TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Jarrett blasts Heyman and "ECW"

from wrestlingexposed.com

Between The Ropes Radio in Florida had Jeff Jarrett on the show yesterday, and as expected, Paul Heyman’s comments about TNA in the Miami Herald came up in the conversation. Heyman had said TNA was not even a consideration to anyone in the wrestling industry and the company has failed to brand itself as anything but scorned WWE castoffs. Jarrett shot back with:

"Paul's being Paul. I knew Paul when he first came to Tennessee years and years ago. He literally idolized Eddie Gilbert, Tommy Rich, Austin Idol, Jerry Lawler and he's carried that with him since the day he left Tennessee. Paul is a guy that just needs to worry about Paul. He's got a lot on his hands right. Vince McMahon is running ECW. He's gonna run the show up there. Re-quote the first part of the quote because Paul needs to really worry about Paul because I don't think Paul has a clue what he's talking about when he talks about TNA...[after the quote is re-read]...It's not a consideration to anyone in this industry? Go ask Rhino that. Is Rhino not in the industry? And if we're not a consideration, it sort of boggles my mind that every opportunity WWE gets to file off any kind of legal letter, they do. It's truly a David vs. Goliath story. That's their prerogative. That's how Vince McMahon does business and he has all of his guys that work for him with that mentality. Vince is very successful. He's going to make ECW successful in spite of Paul."

...good for Double J. Now actually DEFEND TNA beyond Rhino. Because a lot of the things Heyman said about TNA - about them not building new talent despite their younger guys being so fucking over with their fans its incredible - is 100% right.

Nice how Jarrett name drops Rhino, too bad Jarret won't allow Rhino to amount to anything, while Jarrett will be a 10-time TNA champ in other couple of years, if TNA lasts that long.

Guest hasbeen
...good for Double J. Now actually DEFEND TNA beyond Rhino. Because a lot of the things Heyman said about TNA - about them not building new talent despite their younger guys being so fucking over with their fans its incredible - is 100% right.

AMW, Abyss, Samoa Joe, Daniels, Styles are a few quick examples of non WWF castoffs who've won titles in TNA, except for Abyss. Not everybody can be champ, and certainly not all at once.

He has a point. If TNA wasn't a factor, WWE wouldn't look to screw TNA at every opportunity. Force Michael Shane to change his name? Kip James can't be called Outlaw? WWE has TNA on their mind alot more than they'll ever tell anyone.

AMW, Abyss, Samoa Joe, Daniels, Styles are a few quick examples of non WWF castoffs who've won titles in TNA, except for Abyss. Not everybody can be champ, and certainly not all at once.

Won titles isn't the same as allowing them to shine and get the spotlight - most of them play second fiddle to Jarrett & the Ex-WWE guys

Won titles isn't the same as allowing them to shine and get the spotlight - most of them play second fiddle to Jarrett & the Ex-WWE guys

If it wasn't for TNA, would you have ever heard of guys like Abyss or America's Most Wanted? Would you be able to see guys like A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe on a weekly basis? Maybe Jeff Jarrett is in the main event picture a little too much, but TNA actually attempts to push new talent. What do you think WWE would've done with A.J. Styles? I doubt he ever would have made it off of Velocity. I would like to see the list of "ex-WWE guys" that other talent plays second fiddle to. Kevin Nash? He is in the X-Division and hardly a focus of the show. Scott Steiner? He may be currently involved in TNA's best feud, so it is hard to say that he doesn't deserve his spot on the roster. Who else?

Nice how Jarrett name drops Rhino, too bad Jarret won't allow Rhino to amount to anything, while Jarrett will be a 10-time TNA champ in other couple of years, if TNA lasts that long.

Wow, the JJHate is really almost as annoying as the HHHate, y'know? Rhino hasn't amounted to "anything" because he recently just resigned with the company. AS IF they're going to do something as stupid as push him when they didn't even know what his intentions were. As for the future, well now you're only speculating and acting like it's fact.

Guest hasbeen

If it wasn't for TNA, would you have ever heard of guys like Abyss or America's Most Wanted? Would you be able to see guys like A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe on a weekly basis? Maybe Jeff Jarrett is in the main event picture a little too much, but TNA actually attempts to push new talent. What do you think WWE would've done with A.J. Styles? I doubt he ever would have made it off of Velocity. I would like to see the list of "ex-WWE guys" that other talent plays second fiddle to. Kevin Nash? He is in the X-Division and hardly a focus of the show. Scott Steiner? He may be currently involved in TNA's best feud, so it is hard to say that he doesn't deserve his spot on the roster. Who else?

I think when comments like this are made, they're mostly talking about three wrestlers-Jarrett and the James Gang. Three wrestlers out of 40 or so isn't really a big deal to me. You could say Killings is "castoff" too but he puts on good matches. As for the spotlight, I'd say carrying a belt is a form of getting spotlight.

It's good to see JJ defend TNA to this level. And i do agree that WWE think about TNA more than they let on.

As for people getting a push, sure, Jarretts long title reign was stupid an uneeded but it made it even better when AJ got the belt off him, same when Rhino won it at BFG.

