provide a very unique situation. Rey has always been a fan favorite, so when he enters the ring at Hammerstein Ballroom, the potentially hostile crowd could prove to be a major distraction for the World Champion.

20060605_ecw_Angle_Orton.jpg

Last week on SmackDown, ECW's Paul Heyman announced that Kurt Angle was issuing an open-challenge for the One Night Stand pay-per-view. According to Heyman, Angle was willing to meet anyone from any brand in a one-on-one match. “Angle means anyone, from anywhere. He doesn’t care if the person’s from a four-sided ring, a six-sided ring or an eight-sided ring.”

Monday night on RAW, that challenge was answered in the form of WWE Superstar Randy Orton. The returning former World Heavyweight Champion snuck up on Angle and delivered a devestating RKO which left Angle face down in the center of the ring.

The Legend Killer had spent the last several months sitting at home, healing a fractured ankle which he suffered at the hands of the Wrestling Machine during the King of the Ring Tournament. Moments after the attack, Orton spoke with WWE.com Unlimited's Todd Grisham to formally accept the challenge. "You think I forgot that Kurt Angle broke my ankle? It took me 60 days to come back and get my payback. If you think this is it, stay tuned, because Kurt Angle, I accept your challenge for One Night Stand."

The Wrestling Machine, who is ECW's newest Superstar has promised to be the face of the new ECW. At One Night Stand, Angle will have his first chance to back up those words when he faces the brash and cocky Orton.

20060522_ecw_dreamerfunk_ed1.jpg

After months of battling each other both physically and verbally, Mick Foley and Edge have somehow developed a unique relationship. Recently on RAW, Foley extolled the virtues of Edge’s hardcore credentials, claiming Edge embodied all that is hardcore, as opposed to the slime from ECW. Foley then awarded the Rated-R Superstar the “un-retired” Hardcore Championship. Edge wouldn’t accept it, however, instead wanting Foley to have it. They looked as if they were going to fight, but the Rated-R Superstar instead had Lilian Garcia announce them as co-holders of the Hardcore Championship.

Finally, Paul Heyman emerged from the back to break up the love fest, telling Foley that he couldn’t believe the Hardcore Legend prostituted his legacy for a mutual admiration society with Edge & Lita. He then threw out a challenge for the “co-Hardcore Champions” to face any two of what Foley called “the slime that escaped from ECW” at One Night Stand. They initially refused, but after Heyman said that Lita had more balls than them, Edge accepted. The trio then came after Paul, who introduced them to their pay-per-view opponents: Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk! ECW's hardcore duo attacked Edge & Foley with various weapons, sending the icons scurrying out of the arena.

There will be no running away at One Night Stand. What will happen when four of the most hardcore Superstars in sports-entertainment history collide at this extreme event? Watch the pay-per-view on June 11 to find out.

20060605_ecw_Lawler_Tazz.jpg

Last week on SmackDown, Tazz addressed weeks of ridicule and taunting from Jerry Lawler regarding both himself, and the ECW brand, and did so in an emotional fashion. Showing the passion and intensity which made him one of the most feared and intimidating World Champions in ECW history, Tazz issued a challenge to Lawler for One Night Stand.

Addressing The King as 'old man', Tazz made a guarentee. "You wanna go on RAW, and you wanna talk junk about ECW and about me not being tough no more...but here's the deal my friend. If you show up at One Night Stand, with god as my witness, I guarantee I will choke you out."

This week on RAW, Lawler responded to Tazz' challenge. "Tazz, for the last 10 years, we've heard you talk about how bad you are. The truth is, the only thing bad about you is your announcing. You say you have one match left in you...Well Tazz, I accept your challenge, and I promise you that One Night Stand will be your last stand."

At One Night Stand, all the talking will stop and the fighting will begin. Both men have had extensive accomplished in-ring careers, but on Sunday night, only one man will can come out victorious.

Edited for all matches thus far being announced.

I don't think Taz will be in a match against Lawler. I think that Lawler will come out and bash ECW in a promo. Taz will come out and beat the fuck out of Lawler.

Guest Princess Leena

I enjoyed last year's show, mostly because it was a one-time deal.

I hope this delivers.

I wish more matches would be announced.

It won't be a match, Lawler will do his usual anti-ECW routineand draw great heat. Taz comes out, no words and simply slaps the choke and another match starts during the brawl that wasn't announced nor even explained.

If Angle is having an open challenge against an ECW alum, I got the sinking feeling it'll end up being Sandman. The good thing is that McMahon wanted to use Angle/Benoit 2/3 falls so maybe McMahon will still feel like giving Angle a real wrestler to use.

It just seems like last year we had a better understanding of the whole card, at least via Meltzer. They actually announced 3 main events but nothing has been mentioned as far as the rest.

