TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Most annoying ROH crowd ever?

Guest Askewniverse
He already has more charisma than all the wrestlers I've seen from ROH.

How much ROH have you seen?

He'd be way better than Hero and Danielson as a heel who come off as a little too bland in their heelish actions.

How is Danielson bland?

If Danielson was so bland, the "I have till five, referee" bit wouldn't have caught on as well as it did. If Chris Benoit did the same things that Danielson does, you would probably be praising Benoit for being such a great heel.

"Did you see the way Benoit kept throwing those elbows? That was so intense! It was one of the most heelish things I've seen!"

Say, this gives me a good idea for a topic. Who would be the best possible heel that ROH could get that's never wrestled for them before?

Who would you say it is Tigeraid?

It's already happened. CM Punk. He gets a contract with the vile, hated WWE, he makes it his ultimate goal to win the belt, crowd rabidly supports him doing so. Finally wins the belt, gets all emotional, then suddenly swerves and cuts a scathing, FANTASTIC heel promo (The greatest thing the devil ever did was convincing people that he didn't exist... tremendous) and proceeds to shit on all the fans, and threaten to take the ROH World Title to WWE with him. Suddenly you have a perfect heel.

As for someone who hasn't wrestled... I think maybe we're missing the target here. ROH has proven you can be a successful heel and still be cheered, or at least partially cheered. I can see you're kinda painting me into a corner by saying "who could get "real" heel heat" and by your definition, heel heat is hatred bordering on violence. I think Orton would definitely get that. But he'd get it because fans genuinely hate everything that he is, kayfabe or otherwise. The same goes for Jeff Hardy, Konnan, anyone else. The kind of heel heat a "good" heel would get in ROH would involve applause for a show well done, and would still get some deuling chants, and whatever.

As far as who hasn't worked for them (and that's a short list, really) .... personally, I'd love to see Edge. He could no doubt cut scathing anti-indy promos and talk up WWE, and while I don't consider him that great of a worker, he's solid enough that he might have a few good matches with some of the top guys. But in the end I think he'd still fizzle out ala Matt Hardy, because it's SO hard for a WWE guy to go back to the ROH/strong/indy style again. James Gibson was a rare exception.

"The dueling chants aren't dueling however. They're the furthest thing from it."

Incredible. Having been to numerous ROH shows where the dueling chants WERE INDEED DUELING and one's where they weren't, I don't understand how you can determine it from watching a tape. Even if you watch every match on every ROH release, I just don't get it. And this is coming from someone who has been critical of ROH crowds (maybe one of the first). But being there live for 4/12/03 London vs. Danielson, there was LEGIT passion. The NYC bus trip LOVED London to death while the others were behind the foundation of the company in Danielson. Eventually the dueling chants became masturbatory in some matches but even when masturbatory, they were mainly used to get the crowd back into a match after a dead period.

Tim

I don't give a fuck about the chants.

They seem to give the wrestlers this look on thier face that says, "Hey let's turn this up a notch."

And usually it results in some cool mofuckin wrestling.

Guest wildpegasus

ROH fans hit a new low

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=17085

The make up of the crowd was predominately hardcore wrestling fans, all into the ROH product, although there were one or two families who just went because it was 'wrestling', and had no idea that this would be any different from ‘All Star British Wrestling’ or ‘WWE Wrestling’. Boy, were they in for a surprise (mainly how much more athletic and realistic it was). There were also a fair number of young kids there; in particular, there were about five or six 10 year olds in one of the balcony boxes, who were having the absolute time of their lives chanting wrestlers names and cheering guys on. I mention this, because it took some of the heat out of the Davey Richards vs Jimmy Rave match early on, with both guys stopping to glare at the kids stealing their heat. A few 'Shut the f*** up' and 'Past Your Bedtime' chants later and they were generally less annoying (if not any less vocal).

If you think Orton has more charisma than Bryan Danielson, you're confusing 'look' with 'charisma'.

I know you're into weight lifting and all that, and that Orton's buff, but he has zero charisma. All he does is smirk. What a well-rounded character. His promos pretty much suck, too. Part of this is probably due to the WWE's writers. He was a terrible face, too.

