TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AboveAverage484

Favorite Beer...

guiness is much more filling than the regular beer. it always has been for me. i also drank it after smoking grass. the penchant flavor became trapped in my cotton mouth. it was awful.

getting back to cheap stuff, i find natural ice to be delicious, mostly because it has been brewed for a fresh, "natural" taste.

sam adams can't do anything right besides their cherry wheat, there's a honey brown up here that's amazing, and magic hat fat angel >>>>> magic hat #9.

After softball or during fishing I always have some Pabst Blue Ribbon on hand. At the bar though, I like to drink Michelob Light.

My understanding is that Guinness actually only has about 100 calories a pint...less than some lite American beers. I enjoy Guiness a lot, but for a really good dark beer, try Kostritzer. It's a fanstastic German "schwarzbier".

Neat fact about Guinness...the St. James Gate Brewery where Guinness was originally brewed was bought for 100 pounds, and leased for 9,000 years at only 45 pounds a year.

My understanding is that Guinness actually only has about 100 calories a pint...less than some lite American beers. I enjoy Guiness a lot, but for a really good dark beer, try Kostritzer. It's a fanstastic German "schwarzbier".

Neat fact about Guinness...the St. James Gate Brewery where Guinness was originally brewed was bought for 100 pounds, and leased for 9,000 years at only 45 pounds a year.

150 calories a pint, but who';s counting? Just pick up some chick from the bar and you'll burn those calories off,

easy.

My picks:

Guinness

Smithwick's

Sam Adams Boston Ale

Magic Hat #9

Red Hook Blonde

Harpoon Summer

Harpoon IPA

Klosterol (Swedish brew, sooooo good!)

Smuttynose Shoals Pale Ale

Lowenbrou is a good finish beer, and Smithicks and Harp.

There's the OV at a local watering hole, but its OV.

I've only had this once and it was called Hobgoblin from England. I've never heard of it, and it wasn't bad for a dark beer.

Also any fans of Grolsh(sp?)

I'm not normally big on wheat beers, but I love High Falls JW Dundee's Heffewiezen. Their Pale Ale is also decent. If you live in Upstate NY, I suggest you check them out. Microbrew quaility at Macro brew price.

Recent new stuff for me I also recomend:

Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold

Moosehead

Harpoon IPA

I also tried Stella a few weeks back and was really disapointed. I've heard raves about it, and I found it pretty mediocre.

Heineken and Molson Export.

I have no idea if these are "Good" beers, but I like 'em.

They're both "Good" beers, plus at least around were I live, you can get them anywhere. If you like it, its a good beer is my philosephy. I just can't stand pepole who won't go for cheap shit like Natty or Keystone, but insist you get "good beer" like Bud Light or Coors Light. Sometimes I just want cheap shit to pound, and those beers are all going to tast the same when their warm in a can.

Guest DRH 502

When I turn 21 i'm so drinking beer. I've abstained from drinking sans a few times (which I hated but I was drinking liquor) my whole life...but in my head I keep hearing everyone say how much better alcohol kicks those 2 vicodin in...so yeah. BEER!!!

Two things surprise me in this thread.

People hate Guiness and not for the taste.

Lots of people like Sam Adams,

Even the worst Sam Adams is better than fresh Lowenbrau, dude. I'm looking at you, Cherry Wheat.

You can't be serious.

Sludge is better than Sam Adams.

No way dude. The thing is, there's 15 different flavors out there of good ol' Sammy. I used to live blocks away from the brewery and would go on tours just for the tasting at the end. One time they had us try their Chocolate Bock... man was that shit tasty. Strong too.

The best Sam Adams, in my opinion:

Boston Lager

Boston Ale

Pale Ale

White Ale

Scotch Ale

Cranberry Lambic*

Old Fezziweg*

The last two I've only seen in their seasonal sampler pack. It's 7 AM and I'm craving a Sam Pale Ale. Is that

a problem?

Guest Vitamin X

Rolling Rock is a good place to start. I loved it, although I haven't drank it for a while.

Guest DRH 502

Yeah i'm just now turning 21, and I went this far hating alcohol but I must admit a few beers after work mellows me out nicely...I chose Rolling Rock dorkily enough because I saw it on the Sopranos.

Guest DRH 502

So yeah i've journeyed on to another beer...Corona. And I will never ever drink the nasty bullshit again. Corona blows. I didn't have any lime, but if you need lime to be able to stand the awful taste (and subsequent after taste) then fuck that shit. Rolling Rock for me. Yes sir.

One of my brand new favs.....

[/img]

My friend you have excellent taste. I've never seen it in a can. Does it have one of those doohickeys like

Guinness?

Yes it does.

Guest Vitamin X

So I picked up a 6-pack (bottles) of Yuengling Black and Tan the other day, and I have to say, I love it. One of the better dark beers I've had, and it doesn't have that thick barleyish taste that they do, like Guiness although I've eased up on Guiness.

So I picked up a 6-pack (bottles) of Yuengling Black and Tan the other day, and I have to say, I love it. One of the better dark beers I've had, and it doesn't have that thick barleyish taste that they do, like Guiness although I've eased up on Guiness.

I'm very fond of all three main Yuenglings (regular, Black and Tan, and Porter), particularly at the price. Black and Tan is great with burgers and any other meat you grill.