TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

OAO Friday Night Smackdown Thread

Did anybody else notice that everyone's strikes on this show seemed a lot stiffer than usual? It was like the SD roster is motivated to up the quality of their matches now that they've lost a few guys and ECW has started.

I tell ya what, the entire bout of Scott/Hardy v. Finley/Regal was fantastic, even including JBL's verbal shots in on Hardy via his commentary. I guess they're pretty going to let Bradshaw shoot as he pleases. But Bradshaw did a GREAT job there establishing Finley/Regal as a hell of a team just by his commentary on them alone, and then add in that the team itself really is tremendous and they might as well move them over to London/Kendrink ASAP.

JBL was absolutely great on commentry last night. Regal/Finlay-Gunner/Hardy was really good. Even Helms/Mysterio was good. Mr Kennedy was as entertaining as ever(even though he should move on from jobbers). Overall, a good show.

JBL had some good one-liners, but he and Cole really need to develop some chemistry. JBL was acting like an in-character 3rd wheel announcer, when there was no second guy. Cole, who is easily distracted and loses focus, tried to antagonize JBL too much and there was a lot of arguing and not a lot of quality match discussion. Plus, JBL treated Cole like a bitch, which further limited what Michael could possibly bring to the table. With Tazz, Cole could make a comment without Tazz shitting all over him, which made the announcing much easier on the ears overall. Being argumentative does not equal good announcing.

Yeah I totally agree with the JBL/Cole chemistry being off. It was too argumentive and a bit too mean spirited. I think Cole should be more flabbergasted by JBL's remarks ala Gorilla Monsoon's reactions to Bobby Heenan's comments.

Wow, so far JBL is tremendous on commentary. It's so refreshing to have a real heel on color again. He's a tad too aggressive, but it's only his first week, and I expect him to tone it down more the further away he gets from his old feuds.

Wow, so far JBL is tremendous on commentary. It's so refreshing to have a real heel on color again. He's a tad too aggressive, but it's only his first week, and I expect him to tone it down more the further away he gets from his old feuds.

Totally agree with you. With time he will tone down a little bit, and the chemistry between the two will increase.

But I don't want him to tone it down to a point he isn't himself!! Just a small bit..