TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

KFC Chicken Bowl

The best Mexican food comes from taco trucks. I have two within two blocks of my apartment.

They're cheap, and delicious. Really well seasoned meat of every type (slightly greasy, but nothing compared to fast food places), lots of cilantro, lettuce, tomatoes, avacado and onions.

Plus ceviche, which is probably the freshest tasting food in the world next to sushi.

I couldn't find the caloric content of the bowl, but I'm sure it's astronomical. I mean a KFC kicker (which I will admit are tasty little motherfuckers) is basically 2/3 of a chicken strip on bread with lettuce and mayo, and it's like 360 calories.

The KFC bowl sort of gives me a bad feeling just thinking about it. Like those 2000 calory Hungry-Man dinners.

Though Booker's line readings in those commercials always cracked me up. "CORRRRRRN and puddin'"

OK, I had one of the mashed potato bowls today from KFC. Not that bad...nothing mind blowing, but not as horrible as people here are making it out to be. I didn't find the cheese or gravy to be overwhelming. More corn and mashed potato than I expected.

KFC Chicken Bowl:

Calories: 690

Calories from fat: 270

Total fat: 31 grams

Saturated fat: 9 grams

Carbohydrates: 77 grams

It's not much worse than anything else KFC has, really.

the past few times I've had KFC it's had a funky aftertaste, like the morons behind the counter haven't changed the grease.

From my experience, the idiots in this neck of the woods would change the KFC grease once every few weeks, whereas Long John Silvers had a shelf-life of about 3 to 4 days at most. This is from brand new oil to brand new oil, not "add extra fresh grease when it burns down".

I had one manager tell me they used to go upwards of a month without completely changing the oil out. I was sickened.

Why would you even spend money buying movie theatre food? $4.50 for a medium popcorn? FUCK THAT. That's why you always go to dinner before the movie or at least sneak the food in.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

I sneak in $1 packets of Goobers, Raisinets, Snowcaps, etc. It's like $4 for the exact same packet at the theatre prices.

Are you gonna eat popcorn when you're on your date?

Reeces Pieces in a theatre style box are $.88 at Wal Mart. I never really liked popcorn to start with.

Although if I ever get a hankering for caramel corn..now I just do the recipe off the back of the Kix box in which you coat kix with Caramel and it tastes about 90% like caramel corn without the corn part.

the past few times I've had KFC it's had a funky aftertaste, like the morons behind the counter haven't changed the grease.

KFC's like Pizza Hut in the sense that every time you have their "food," you swear you're never eating there again. Then a few months later your grease tank needs a fill-up so you return only to repeat this magical process again.

I feel the same way about Wendy's.

I don't know, I really liked the bowl. DEFINITELY not something you want to be eating every day, or hell, every week, but still good for what it is. And there's just a sprinkle of chesse on there, not like a whole mound or anything. I really dig their boneless wings. Well, depending on how old they are, but when they're freshly cooked with a good coating of buffalo sauce they're great.

Guest StylesMark

KFC is pretty nasty. Pizza Hut too.

You're all gonna die young from this shit.

I ate one of these, and it blew my fucking mind.

I don't know if I should eat it or fuck it.

I'm in love.

Guest Princess Leena
Why would you even spend money buying movie theatre food? $4.50 for a medium popcorn? FUCK THAT. That's why you always go to dinner before the movie or at least sneak the food in.

That's cheap.

Last time I went to the theater with friends, $14 for a large popcorn, and a medium coke. FOURTEEN FUCKING DOLLARS. It more than made up for the free passes that all of us had.

KFC's like Pizza Hut in the sense that every time you have their "food," you swear you're never eating there again. Then a few months later your grease tank needs a fill-up so you return only to repeat this magical process again.

:huh:

Yum Brands meaning PepsiCo.

No, not meaning PepsiCo. They aren't owned by the same company.

Yum! owns KFC, Taco Bell, A&W, Pizza Hut, and Long John Silvers. For a while, Tricon owned KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell, while Yorkshire Restaurants owned LJS and A&W. Tricon merged the two companies to one - that being Yum~!.

You gotta love their slogan "By ourselves we're delicious, but together we're Yum!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum%21_Brands%2C_Inc.

Tricon was part of Pepsi, but Yum is not.

My friend called it the slop bucket.

My sentiments exactly. It's nothing really mind-blowing since it's basically a meal tossed into the same bowl. The corn is passable but I'm not a big fan of the whipped potatoes KFC serves.

huh.gif

My guess is that he's talking about that goodness otherwise known as a triple cheeseburger. The bun turns to mush from all the grease before it even gets to your table. :wub:

KFC Chicken Bowl:

Calories: 690

Calories from fat: 270

Total fat: 31 grams

Saturated fat: 9 grams

Carbohydrates: 77 grams

It's not much worse than anything else KFC has, really.

The KFC bowl is exactly like having the chicken, mashed potatos, corn and gravy that you would have in a normal meal. I don't understand what the uproar is about.

Yum Brands meaning PepsiCo.

No, not meaning PepsiCo. They aren't owned by the same company.

Yum! owns KFC, Taco Bell, A&W, Pizza Hut, and Long John Silvers. For a while, Tricon owned KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell, while Yorkshire Restaurants owned LJS and A&W. Tricon merged the two companies to one - that being Yum~!.

You gotta love their slogan "By ourselves we're delicious, but together we're Yum!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yum%21_Brands%2C_Inc.

Tricon was part of Pepsi, but Yum is not.

Tricon was spun off and then went through a name change, so technically, Yum! was a part of PepsiCo. Yum! is my biggest customer, and let me tell you, the execs are WEIRD. There's this guy who comes to inspect the plant; he looks and dresses like someone straight out of The Matrix.

Guest Felonies!

Oh good lord, this is horrific. It's like chunky gravy soup. I HATE, HATE, HATE gravy.

EDIT: It's now about 8.21 p.m. I feel like I'm either going to have a heart attack or vomit.

Are you gonna eat popcorn when you're on your date?

The creamed corn that they have at the movie theatre is too crunchy.

This episode was just on last night. I heard that line in the background when I was getting something to drink. I don't watch Family Guy these days.

Edited by Felonies!