But i would like to see some more people get a title push, give AJ/Daniels the tag belts, get the X belt of Joe and stick it on Sabin or Williams. Get the belt of Cage so he can make his heel turn. Then build on him trying to get the belt back.

As for the future, well now you're only speculating and acting like it's fact.

Given how Jeff has kept himself in the main event scene for way too long, to the point even the most loyal TNA fans began turning against him, and shows no sign of taking himself out, it's a fair conclusion that Jeff will have many more reigns as TNA/NWA Champion, simply because Jeff makes the final calls and TNA has long been shown to be his playground. Whenever anyone with perceived name value comes in, who do they either team with or feud against? After Christian's first NWA Title defense, whose issue took the spotlight after the match?

Given how Jeff has kept himself in the main event scene for way too long, to the point even the most loyal TNA fans began turning against him, and shows no sign of taking himself out, it's a fair conclusion that Jeff will have many more reigns as TNA/NWA Champion, simply because Jeff makes the final calls and TNA has long been shown to be his playground. Whenever anyone with perceived name value comes in, who do they either team with or feud against? After Christian's first NWA Title defense, whose issue took the spotlight after the match?

Stings?

TNA has the workers on the roster, they just need better Creative Writers behind the scenes.

I think this is a case where Jarrett and Heyman are going to be correct on certain points, while other points are just cheap shots.

You have to feel for Paul.

JJ may be the devil...but the company he loves and puts his neck out for is putting on a pretty entertaining product right now even with the focus on older stars (Steiner/Joe, Nash vs. the X division, Stings presence starting to force a Christian Heel Turn)

Heyman's company has turned into WrestleCrap. Or worse...a one hour extended Raw.

TNA right now is actually modeling itself after old WCW, everything UP TO the Main Event is pretty good, but the Main Event is a rehash of guys that SHOULD BE putting over the younger talent.

That's kind of true...

But when I look at what they're doing...

Christian is the champion...and he's headlined with Abyss the last 2 months.

On one of those shows the JJ/Sting saga took center stage...but the match also included AJ Styles, AMW, Rhyno and the Truth.

This month's main event has Truth, Christian and Abyss as well.

And they're using Steiner to put over Joe (and doing a fantastic job btw).

Also...did you know that with the exception of beating the midget last week...Kevin Nash has never won a TNA match?

Stings?

:lol:

Also, I don't really see Christian being much more of a success as champion to be honest. His title reign has been forgetable and boring for the most part. Even his ring work is pretty lackluster these days - IMO of course. I'm pointing this out because if Jarrett's title reign was un-needed then Christian's is just as.

I would put the belt on Sting.

I don't know if that would be popular here or not...

But I'd have Sting win the match and turn Christian full blown heel.

He could face Christian one on one at the next show. They could do the JJ match after that. Then I'd have him face Abyss (just cause I think the match would be good).

That would bring us to Bound For Glory...which MUST END with Joe choking out someone and winning the NWA title. Sting's probably the best choice in that role.

I actually agree with that. Sting would be a good champion regardless of the naysayers, IMO. And Christian as a heel > Christian as a boring face.

Sting would make a good short-term champion to transition the belt to Joe. The problem is that I think it more likely he'll transition the belt to Jarrett, and beating Sting for the title would mean more for Joe than beating Jarrett for the title.

Sting would make a good short-term champion to transition the belt to Joe. The problem is that I think it more likely he'll transition the belt to Jarrett, and beating Sting for the title would mean more for Joe than beating Jarrett for the title.

It's easy to dislike TNA if you automatically assume that Jeff Jarrett will eventually end up with the World title. If you look at what has happened the past couple of months, TNA knows what they have in Samoa Joe and it is pretty easy to see that his run will eventually culminate with a World title reign. Whoever walks out of Slammiversary with the World title, will likely be the transitional champion to Samoa Joe.

It's easy to dislike TNA if you automatically assume that Jeff Jarrett will eventually end up with the World title. If you look at what has happened the past couple of months, TNA knows what they have in Samoa Joe and it is pretty easy to see that his run will eventually culminate with a World title reign. Whoever walks out of Slammiversary with the World title, will likely be the transitional champion to Samoa Joe.

I don't dislike TNA, but I find some of their booking very annoying. As for assuming Jarrett will eventually wind up with the World title, that's a given. It will happen, and I'm concerned that it'll be done in a way that only benefits Jeff.

Heyman's company has turned into WrestleCrap. Or worse...a one hour extended Raw.

"Turned" into Wrestlecrap? ECW has had ONE SHOW so far. One Night Stand was great, their first show on Sci-Fi wasn't anything "innovative" but that can be explained. They wanted to get good ratings for the first show so they made Cena and Edge show up to get the ratings up, it's logic. Give the new ECW a couple of months to really get off the ground. Don't say it's shit after one show.... :bonk:

Im kinda happy and sad that the first show sucked. Im happy cause it proved i was right all along and that it was going to be shit, but sad cause they had to do it.

As for sting being champ, i say bring it on. Give Sting the belt at Slammiversary, then use him to put Joe over at BFG.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

Sting having the belt for 4 months is too long. If he was to win it, he should only hold the belt for two mouths, tops.