TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dogbert

Stupid and unimportant question

I wasn't paying much attention to the WWF in 1997 and early 1998, so I wasn't watching during the early days of DX. I began watching again after Wrestlemania XIV, and I always remembered the faction's name being spelled "D-Generation X."

On Friday night, I went over to Cash Converters and picked up a shitload of old wrestling tapes on the cheap. One of them was the No Way Out show from February of 1998; as I watched the show, I noticed that DX was being referred to as "Degeneration X" in their Titantron video and their merchandise.

When did the WWF replace the E with a hyphen in DX's name?

While I don't know the exact reason, they definitely had the hyphen by the by the time 1998 rolled around. Earliest I can remember seeing it was in the WWF Magazine write-up for the "Degeneration X" PPV (March 1998 issue IIRC), which I found weird since they used both spellings.

I never even realized (or I forgot) they ever used a hyphen. Probably because the original DX with Shawn was the only DX that mattered and I wiped the other DX from my mind.

Guest Cannonball K

I'm sure you all know that the name comes from when Bret was on commentary and called them a bunch of degenerates, I've always thought that it was Degeneration X, of D-X for short

btw, my cable company fucked up and I got the DX PPV for free (I always used to listen to the ppvs via Fuzzyvision ) and I'll never forget how excited I was for an Owen/Shawn feud... the pop that night was amazing, and I'll never forget how much fire Owen showed there... in my opinion, that was probably the greatest face pop (sans Canada) that Owen ever got, and was probably the most over as a face he ever was

I'm sure you all know that the name comes from when Bret was on commentary and called them a bunch of degenerates, I've always thought that it was Degeneration X, of D-X for short

btw, my cable company fucked up and I got the DX PPV for free (I always used to listen to the ppvs via Fuzzyvision ) and I'll never forget how excited I was for an Owen/Shawn feud... the pop that night was amazing, and I'll never forget how much fire Owen showed there... in my opinion, that was probably the greatest face pop (sans Canada) that Owen ever got, and was probably the most over as a face he ever was

yea that ppv unscrambled for me too, but rescrambled during the HHH/Salughter match so that sucked.

I thought it was spelled with the e originally then suddenly the tshirts changed to the hyphen.

Hell I dont even remember the original shawn/hhh dx ever saying "suck it", but I first saw it on the shirts (and it said s*ck it, and me being dumb didnt know what it was saying)

Fuzzyvision...damn I miss that. I remember we got Wrestlemania 2000 All Day for free , and I thought we were gonna get it for free, but Michael Cole said something like we're gonna break to fix some technical difficulties, and BAM it was gone in less than 15 minutes.