Danielson is a fairly goofy-looking guy, but he's a hell of a wrestler, and has tons of in-ring charisma. He's very comparable to Benoit, who was held back for years because they didn't think he had the look or the mic skills, yet he didn't need to talk, because he had tons of in-ring charisma.

Er... How in the hell does that mean ROH fans hit a new low? ROH is a mature, hardcore-fanish wrestling promotion. You can't possibly expect a thousand fans to say "oh shit, there's kids in the audience, let's just be quiet and act like japanese fans all night!"

So having hardcore fans shout down kids is "a new low," but having thousands of kids in a WWE arena watching HHH fuck a corpse is okay?

As is so often said when conservatives bitch about TV content: if they don't want kids watching it, don't show it to them.

Guest wildpegasus
If you think Orton has more charisma than Bryan Danielson, you're confusing 'look' with 'charisma'.

I know you're into weight lifting and all that, and that Orton's buff, but he has zero charisma. All he does is smirk. What a well-rounded character. His promos pretty much suck, too. Part of this is probably due to the WWE's writers. He was a terrible face, too.

Danielson is a fairly goofy-looking guy, but he's a hell of a wrestler, and has tons of in-ring charisma. He's very comparable to Benoit, who was held back for years because they didn't think he had the look or the mic skills, yet he didn't need to talk, because he had tons of in-ring charisma.

I think Orton's prick "appeal" is more charasmatic than Danielson's persona as Orton's personality is more natural. About Orton's face since you mentioned it -- The girls all seem to like Orton's face so it must be okay and on the flip side of the coin all the guys tend to hate his looks out of jealousy. It works.

Danielson is built by the way. Especially in his legs which is something you sometimes don't see in wrestling. I respect him for that.

Guest wildpegasus
Er... How in the hell does that mean ROH fans hit a new low? ROH is a mature, hardcore-fanish wrestling promotion. You can't possibly expect a thousand fans to say "oh shit, there's kids in the audience, let's just be quiet and act like japanese fans all night!"

So having hardcore fans shout down kids is "a new low," but having thousands of kids in a WWE arena watching HHH fuck a corpse is okay?

As is so often said when conservatives bitch about TV content: if they don't want kids watching it, don't show it to them.

Shouting at kids who are having fun "because they're not smart enough" is extremely low. Not only is it snobbish, ironic, demeaning and contrary to what is wrestling is all about it's just plain disgusting. Not only were they shouting at them they were cursing AT KIDS. Let me repeating that. THEY WERE CURSING AT KIDS FOR ENJOYING THEMSELVES. One of the rules of life is that you never and I mean ever curse at kids. That's only something the lowest of the low people do. And what were they doing it for? Because the "kids don't get it" in their eyes. Wow, what motivation. Anyone who does things like this to kids should be taken out to the street and shot so we have no worries about their genes spreading. Now before anyone debates the last line let's just say I used exaggeration to make a point.

What does HHH screwing a corpse have to do with anything? Even though this if off topic somewhat I will talk about since that's never really stopped me before. HHH screwing a corpse isn't nearly as low as fans using vulgar profanity at kids. HHH may be having a weird influence on kids while screwing a corpse but at least he's not out right attacking them. There's a big difference there.

Man, that just goes to show you how low some fans can truly be.

More discussion on the topic here btw

http://z3.invisionfree.com/New_Millennium_...?showtopic=4296 and the smarkschoice board as well

You are aware that the kids were shouting profanities at the wrestlers and ring staff at first, correct? If the parents aren't concerned about their children using profanity, the crowd shouldn't have to.

I haven't seen the footage (obviously, and neither have you, until the DVD comes out) but the way it was worded made it sound like the kids were chanting/cheering to the point of being incredibly annoying. The only difference between this and a normal ROH, ECW or TNA crowd situation is that they're younger.

They're in the environment, which means they're succeptable to the same crap. I'd tell a kid to shut the fuck up if he was annoying me, and I'd tell a full grown adult to shut the fuck up if he was annoying me.

It was a wrestling show, the ownus is on the parents to determine whether the kids are up for it or not. That's the reason I brought up the Katey Vick bullshit, or any number of other tasteless insulting WWE angles. These are the same parents that likely let their kids watch RAW every Monday night to see all sorts of demeaning insulting acts, bad language, sexual references and violence. Who cares if it's directed AT them or not (and some is, whenever a heel wrestler shits on the fans)... they're either ready for it or they're not, and that's up to the parents, not the CROWD.

