TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PLAGIARISM!

the shittest album cover in recent memory

B000G09OEM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Dear God that is so stupid. If I thought Muse had a sense of humour, I'd think this was a pretty funny dig at Pink Floyd. Unfortunately I know that they take themselves seriously. Yikes.

Muse have quite a devoted cult following in this country. I guess they're a substitute for people who wish Radiohead would stop fucking around with laptops. Whatever the reason, they suck.

As for this shittiest recent album cover thread:

B000F0UV1S.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V52045262_.jpg

d76e8aef-c01c-4609-9d64-8ab01fad2579.jpg

Rob zombie looking like an old man is not cool.

this is rob fuckin zombie

Article_11101.jpg

To second Coat, I always thought the muddied Rob Zombie on Hellbilly Deluxe looked a horribly stupid

When I first saw it, I thought "This can't really be the same guy behind 'Thunder Kiss' and 'More Human than Human", can it?"

B000003B1F.l.gif

This cover is actually pretty awesome, but it's one that always causes anyone female to look at you funny.

"It's a really good album! Honestly!"

And I don't think Muse necesarily sucks. They're hilariously self-important and bombastic, and I can't see myself buying one of their albums, but they're better than 90% of the shit on the radio now.

Here's a mediocre cover that also serves as a sign of what to expect from the music itself:

B000ENUWBA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Comically "moody," portentous, pseudo-spiritual hackwork. Just what you can expect from any Live album.

I don't think I've ever heard even a single song by Live, unless I heard it on the radio in like 1997 and didn't know it. Am I really missing much?

Here's a mediocre cover that also serves as a sign of what to expect from the music itself:

B000ENUWBA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Comically "moody," portentous, pseudo-spiritual hackwork. Just what you can expect from any Live album.

I don't think I've ever heard even a single song by Live, unless I heard it on the radio in like 1997 and didn't know it. Am I really missing much?

No, you're not missing much.

I don't think I've ever heard even a single song by Live

I'm sure you've heard "Lightning Crashes" at some point

"Lighning Crashes" is one of the worst songs ever recorded. I hated it when I was a kid, and I hate it today.

Lightning Crashes was their big hit. And I despise that song. It's maudlin and stupid. It feels like it's 8 minutes long.

OH GOD, IT'S THAT SONG. THAT'S WHO LIVE IS. And man, this DOES feel like it's 10 minutes long. Geez. It just draaaaaaaaaaags. Oh, and

Livecopper.jpg

*snort*

"Lightning Crashes" was allright, I thought, but there was an awful version where they interspersed audio footage from the OKC bombing.

"Lightning Crashes" was allright,

I CAN FEEL IIIIYEEEET

I CAN FEEL IIIYEEEET (back up vocalist I CAN FEEL IIIYEEEET)

I CAN FEEL IYEEEEET (backup: I CAN FEEL IYEEEEYEYEYEIT)

*Lead singer has shit himself* I can feel it.

That's the song. It's one of the worst songs in the world. At least Jet blows their load after 3 minutes.

where they interspersed audio footage from the OKC bombing.

Hey, I CAN hate a band more! Hey guys check this out! And the album cover Inc posted was actually a great albnum cover it's God pissing on Live.

EDIT: and Throwing Copper makes me think of the infinitely better band Throwing Muses. Who got no radio play. And I sitll hear that shit song "Lightning Crashes" on the radio and you know someone has fucked to that terrible song and oh my god the room is spinning.

I proudly rocked that album cover as a Live t-shirt back in grade six.

This is the only band T-shirt I ever wore:

nin.jpg

That and a shirt which had the cover of "wish you were here"

I so badly want the Sonic Youth 'Dirty' tee that the big guy was rocking in 40 yo Virgin. Even though I think that album isn't that great comparitively.

B000003TAD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Now THAT I would wear every fucking day/

To second Coat, I always thought the muddied Rob Zombie on Hellbilly Deluxe looked a horribly stupid

When I first saw it, I thought "This can't really be the same guy behind 'Thunder Kiss' and 'More Human than Human", can it?"

I thought he looked quite cool. But not as cool as Hillbilly Zombie he was with White Zombie. He just looks like he's had it on the new album. He sounds like it too, the album is VERY poor.

Im actually struggeling to think of some more bad covers.

Blonde Redhead-Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons

Pretty hard to see, but this cover is hideous. It's just the three members of the band with like lipstick and antennae and shit drawn on them. Plus it's a REALLY stupid title. Pretty good album.

Blonde_redhead_melody_of_certain_damaged_lemon_200_200.jpg

They made it right on the latest one, tho.

Misery_Is_A_Butterfly-Blonde_Redhead_480.jpg

artificial_soldier.jpg

And to think, I kind of like the band (Hey, a man's allowed to have guilty pleasures, ok)

What about the horrible early Pantera covers?

If those are unavailable, I vote for this one:

milliejacksonbacktotheshit1.jpg

Okay, I pretty much said let's not rely on the Pitchfork list and whatnot.

There's a Pitchfork list of bad covers? I'm...out of the loop.

Edit: After looking at the Pitchfork list, I did not see Millie Jackson's "Back to the Shit" anywhere on it. In fact, I had never seen it before I saw it the first time and am not aware of who Millie Jackson is.

Guest The Spike
if it's more awesome than shitty i apologize.

That gave me a good chuckle. It was worth it.