TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

ECW One Night Stand 2 Thread

I for one LOVED the hot crowd. The PPV itself was good, although the way they put RVD over was messed up. I still think the ECW revival will be crap, but as I said, a good PPV anyway.

After rewatching the show, I'd say it was decent, but I still liked Judgment Day better. The main event was awesome for crowd reaction obviously, but RVD was a jobber out there, which made him look like a loser considering this was "his environment". Cena shouldn't have been squashed, but RVD needed much more offense. Then there's the Edge finish, which has already been mentioned.

I'm not ready to give up on ECW, though. We'll see how tonight goes. So far, there's yet to be any big hook.

Ya, something that seemed to have been lost a lot on the crowd and lot of other fans talking about the PPV was how much RVD was dominated until the finish. He was made to look Mysterio-esque with the whole "pulling out a move" at the end of the match, and even that needed a ref bump. The booking reeked of McMahon, wanting to protect the WWE champ. It really should've been more give and take.

Having said that, I *still* believe the finish couldn't have happened any other way.

I didn't mind the interference that much. Its kind of like Backlash 2000 with Stone Cold helping out the Rock. The people wanted to see the right guy finally get the title.

After 4 years of fucking waiting, WWE finally gives Rob Van Dam the world title. WWE didn't let me down by stripping / screwing RVD of the title last night. You know I'll admit RVD may not be a great wrestler, seller, or talker, but I've always liked the guy ever since ECW with the craziest shit I've ever seen (jumping onto an opponent into the crowd for example!!!) whether he was feuding with the likes of Sabu, Bam Bam Bigelow, or Jerry Lynn. The key to this business is about getting over and as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter what you do as long as you get people's attention and get them into it. RVD could do as much as pick his nose in the middle of the ring and fans would cheer. That's how much people respect Rob Van Dam and I'm glad the guy finally gets rewarded after that bullshit that happened at Unforgiven 2002. Sure, 4 years is a long time and RVD is not as hot with the crowd as he used to be, but its better getting the title late than never.

Guest Legend & Icon

I thought the show was a history making night. It was a lot better then the first ECW one night stand PPV one year ago. I loved the fan reaction towards John Cena really good. Best match had to go to Funk & Dreamer. Funk at the age of 60+ showed he can still steal the show. Loved all the stuff Taz did with the King and the match. Really good show

Guest Coffey

Why do people keep saying this year's ONS was better than last year's? Even the guys on the LAW said that. I can't see it. This year's show, to me, was A LOT worse. No music, too much WWE involvment, random Eugene, random JBL, it just didn't have the "ECW feel." Shit, we had to watch Orton/Angle for twenty fuckin' minutes.

Guest Legend & Icon

I think it did have that ECW feel. The fans played a bigger role this year I think which showing the hate and more into it then last year. Orton vs Kurt dam what a match. I love the way Kurt is now. ECWs Kurt Angle.

Guest Bammey

The show didn't even touch last years. Sure the crowd once again was great, but the show felt all too WWEish.

Tazz/King was a waste. They even spelt his name Tazz and he commentated like as if he was on SD!

Orton/Angle was okay. Angle was interesting, but the way Orton went into this was very dull. It was pratically a match suited for an episode of SD! minus a ref bump, and the storyline advancing ending.

Tag Match could've been faster and more exciting but it was okay. Good to see Tajiri.

Sabu/Rey MOTN. Loved the ending bump but didn't like how it ended the match.

Hardcore tag had its moments.

Sandman was given a WWE-like treatment caneing Eugene and chasing him to the back. There was nothing viscious about the caneing and it looked like it was supposed to be some humerous segment with Sandman chasing Eugene to the back.

Balls/Tanaka could've been so much more.

Main Event had a hott crowd. It was a decent match overall but would've failed miserably in a WWE arena. Don't ask for another RVD/Cena match anytime soon. RVD wins and a great moment at that.

Guest Legend & Icon

I kind of liked Eugene at the show. I mean I knew the ECW fans were going to eat him up and it was very funny to watch. Being mr nice guy does not always work. I really thought he was going to break his gimmick I really did.

If the new ECW wasn't on its deathbed already, it sure is now after that finish which made RVD look like a complete joke and did more to put over the Cena/Edge feud than anything. Why people had faith in this idea is beyond me. It looked like this was going to be the Invasion all over again, and now we know that it will be. They couldn't write a worse finish if they tried. See ya for the funeral in a few weeks.

Pessimistic much?

I'm wrong and you're right.

Guest Legend & Icon

I waiting for a report to show the number or buy rates the PPV got. I hope it does well it should have. Was a hyped up really good show.

I waiting for a report to show the number or buy rates the PPV got. I hope it does well it should have. Was a hyped up really good show.

Quick nitpicking: A PPV's success is expressed in the number of "buys" that it receives. A "buyrate" is the number of buys expressed as a percentage of the total number of households that could purchase the event.

Guest Legend & Icon
Just so you guys know, the whole show is now posted on you tube in installments.

I would say check it out for sure great show

I did not like this PPV one bit... the entire show was in slow motion. It seemed that the majority of the matches was wrestlers in restholds looking at the crowd reaction. Mahoney/Tanaka was the only real ECW style match on the card, and Sabu/Mysterio had the makings of something great up until the ending.