TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Weird Former ECW Alumni

OK...since there's somewhat of an ECW build going on now, and in light of the fact that the WWE vs. ECW show is tonight, I figured I'd make this thread.

List some people that, either at the time or looking back, made you wonder "why is THIS person in ECW?"

I'll list four off the top of my head.

1)Scott Hall: Well, he wasn't there very long, but he was there for a few shows. Besides the drinking, I didn't think he'd really fit. He was more a sports entertainer, with his former Razor gimmick and such.

2)Dusty Rhodes: If this was Eastern Championship Wrestling he was in when he came it, it'd work. But it was Extreme by the time he entered. Besides his feud with Corino...I just didn't think he quite fit the ECW mold.

3)Bam Bam Bigelow: Though he ended up working in the end...at the time I didn't think he'd fit in with ECW. And not because of his loss to Taylor I don't know why, I just didn't. Maybe it was after seeing his fire shooting suit he had in his last WWF run.

And lastly...

4)Sid: I just did NOT get what Heyman thought Sid could bring to ECW, unless he was looking for a "new" 911.

Mike Lozansky (that it?)

He was briefly shown last year in the "dearly departed" segment during ONS.

I know Bobby Eaton made a cameo appearance in the Summer of 2000.

It's true. Meh.

Waters, he was there in 96ish. Honestly, I never saw him, I didn't start watching ECW till 98ish. He was still going by Marcus Alexander Bagwell. He and Scorpio defintiely held the tag titles for a bit.

He was still going by Marcus Alexander Bagwell. He and Scorpio defintiely held the tag titles for a bit.

That took place in WCW.

Well there was Jimmy Sunka. Although I think he was there when it was known as Eastern Championship Wrestling.

yeah it was Eastern back then - he was there at the beginning of the federation under Todd Gordon I think

It's true. Meh.

Waters, he was there in 96ish. Honestly, I never saw him, I didn't start watching ECW till 98ish. He was still going by Marcus Alexander Bagwell. He and Scorpio defintiely held the tag titles for a bit.

That was WCW in 1993, dude. You're way off.

Matt Borne (Doink The Clown), was that Eastern though? If not, then I'll vote Mr. Hughes.

That may have been Eastern or when they JUST turned Extreme.

BUT...it did lead to the, from what I heard, interesting "Borne Again" character.

Sandman was his actual co-holder, not Bagwell.

I don't what the fuck made me think that, especially since I never watched WCW all that much, certainly not in 93. I can't even blame this one on beer, as I was sober for a change last night. :bonk:

It was still Eastern, but Snuka was indeed the first. Douglas, of course was the first Exteme.

Another tidbit? First guy to kick out of the Superfly Splash? Tommy Dreamer.

Sandman was his actual co-holder, not Bagwell.

I don't what the fuck made me think that, especially since I never watched WCW all that much, certainly not in 93. I can't even blame this one on beer, as I was sober for a change last night. :bonk:

It was still Eastern, but Snuka was indeed the first. Douglas, of course was the first Exteme.

Another tidbit? First guy to kick out of the Superfly Splash? Tommy Dreamer.

Was he still wearing green suspenders at the time?

Lita and Buff Bagwell.

Bagwell goes without saying but Lita, why not? She had her somewhat-unique spots, and was something different for a valet.

Lita and Buff Bagwell.

Bagwell goes without saying but Lita, why not? She had her somewhat-unique spots, and was something different for a valet.

Plus it was her pre-Lita days.

Guest Hadley

Ron Simmons

Marty Jannetty

Mabel

Ludvig Borga (wasnt he there for a cup of coffee in 98?)

PN News

Hawk (granted, it was still eastern then)

Dark Patriot (ditto)

Devon Storm

Ray Oddessy

Agreed on Bam Bam. I don't care how hard he was pushed, I could never take him seriously after his run in 95 WWF.

I remember the Heavenly Bodies being there for a time, and being aligned with Raven on top of that, which was a little weird. Also, the Samoan Gangsta Party.

Along the line of Bigelow...

I know back in the day, a video was promoted as having a match with Bigelow against Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy...

Was that any good or was Gordy too far gone by that time?

Guest netslob

Arn Anderson

Tully Blanchard when he was waaaaaaaaay past his prime.

Just noticed something in one of my WWE released ECW DVDs...

Was DORY Funk ever a part of ECW? I thought I saw him.

Yep, the Funks (Dory & Terry) feuded with the Public Enemy

Guest netslob

also he and Terry faced the PE in ECW's very first barbed-wire match, which may also be the match snuffbox is refering to.

Dory was involved in the 'fans throw a fucking lot of chairs in the ring' episode way back in the day.

Despite my credibility all but ruined in this thread, wasnt that Funk/Foley against the PE?

It also happened in a Corino/Credible/Sandman three way dance in December '00.