TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

J.J. Redick...

From ESPN.com

J.J. Redick, a likely first-round pick in this month's NBA draft, was arrested for driving while impaired early Tuesday and has was released on $1,000 bond, a Raleigh-Durham, N.C., television station reported.

WTVD, citing a police report, said that Redick was arrested at 1:03 a.m. in Durham, N.C., after the former Duke star made an illegal U-turn to avoid a police checkpoint.

The television station reported that Redick is scheduled to appear in a Durham court on July 17.

The NBA draft is scheduled June 28 in New York City. How an arrest will affect Redick's draft status is unclear.

"I think that these things hurt anybody's draft status," an Eastern Conference GM, who wanted to remain anonymous, told ESPN.com's Andy Katz. "They do in my eyes. I take these things seriously. That's too bad."

Redick had previously pulled out of scheduled workouts with Orlando and Boston this week. Previously, he had worked out for Golden State, Utah, Houston and Seattle.

Among the teams reportedly interested in Redick is Houston, which has the No. 8 pick.

Redick, who won the 2006 Wooden Award as the nation's top college player, shot 47 percent from the field, 42 percent from 3-point range and 85 percent from the free throw line in leading Duke to a 32-4 record. He finished his career with 2,769 points and 457 3-pointers.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Guest Smues

I love J.J. Redick, but I hate drunk drivers. Way to go moron. He's lucky he didn't injure himself or some one else.

If he's already drinking now, imagine what he'll do when his draft stock plummets on live TV in a few weeks. Dumbass.

I love it. He pulled an illegal U-Turn to avoid a checkpoint and got arrested for that.

LOVE IT.

I hate J.J. and his poetry and I only wish I got to see him once at the Smith Center because he got heckled pretty bad there.

Hey! Hey! Guys!

I came up with a new pun that has never been used before ever!

That's Redick-ulous. Never been used before. Came straight out of my brain.

I wish JJ would have been drunk enough to drive into a telephone pole and die while his car is on fire! GO HEELS!!!! [/geniusMoment]

I hope we're enjoying National Dumb Athletes Week.

Is it time for Miami players to commit a crime yet?

Ben already did that on yesterday.

Miami, FL is the college with the felons. Ben Roethlisberger went to Miami (Ohio).

Miami, FL is the college with the felons. Ben Roethlisberger went to Miami (Ohio).

No shit sherlock. It's still Miami. He wasn't specific and it was sarcasm. Miami(OH) has its own felons like Miami(FLA), we just have better lawyers.

No shit sherlock. It's still Miami. He wasn't specific and it was sarcasm. Miami(OH) has its own felons like Miami(FLA), we just have better lawyers.

Well thanks for not overreacting!

So how far does Redick fall now?

Does he get picked up by a good team in the early twenties and become a contributor right away?

One guy wrecks his cycle on Monday and another gets a DWI the next day. What white superstar from a snobby school is going to crash a plane tomorrow?

Guest StylesMark

At least he didn't hurt himself or someone else. He seems like a good fit for Portland now.

One guy wrecks his cycle on Monday and another gets a DWI the next day. What white superstar from a snobby school is going to crash a plane tomorrow?

If I'm a Stanford baseball player, I'm hiding in my basement tomorrow.

Oh hell, I was thinking the guy was plastered. .11? That ain't that drunk. Especially if .08 is legal. Still, if he falls that is just some team that is going to be able to pick up a shooter.

If I'm a Stanford baseball player, I'm hiding in my basement tomorrow.

And you'd probably be running a meth lab down there.