TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

More Civil War

Mid-2004, when he was writing a match against someone (I can't remember who, possibly Clark). Manson wrote a couple of thousand words of a normal match, ran out of time and tacked on a finish where laser eye beams shot out of his head and destroyed his opponent with the power of MANSONOSITY.

Suicide King, who was marking, didn't put it over the full-length match written by his opponent but still thought that it was great and encouraged Manson to post the losing match for all to see. And so the legend of MANSONOSITY, and Manson's cult status in the fed, came to be.

I had to look it up. The match you're referring to was a Triple Threat with Gilbert and Munich, in which Munich exploded upon breaking up my pin attempt, Gilbert's eyes fell out upon bearing witness and I rolled him up for the pin.

But no eye beams. I don't know which match they're in. I'm fairly sure I did write it and it was fairly early on, along with ripping out someone's spinal column at one point, but I couldn't find either.

Yeah, I didn't think it was me. I only wrote against Manson once, maybe twice, with the first being in a cage leading to the ill-fated Apostle name-switch and feud with Craig (even if it did lead to one of my favorite things ever -- Condemned House).

I might have faced him some other time right after winning the Euro title for the second time, but I don't think so. Matter of factly, I severely doubt it, given the Clark/Royal story going at the time. I beat Landon for it and maybe defended it once (if that) before losing it back to Landon in January en route to the Last SJL Match Evah.

Note: This doesn't count Calvinballs and the possibility that he was a part of the "Niagara Falls Deathmatch", which I'm not sure of.

I had to look it up. The match you're referring to was a Triple Threat with Gilbert and Munich, in which Munich exploded upon breaking up my pin attempt, Gilbert's eyes fell out upon bearing witness and I rolled him up for the pin.

But no eye beams. I don't know which match they're in. I'm fairly sure I did write it and it was fairly early on, along with ripping out someone's spinal column at one point, but I couldn't find either.

I love the fact that we can have conversations like this in this fed. For all the neck-snapping, bone-breaking seriousness and the fact that some of us (particularly me) can get really pissy when we lose, we still have matches where a (kayfabe-wise) midcard Jobber To The Stars can disintegrate, decapitate, dismember or otherwise destroy whoever he's in the ring with at the time.

AND NONE OF US THINK IT'S ODD ANYMORE.

I remember the eyes falling out match... but I couldn't pinpoint the actual eyebeams. I know I wrote it into a match with Skull... but couldn't remember if Manson had made use of them before.

I love the fact that we can have conversations like this in this fed. For all the neck-snapping, bone-breaking seriousness and the fact that some of us (particularly me) can get really pissy when we lose, we still have matches where a (kayfabe-wise) midcard Jobber To The Stars can disintegrate, decapitate, dismember or otherwise destroy whoever he's in the ring with at the time.

AND NONE OF US THINK IT'S ODD ANYMORE.

MANSONOSITY brings people together under an umbrella of peace and harmony, a utopia of sorts, brought forth through a common, underlying fear that they may be next.

I'm thinking now that the eye beams may have originated in GODrea's Lollerskates comic. I know I offered that and some other suggestions for blowing Spike up, and the lasers were probably the most practical, but I wonder if it's because I thought I had written them before or what.

MANSONOSITY brings people together under an umbrella of peace and harmony, a utopia of sorts, brought forth through a common, underlying fear that they may be next.

It's that harmony that leads to everyone being perfectly normal the next time they're on TV.