TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

The Omen

I thought the death scenes were pretty sweet, but other than that I'm going with the original being the better film. The kid in this one was just way too cute to take his angry face seriously.

It was alright. I went with a couple of friends to go see it. They never saw the original and half the shit they saw coming. The deaths were nice (OMG Final Destination!), but the acting was so over the top and unbelievable. You couldn't take it seriously. I'm looking at you, Pete Postlethwaite! I thought Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick played a good Damien with his creepy eyes (not sure if those are his legit eyes, but most likely contacts I think). Mia Farrow

plays a good bitch since it was so obvious you could tell she was faking her intentions

and I still hate Julia Stiles. They also tried too hard to scare people also. A lot of jump scenes, really annoying since you could see them coming since there was no music playing, but the audience screamed since there was a lot of female teenagers. I'll admit though we ruined the movie since we wouldn't shut the fuck up, but IMO I think we actually improved our enjoyment of the film by doing so. :)

Yeah, it really came across as one of those popcorn horror movies that you're almost supposed to talk during and make fun of MST3K styles. ;)