I wonder if the parents also looked on the back of the ROH tickets, where it says that ROH isn't held liable for shit that goes wrong? I think maybe being cursed at falls under that category, IMO.

Guest Askewniverse
About Orton's face since you mentioned it -- The girls all seem to like Orton's face so it must be okay and on the flip side of the coin all the guys tend to hate his looks out of jealousy. It works.

BP didn't say anything about Orton's face. Read the post again. He said Orton was a terrible face.

HHH screwing a corpse isn't nearly as low as fans using vulgar profanity at kids.

Yeah, because necrophilia is much more acceptable than profanity.

They were 10-year old kids. I think it's safe to say they've heard profanity prior to the show.

WWE does things that are much worse on a regular basis. You're just trying to find more reasons to justify your ROH hate.

Shouting at kids who are having fun

So, when kids chant during a ROH show, you think they're doing it to have fun and enjoy themselves. But when older ROH fans chant, you insist they're "trying to put themselves over."

How does that make sense?

Guest wildpegasus
About Orton's face since you mentioned it -- The girls all seem to like Orton's face so it must be okay and on the flip side of the coin all the guys tend to hate his looks out of jealousy. It works.

BP didn't say anything about Orton's face. Read the post again. He said Orton was a terrible face.

HHH screwing a corpse isn't nearly as low as fans using vulgar profanity at kids.

Yeah, because necrophilia is much more acceptable than profanity.

They were 10-year old kids. I think it's safe to say they've heard profanity prior to the show.

WWE does things that are much worse on a regular basis. You're just trying to find more reasons to justify your ROH hate.

Shouting at kids who are having fun

So, when kids chant during a ROH show, you think they're doing it to have fun and enjoy themselves. But when older ROH fans chant, you insist they're "trying to put themselves over."

How does that make sense?

Lol! I read that face quote wrong!

I don't hate ROH. I just don't really care for the marketing aspect of it as they have brainwashed a lot of people. It's admirable in a way how they've done it but it's still irritating trying to talk sensibly to a lot of its fans. They think they're better than they're everyone else for liking a product "that's superior". The blindness in the marketing kind of reminds me of the WWE attitude era in certain ways. That was annoying too.

Maybe it's just because I have morals but I don't like older people cursing at kids. So sue me for that. It doesn't matter what WWE does in the ring as that's a completely different situation here. We're talking about annoying ROH fans.

Several people have said that the kids were just trying to enjoy themselves cheering and booing for wrestlers and that the older ROH fans took exception to that because the kids were not being high class ROH snobs who know how "to cheer correctly and "who understand wrestling". I am going by their words so that's why I said they were enjoying themselves.

If this last incident doesn't prove to you that the ROH fans love putting themselves over than I don't know what will. If they really only cared about the wrestling and just the wrestling than they wouldn't let themselves get distracted by kids doing whatever they were doing. Instead, they JUST HAD to put themselves over once again by demeaning some innocent kids. "Yay, we're cool because we understand real professional wrestling and you guys are no good because you don't so we're going to show how superior we are by cursing at you". The irony, oh the irony.

I think everyone (Some of the people here, and most ROH fans) need to step back and continue to realise one thing, cause I know everyone here knows it's true......Wrestling ISN"T REAL. There is no "understanding wrestling more". Wrestling is wrestling, whether it's ROH technical snobbish bullshit, or it's WWE insulting your intelligence stupidity. If a kid pays to go in and see a ROH show (whether their parents are there or not) they are intitled to cheer whoever they want and if a ROH fan (or group of fans) is too stupid to realise that or think they are better because they like a better worker, then they should really review the reason why they watch wrestling. I thought it was supposed to be entertaining, and if them kids are entertained by The Carnage Crew or Dunn and Marcos (sorry I never read who they were shitting on or cheering for) as opposed to Am Drag or Homicide or Joe, then that is their perogative. As for people shitting on them for it, be it fans or wrestlers, if they are old enough to shit on, they are old enough to get shit on.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Did WildPegasus miss the part were it said that the wrestlers were pissed at the kids?