I just listed the Taz/Lawler thing as a match because Taz said he had one last match in him.

Crazy thought, what about Taz vs Angle?

I mean, Taz was his first loss in the WWE and Taz's first match in the E if I remember correctly. Seem almost fitting that Angle's first match in "ECW" would be the last match of Taz in "ECW"

Guest Princess Leena

I don't think WWE should remind us that Taz was the first to beat Kurt.

I just listed the Taz/Lawler thing as a match because Taz said he had one last match in him.

No, he said "I've got one more in me" in reference to choking someone out.

If Angle is having an open challenge against an ECW alum, I got the sinking feeling it'll end up being Sandman. The good thing is that McMahon wanted to use Angle/Benoit 2/3 falls so maybe McMahon will still feel like giving Angle a real wrestler to use.

The challenge was not directed to ECW alumni only. As Paul Heyman said, it was announced as being directed to "anybody that competes in a 4-sided, 6-sided, or 8-sided ring."

The challenge was not directed to ECW alumni only. As Paul Heyman said, it was announced as being directed to "anybody that competes in a 4-sided, 6-sided, or 8-sided ring."

He'd worked everyone on the raw and smackdown rosters that'll be given spotlight for this show. All signs would point to a ECW alumus like Sandman or even a debuting worker like Punk.

Guest Princess Leena

I was wondering why Sandman was $4 million in Fantasy... :P

That would make sense if he's up against Angle.

Angle vs. Rhino, perhaps?

Rhino won't be available, I don't believe, as his TNA contract isn't up yet....plus he's scheduled against Bobby Roode & Scott D'Amore in a handicap match at the next PPV.

Two things I just thought of for the Dreamer & Funk/Edge & Foley match:

1)Edge is the ONLY non-ECW person in this match. Including Lita.

2)Any chance that Beulah will be in Dreamer/Funk's corner to keep Lita at bay?

Two things I just thought of for the Dreamer & Funk/Edge & Foley match:

1)Edge is the ONLY non-ECW person in this match. Including Lita.

2)Any chance that Beulah will be in Dreamer/Funk's corner to keep Lita at bay?

Meltzer, I belive said Beluah doesn't want to be involved as she has other things going for her. That doesn't mean she won't do a one-off appearence again like last year.

The more I think about it, Sandman V. Angle is the way to go. We've all seen Angle work technical matches and spotfest spectacles. Sandman is a completely different beast and I would imagine since Angle set up the open challenge, he'll probably come out and cut a short promo and ENTER SANDMAN plays as the crowd goes berzerk. It'd go against Angle's ideals of the NEW ECW and Sandman spits in the face of Angle's style and intention with ECW.

Guest Teckneek

What about Dean Malenko vs Kurt Angle????

Guest Kobe24KGold

WWE vs. ECW head to head on Wed night at the Nutter Center in Dayton, Ohio should be the best TV show of the year.

I've been pumped for ONS II since it was announced, but ever since they started announcing matches that enthusiam has gone straight to the shitter. What the fuck is the point of this WWE Vs. ECW Head to Head special if One Night Stand II is all fucking WWE Vs. ECW matches?

There's no way this ONS touches last years, at all in terms of everything. This year's is completly about ECW Vs. WWE, and while last year had the invader angle going on at least it wasn't fucking the invaders Vs. ECW in every match.

I'll probably still order the pay per view, but I can't understand how I'm the only one to feel this way about the PPV being bullshit so far.

I've been pumped for ONS II since it was announced, but ever since they started announcing matches that enthusiam has gone straight to the shitter. What the fuck is the point of this WWE Vs. ECW Head to Head special if One Night Stand II is all fucking WWE Vs. ECW matches?

There's no way this ONS touches last years, at all in terms of everything. This year's is completly about ECW Vs. WWE, and while last year had the invader angle going on at least it wasn't fucking the invaders Vs. ECW in every match.

I'll probably still order the pay per view, but I can't understand how I'm the only one to feel this way about the PPV being bullshit so far.

Technically, Rey vs. Sabu is not a WWE vs. ECW match since Rey has ties to ECW. He just happens to have (and be defending) a WWE title.

Kurt Angle vs. Daniel Puder

Let the rumors begin!

:P

Meltzer said in the WON 2 or 3 weeks ago that Dan Puder was briefly considered for ECW because the hardcore fans would know the deal between him and Kurt Angle, but Puder was pricing himself way too high for their interests.

I'd mark out for Puder. He was the first guy I though of with the invitational.

A mat based MMA fighter would hopefully give Angle a less physically strenuous match/fued too.

If they ever bring in Puder, I'm willing to bet that it wont be until the end of the angle.

Pun intended?

What about Dean Malenko vs Kurt Angle????

I hope so.

That would be an insane match.