TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Off-Season...

I like this trade. Vasicek has some potential, but I don't know if he'll ever reach it. Walker is someone who was a proven scorer in Nashville and someone who can hopefully thrive in our up-tempo system.

Walker is a good player when he's not hurt. Which is a lot. He's never played a complete season in the NHL, he got in 75 games in 2003-04 and played well though.

Its good, but Vasicek is going to be a big threat in Nashville with Karyia as his line mate.

Agreed, but I don't think we've seen Walker at his best yet. He'll wind up third line though probably, so, maybe this post is moot.

Its good, but Vasicek is going to be a big threat in Nashville with Karyia as his line mate.

Agreed, but I don't think we've seen Walker at his best yet. He'll wind up third line though probably, so, maybe this post is moot.

Walker's 33 tomorrow. He'd better start showing his best soon...

I'd really like if Montreal went after Ronald Petrovicky, Brad Isbister, Mike Leclarec, Mark Recchi, Radoslav Suchy, Jim Dowd, Jaroslav Svaboda, Nathan Dempsey, Ken Klee, Erik Rasmussen, Justin Papineau, Martin Rucinsky, Dean McAmmond, Scott Young

I'd really like if Montreal went after Ronald Petrovicky, Brad Isbister, Mike Leclarec, Mark Recchi, Radoslav Suchy, Jim Dowd, Jaroslav Svaboda, Nathan Dempsey, Ken Klee, Erik Rasmussen, Justin Papineau, Martin Rucinsky, Dean McAmmond, Scott Young

I read this post while listening to Stompin Tom sing "I've Been Everywhere".

That is all.

I like that trade for the Hurricanes. If you're going to trade an underachieving always hurt player for another one, trade him for a guy with some balls.

Why? None of those players are better then anyone we already have, including the rookies that haven't been given a chance to shine... Recchi, and Klee will serve the whole NHL better if they just retire. Martin Rucinsky sucked for us 5 years and has only gotten worse. Brad Isbister is a very poor man's Mike Ryder, and everyone brings nothing to the table. In all, I'd be dissappointed if we got any of those players, with possibly Scott Young being the exception.

Why? None of those players are better then anyone we already have, including the rookies that haven't been given a chance to shine... Recchi, and Klee will serve the whole NHL better if they just retire. Martin Rucinsky sucked for us 5 years and has only gotten worse. Brad Isbister is a very poor man's Mike Ryder, and everyone brings nothing to the table. In all, I'd be dissappointed if we got any of those players, with possibly Scott Young being the exception.

I'm 99.88% sure he was being sarcastic.

Just in case Baron wasn't being sarcastic,

They should go after Leetch(and that's a worst-case scenario).Tarnstrom, Ulanov, Markov should top the list, if they need to shop...which I don't necessarily think they do. If they want to bring back anyone (see: your Recchi comment), Eric Desjardins.

Maybe one more defenceman is the point I'm stressing...but Streit, Rivet or Bouillon could probably get the job done to complete a competent top four with A.Markov, Souray and Komisarek. There's enough young talent on this team to do just fine, for the most part.

Switching gears, Belfour in Florida? Why not? He and Keenan had some success once upon a time, but...you know. If we're playing Fantasy GM, Hasek > Belfour.

So what's Detroit going to do if Belfour does indeed sign with Florida, pending results of his physical(which, if he fails, pack it in, Eddie, for the love of God)? They still haven't signed a competent Legace(and likely won't, pointing the finger over the Edmonton series). They can't be serious about Osgood, who's about 45 years past his prime (waits for Major League joke).

I mean, this is still a good enough team to not have to re-build.

Just in case Baron wasn't being sarcastic,

They should go after Leetch(and that's a worst-case scenario).Tarnstrom, Ulanov, Markov should top the list, if they need to shop...which I don't necessarily think they do. If they want to bring back anyone (see: your Recchi comment), Eric Desjardins.

Maybe one more defenceman is the point I'm stressing...but Streit, Rivet or Bouillon could probably get the job done to complete a competent top four with A.Markov, Souray and Komisarek. There's enough young talent on this team to do just fine, for the most part.

Switching gears, Belfour in Florida? Why not? He and Keenan had some success once upon a time, but...you know. If we're playing Fantasy GM, Hasek > Belfour.

So what's Detroit going to do if Belfour does indeed sign with Florida, pending results of his physical(which, if he fails, pack it in, Eddie, for the love of God)? They still haven't signed a competent Legace(and likely won't, pointing the finger over the Edmonton series). They can't be serious about Osgood, who's about 45 years past his prime (waits for Major League joke).

I mean, this is still a good enough team to not have to re-build.

I heard that Detroit has alot of goalies on their radar. They have shown interest in Giguere, either Nabokov or Toskala, and have even hinted at re-signing Hasek.

The Ducks will be playing in the Honda Center. Yippee! Another way Kings' fans can make fun of us.

Where the hell's the Honda Centre? L.A. I assume on context clues, but, I've never heard of it.

Anaheim. They changed the name of the Pond. Oddly, the Kings practice at the Toyota Center. Is that a coincidence? I think not.

Anaheim. They changed the name of the Pond. Oddly, the Kings practice at the Toyota Center. Is that a coincidence? I think not.

Crazy. When did that happen? I've always prided myself on knowing the names of arenas, stadiums, and where golf tourneys are held. I dropped the ball for about three weeks on Scotiabank Centre this year as well.

Crazy. When did that happen? I've always prided myself on knowing the names of arenas, stadiums, and where golf tourneys are held. I dropped the ball for about three weeks on Scotiabank Centre this year as well.

Don't feel bad, even the Ducks' website still has it listed as the Arrowhead Pond.

Small nitpick -- it's Scotiabank Place.

The Pond name change won't be official until October, which probably explains the website.

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CP) - Winger Nikolai Zherdev may play in Russia next season unless there's a breakthrough in contract talks with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The restricted free agent has already signed a contract with Khimik Voskresensk of the Russian Superleague, his agent Rolland Hedges told the Columbus Dispatch.

''Nikolai's first objective is to play for the Columbus Blue Jackets,'' Hedges told the newspaper. ''If he's not able to do that because of a contract or budget situation, this way he has a place to play.''

Zherdev will spend the entire season in Russia if he doesn't sign with the Blue Jackets by Oct. 5.

''I'm not worried about it,'' Blue Jackets GM Doug MacLean told the Dispatch. ''We'll attempt to sign him, but if we don't, we move on and he goes back to Russia for a year. There's no doubt we'd like to get him signed, though. We'll see.''

The Jackets have offered Zherdev a one-year deal and a two-year deal but nothing more. Zherdev wants a long-term deal.

''He has lots to prove yet both on and off the ice,'' said MacLean. ''We're not prepared to pay a premium to put him on a long-term deal.''

The 21-year-old was second on the Blue Jackets last season with 27 goals and 54 points.

Guy seems to have a bright future in the NHL. Does he have off-the-ice issues?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=171859&hubname=

Panthers kill an Eagle. Looking more and more like Alex Auld is going to be a starter next season...

And sources are reporting that Kessel and the Bruins are talking contract now rather than Phil going back to Minneysoty. Kessel wants the rookie max, but the Bruins aren't willing to go that high. Uh oh...