Did someone just use the word, "ownus"?

:lol:

I'm sure I spelled that wrong--the Internets has ruined my English :huh:

Did WildPegasus miss the part were it said that the wrestlers were pissed at the kids?

That was kinda might point as well... the way the reports made it sound was that the kids had gone beyond normal chanting and had gotten downright annoying.

Guest wildpegasus

I mention this, because it took some of the heat out of the Davey Richards vs Jimmy Rave match early on, with both guys stopping to glare at the kids stealing their heat. A few 'Shut the f*** up' and 'Past Your Bedtime' chants later and they were generally less annoying (if not any less vocal).

Are you talking about that? That sounds extremely reprehensible too if it is true. Getting other members of the audience to chant at kids because their feelings are hurt. If they were good enough workers than they wouldn't have to worry about "kids stealing their heat" with the attention lacking ROH fans.

I'd tell a kid to shut the fuck up if he was annoying me

C'mon. I know you like ROH a lot but this is backwards logic. So you're with your own kids or if you don't have any or you're at your relatives place. The kids there start to annoy you some. You're going to tell them to "shut the f*ck up"? Seriously?

When the relatives start asking you what on earth is the matter with you what are you going to do? Tell them well it's okay to do it in ROH if they're annoying so it must be okay to do it in here too. I know people like to defend ROH and its fans but this is riduculous.

In that environment? Yes I will tell them, as I'd tell anyone else. I would tell them that in a movie theatre if they were annoying the hell out of me too. I have on numerous occasions. On the other hand, I wouldn't tell them to do it at Chuck E Cheese, where such things belong.

Alright come on now you're all debating if it was okay or not to chant shit at the kids because of how they acted

yet no one has specified what these kids did that was so bad - just that they were were "having the time of their life and cheering their favorites on" - that's ALL that's been stated about what they did

The rest is speculation based on the half-baked theory "Well if the fans chanted that stuff at them they must have been doing something bad"

Does anyone actually KNOW what they were doing? If not then the whole conversation is rather pointless wouldn't you say?

The only chant I don't like in any fed is "You fucked up." Anything else makes the match feel exciting. I find stuff from ECW, ROH, and TNA shows more watchable than WWE because the crowd is so into the match, keeping me interested too.

No the bunch of 10 year old kids in the balcony were annoying, they were chanting "who are ya? who are ya?" during the matches..they weren't there to see the wrestling, they were running about the place finding things to throw into the ring. Toilet paper during the intros is fine, throwing random stuff into the ring and onto the fans beneath them isn't.

I rest my case.

Guest wildpegasus

No the bunch of 10 year old kids in the balcony were annoying, they were chanting "who are ya? who are ya?" during the matches..they weren't there to see the wrestling, they were running about the place finding things to throw into the ring. Toilet paper during the intros is fine, throwing random stuff into the ring and onto the fans beneath them isn't.

I rest my case.

Read the whole thread. Your case is far, far from rested.

UK crowds are notoriously fickle, WP.

You clearly just dislike ROH, which is perfectly fine.

Calling every ROH fan a ROHbot is just stupid, though.

If they were throwing shit on wrestlers and fans, then, yes, they deserved all the shit they got.

Guest wildpegasus

If they were throwing shit on wrestlers and fans, then, yes, they deserved all the shit they got.

I like ROH by the way. It's just that they have a lot of signifigant problems. The deranged fans help to ruin the product as well. I just call a spade a spade like I always have in wrestling. Look at my mini review of one of the American Dragon vs Chris Hero matches for ex. How can that come from a ROH non liker?

And why is it that people are allowed to diss the WWE but not ROH?

Read the whole thread. There are differing viewpoints on the event from both normal people and ROHbots/ROH street-teamers who were both at the event. Even different recaps of what actually happened with the fans.

Most viewpoints have been discussed there, here, smarkschoice and deathvalley so I'm kind of done debating this particular night. If the ROH fans somehow manage to top this night than we can have fun discussing that as well.

Guest workratemark

Most annoying crowd would have to be from the 6/24 show in chicago. There were some people in almost every section trying to get themselves over rather than watching the show. I had this one kid sitting behind me who kept shouting stupid shit all night. I prefer to just watch wrestling and be entertained.