TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

Favorite Beer...

I can find Carlsburg in just about any Publix up here.

As for my favorite beer, jeez where to start? Lately, I've been loving Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA.

If you like that Inc., try and find some of their 90 minute IPA. One of my top ten favorite beers.

Dog Fish Head is quality.

Right now though my favorite beer is Victory Hop Devil Ale. Anyone who likes good beers should track some Victory down.

As for my favorite beer, jeez where to start? Lately, I've been loving Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA.

If you like that Inc., try and find some of their 90 minute IPA. One of my top ten favorite beers.

I've had it and I do like it, though not as much as the 60. The 60 has a stronger hop flavor—which is odd, considering—and I love really hoppy stuff. Have you had their 120? It's...okay. A little too much like gin, I think. The only time I had it, I was splitting a 12oz bottle with a friend; it took me about 20 minutes to finish just six ounces, which makes me think I could never take a whole bottle.

Their World Wide Stout, in spite of being almost as strong as the 120, is very, very drinkable. I can't wait until its available again.

I've had it and I do like it, though not as much as the 60. The 60 has a stronger hop flavor—which is odd, considering—and I love really hoppy stuff. Have you had their 120? It's...okay. A little too much like gin, I think. The only time I had it, I was splitting a 12oz bottle with a friend; it took me about 20 minutes to finish just six ounces, which makes me think I could never take a whole bottle.

Their World Wide Stout, in spite of being almost as strong as the 120, is very, very drinkable. I can't wait until its available again.

If I'm not mistaken it comes out in November.

I mentioned it already but I can't recommend it enough: Ayinger's Celebrator Dopplebock. I praise it because it was the beer that turned me off of the crap beer that I had been drinking and on to higher quality import and domestics.

I like the Celebrator—I have one of those little rams hanging off the handle of a cabinet in my kitchen!—but I have a mild allergy to spending ten dollars or more for a four pack. So I don't drink Celebrator very often.

Right now, I'm enjoying Dogfish Head's Raison D'Etre. I haven't had it in over a year; it's just as good as I remembered.

Yeah, I can get it for 9.99 for a four pack. I just like it enough to spend that much, and yes, the ram thingies rule!

As a matter of fact, if they sold that stuff in 1.49 40 oz like they do King Cobra, 95% of the country would be drunks.

Guest Vitamin X

Where does Inc find these "indie" beers?

At my Publix, they seem to have rather standard fare, and the closest I can get to anything that's not your typical Sierra Nevada-Newcastle-domestics crap is at wineries, and even then.. I guess due to where I live.. it's mostly Latin American beers and whatnot.

I have a fondness for Heineken, but I'm more of a lager guy, I suppose.

Where does Inc find these "indie" beers?

At my Publix, they seem to have rather standard fare, and the closest I can get to anything that's not your typical Sierra Nevada-Newcastle-domestics crap is at wineries, and even then.. I guess due to where I live.. it's mostly Latin American beers and whatnot.

I have a fondness for Heineken, but I'm more of a lager guy, I suppose.

Surprisingly, I looked around for places in Miami for you VX and couldn't find anything either. It appears that Tampa is the hot spot for beer in Florida, although it's quite a ways away from Miami, IIRC.

I do most my beer shopping at select Jax Liquors locations (there's several here, but only a third of them have a good selection), World Market and Broudie's. The last of those is a liquor store out at the beach; they also have a couple of locations in St. Augustine, but neither are quite as up to snuff as the one here. Occasionally, I'll find something a little left-of-center at Publix, but that doesn't happen very often.

Shiner is a decent, affordably-priced lager, but little more than that. They have a light beer that's arguably better than any light beer I've ever had, but that's not saying much.

I like Dos Equis okay. I prefer the amber to the regular lager, but really, I never drink it unless I'm eating at a Mexican restaurant, where it goes great with the cuisine.

Saranac samplers are usually good w/ the Christmas 12 pack probably being my favorite.

As I was born and raised in Pennsylvania, I believe I am fully obligated to mention Yuengling.

I also like Magic Hat #9.

Guest Vitamin X
I do most my beer shopping at select Jax Liquors locations (there's several here, but only a third of them have a good selection), World Market and Broudie's. The last of those is a liquor store out at the beach; they also have a couple of locations in St. Augustine, but neither are quite as up to snuff as the one here. Occasionally, I'll find something a little left-of-center at Publix, but that doesn't happen very often.

Hmm, well I've found a natural foods store called Wild Oats over in Miami Beach, so I think I might do some beer shopping there as well, if you found some things at World Market. I'm going there anyways on Sunday.

What lagers do you like?

Any Torontonians or those visiting the city should make the effort to visit the Beer Bistro on Front Street. They have a ridiculously large selection of taps and something around 100 + bottles.

Also, they make the best ketchup you'll ever have in your life. Smoked tomatoes = delicious catsup.

Shiner is a decent, affordably-priced lager, but little more than that. They have a light beer that's arguably better than any light beer I've ever had, but that's not saying much.

I like Dos Equis okay. I prefer the amber to the regular lager, but really, I never drink it unless I'm eating at a Mexican restaurant, where it goes great with the cuisine.

Shiner Hefeweizen (Hef-ay-vite-zen) is a classic unfiltered Bavarian-style wheat brew. Once poured into a glass, the distinctively cloudy Shiner Hefeweizen delivers a fresh, satisfying flavor from start to finish.

Follow these step-by-step directions to

POUR YOURSELF AN OUT OF BOTTLE EXPERIENCE™

1. POUR half of the bottle into a glass.

2. ROUSE the yeast by swirling the bottle and pouring what's left into the glass.

3. ENJOY this unfiltered brew with a generous wedge of lemon.

Top honors include:

May, 2005

Australian International Beer Awards

Silver Medal, Shiner Hefeweizen, Specialty Wheat Beer

Silver Medal, Shiner Hefeweizen, Specialty Beer Brewed with Honey

May, 2004

Australian International Beer Awards

Gold Medal, Shiner Hefeweizen, Specialty Wheat Beer

Silver Medal, Shiner Hefeweizen, Specialty Beer Brewed with Honey

June 18, 2002

World Beer Cup

Gold Award, Shiner Hefeweizen, Specialty Honey Lager or Ale