TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Best WCW Logo

OK, since apparently (and I just noticed this) polls have been removed from the new version of the TSM board, I'll just make this a regular topic.

What was your favorite WCW Logo?

280px-Wcw.jpg (1988-1999)

Wcwlogo.jpg (1999-March 2001)

or

Wcwalliancelogo.gif (The Alliance era WCW logo)

This can be moved to "Comments Which Don't Warrent A Thread" if the mods feel it must.

Wcwlogo.jpg

Hands down, it blew me away when I first saw the new intro featuring that logo. I went "Woah!" because I thought it was so cool.

Easily the 1988-1999 one. Its simple and really effective. I kind of like the 1999-March 2001 logo but its not as simple and its just abit to much according to me. The WWE/WCW logo is really bad.

Guest J0bber

I know I'm in the few when I say the 2001 WCW logo is my favorite.

Wcwalliancelogo.gif

Just look at that revolutionary logo. What I like about it is that it was different from the usual traditional WCW logos and had a more modern, new era approach. Unfortunately, that new era never happened thanks to VKM.

I always thought the old stencil logo was good, it helped give the feeling that WCW was wrestling first, silliness later(which it was for a while, i wish I coulda watched it back in its prime)

I prefer the first logo of theirs. It is simple yet effective. However, I did like the last one. In fact I even have the WCW Alliance t-shirt.

What I dont like about the last WCW logo is the "C". IF they had done the design of it differently somehow the logo would be much cooler. I would still choose their classic logo but the latest one would have looked so much better.

Wcwlogo.jpg

1999-2001 logo is clearly the best, since the first one is too bland and the alliance logo is a little over-the-top.

Wcwlogo.jpg

1999-2001 logo is clearly the best, since the first one is too bland and the alliance logo is a little over-the-top.

I agree, plus it lead to that crazy nitro set that everyone kept tripping on

I must admit that was a neat set

Wcwalliancelogo.gif (The Alliance era WCW logo)

I think I may be in the minority, but I hated the "star trek" logo, and the original one never did anything for me. I always thought the "Alliance" logo was the best. Simple, yet effective.

You know I never did get why WWE kept the ECW logo, but went out of their way to redesign the WCW logo for the Alliance stuff. :huh:

You know I never did get why WWE kept the ECW logo, but went out of their way to redesign the WCW logo for the Alliance stuff. :huh:

Originally, WCW was going to be a separate promotion run (nearly) independently of WWE. In an effort to remove the bad stigma associated with the old WCW near the end, they were re-designing the logo, sets, etc. Things just never got that far.

By the time they brought ECW in the fold, it was just a short term heel group. No need to invest finances for a dead brand.